rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Rugby Union 23-16-1 (+12.70 units)

AFL 13-7-0 (+16.67 units)

Rugby League 15-9-0 (+14.10 units)

OVERALL 51-32-1 (+43.47 units)

:shake:

Hey Rod!

I'm obviously new to the site but have been a long time lurker of your plays even back in the covers days. I will go far as saying you are the most talented (and versatile) capper I have come across on the internet, the way you have many of the sports whether it be American sports or Aussie ones downpat is incredible. Looks like you are killing it in the footy codes as well this season suprise suprise.

Main reason I figured I'd drop you a line is to let you know there is a person who is basically ripping off your plays on another site I am a member of. Over the past few weeks he has been posting word for word the plays you have posted here at CTG across the league, AFL and union.

I can shoot you a PM of the link, I'm sure you will want to check it out...

- Smasher

Hey Rod!

I'm obviously new to the site but have been a long time lurker of your plays even back in the covers days. I will go far as saying you are the most talented (and versatile) capper I have come across on the internet, the way you have many of the sports whether it be American sports or Aussie ones downpat is incredible. Looks like you are killing it in the footy codes as well this season suprise suprise.

Main reason I figured I'd drop you a line is to let you know there is a person who is basically ripping off your plays on another site I am a member of. Over the past few weeks he has been posting word for word the plays you have posted here at CTG across the league, AFL and union.

I can shoot you a PM of the link, I'm sure you will want to check it out...

- Smasher

Thanks for the heads up Smasher and welcome

I'm absolutely fuming right now this guy was warned by me before as well for plagarising my plays

I know you are reading this Mr Flamboyant aka Run 'n Gun you are a fucking disgrace, simple as that.

I'm absolutely fuming right now this guy was warned by me before as well for plagarising my plays

I know you are reading this Mr Flamboyant aka Run 'n Gun you are a fucking disgrace, simple as that.

I think this Guy Needs a BEATING..... :spank:

Good Luck for your Weekend ROD...!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the heads up, smasher, and welcome to the site.

rod, if this can be proven its Run n' Gun, then we'll take care of matters.

thanks for the heads up, smasher, and welcome to the site.

rod, if this can be proven its Run n' Gun, then we'll take care of matters.

Thanks BC - I'll sort this one out privately for the moment, provided I don't see him posting in any of my threads going forward I'll be happy.

Just wanted to ensure I call him out :shake:

Btw you in hiding or something lol? Haven't seen you in action with the local footy of late?

Had a look at the weather at Pretoria and was all ready to unload on the Blues later tonight against the Bulls but looks like there is going to be rain at some stage during the match. Blues are going to be in for a bashing in the forwards however with Botha being ruled out the Blues have the advantage in the lineouts along with the right side of the scrum IMO.

Fading a hot home team here & the weather does worry me so keeping this stake at a medium level

Rugby Union - s14

Blues +6.5 v Bulls (3)

Another great call on Wests.

I second smasher's call that you are the most talented and versatile capper on the net.

Thanks for sharing your picks.

Had a look at the weather at Pretoria and was all ready to unload on the Blues later tonight against the Bulls but looks like there is going to be rain at some stage during the match. Blues are going to be in for a bashing in the forwards however with Botha being ruled out the Blues have the advantage in the lineouts along with the right side of the scrum IMO.

Fading a hot home team here & the weather does worry me so keeping this stake at a medium level

Rugby Union - s14

Blues +6.5 v Bulls (3)

Blues were never in it :down:

That was pretty awesome from the Bulls - think they may be a bit of a darkhorse this season

Some really tight lines across all the codes for Saturday. Only one play for me in the league at the moment - may add one in the AFL tonight.

NRL Rugby League

Sea Eagles ML v Cowboys - (-120) (3.5)

:cheers:

EDIT: Wasn't able to get the ML at -115, only at -120.

Last edited:
Going to try my hand with a total in the big super 14 rugby union tonight between the Brumbies and Crusaders.

Rugby Union - s14

u46.5 Brumbies v Crusaders (3)

That's it for me for Saturday.

Lost with the Sea Eagles, won with the under - split for the day

May actually make a play in the rugby union over in South Africa. Will post if I pull the trigger

Last edited:
No posted plays for me for Sunday in the NRL and AFL. After the events of the past few days I'm going to save myself the hassle of internet posting and start moving into forum oblivion. Only reason I have been posting all along for years is I do enjoy the interaction with other punters and it's all about the endgame of beating the books.

Will finish off this weekend with a couple of plays though.

Superleague

Bradford Bulls -14.5 v Warrington Wolves (3)

No posted plays for me for Sunday in the NRL and AFL. After the events of the past few days I'm going to save myself the hassle of internet posting and start moving into forum oblivion. Only reason I have been posting all along for years is I do enjoy the interaction with other punters and it's all about the endgame of beating the books.

Will finish off this weekend with a couple of plays though.

Superleague

Bradford Bulls -14.5 v Warrington Wolves (3)

Just missed the cover :down:

Great game all the same to watch

Thanks BC -
Btw you in hiding or something lol? Haven't seen you in action with the local footy of late?

rod - I really havent gotten into the S14 this season, just a few h-f doubles hedged away at halftime when I've gotten the 1st half right. The ABs being out-then-in screwed up my normal stat approach, and the lines upon their return were softer than I thought they would be. Was looking only to take the points, never really saw what I was interested in being high enough.

As for the NRL, I'll be looking to get into that about round 9-11 (by then I should have enough stats needed to start identifying the patterns I look for). But I'm not really a big player of it anyway. I learnt long ago the NRL is as bad as soccer, lol.

Any plays for tonight Rod?

Leaning on Sharks ML.

Also, with the way the NRL season is going, who do you think wins it all in the championship?

Always appreciate your thoughts Rod.

Thanks!!!

Any plays for tonight Rod?

Leaning on Sharks ML.

Also, with the way the NRL season is going, who do you think wins it all in the championship?

Always appreciate your thoughts Rod.

Thanks!!!

Hey cream (sorry for the late reply) - like the Knights SU tonight.

In terms of who wins it all, Storm look like the team to beat again, what is scary is that they haven't yet hit top gear however still remain unbeaten. I do still question their mental toughness come the business end of the season...

GL whichever way you choose

Rod-

Good stuff, as usual, man. Keep up the outstanding effort. Am disappointed that someone has plagiarized your stuff, but nothing shocks me in this sicko world anymore.

Cheers

Back