Rockies are going to win the WS this year.

linewatcher

Pretty much a regular
this team is just phenomenal. and when i say team i mean team. these guys have it all: pitching, batting, and team chemistry. i hope they pull it out this year. no team is as deserving as these rockies....btw, the big bad AL does not scare me. the rocks have "it" this year...

clover.gif
Rockies
clover.gif

It doesn't hurt to have amazingly crazy positive variance working for you as well. They are playing excellent but my god they haven't had one bad roll or bad break over this stretch. It's truly remarkable.

the miss a play at second in the 9th, and the runner scores to tie the game. They get a run across on a bases loaded walk, then hold off the side to get the win.

The are sure as hell getting some breaks, and I am enjoying the shit out of their run. I think Ariz will get one of the next 2, and Colorado will close it out at their house. I will be watching.

Frankly the Bos/Cle series is very uninteresting to me. But I am an NL guy, so that might explain it a little.

Th INDIANS will shut down Colorado...They havent faced any pitching like what Cleveland can throw at them..

But first they have to beat Arizona, in which neither one of these teams really dominates at home against each other...

Colo is 5-4 at home against AZ

Th INDIANS will shut down Colorado...They havent faced any pitching like what Cleveland can throw at them..

But first they have to beat Arizona, in which neither one of these teams really dominates at home against each other...

:shake:

Gawd i wish i had $ on them to win it all this year earlier...had a feeling when they started getting hot, but never pulled the trig.

:cheers:

i know the run the rockies have been on is all great and stuff, but they're not winning the world series over the indians or sox. i think its the sox the get in there and they outclass colorado in all phases of the game. sox lineup is much better, they're pitching is better, and even tho the rockies defense is filthy, the sox defense is unreal as well. boston's got a better in-game manager, better closer, and a better homefield advantage. theres really not that good a chance the rockies hang in with boston, IF both teams mean in the WS.

This team is unreal

Only problem with them being so hot and on such a ridiculous run is that if they finish off the sweep they wont play again till next wednesday....

has a baseball team ever been off for that long? theres NO WAY to know how that will affect them...

This team is unreal

Only problem with them being so hot and on such a ridiculous run is that if they finish off the sweep they wont play again till next wednesday....

has a baseball team ever been off for that long? theres NO WAY to know how that will affect them...

Just look at DET last year...the time off...and them hearing about themselves and how easy it would be....then poof!

Nope...the Rockies are toast after sweeping now.

Happened throughout the playoffs last year - the team who crushed in the previous series had too long of a layoff and came out flat against the team who went 6-7 games in their previous series. Now it's gonna happen to the Rocks, who are already the lesser team between them and the Indians/Sox.

They are riding a wave of momentum right now and that will all be gone in a week. If the series price is reasonable at all (as in under -160), I'll be coming out of baseball retirement to bet the ALCS winner.

This team is unreal

For a team with no significant starting arm once you get past Francis - with due respect to those other pitchers, its just a fact - whats unreal was AZ scoring all of 5 runs in 3 games and 7 innings. I struggle to see either AL team left scoring less than 5 runs in any game against anyone outside of Francis.

i know a lot of people are still not buying into the rockies, and that's fine by me, but please give credit where credit is due. they have now won 21 of their last 22 games. that alone is an amazing feat. i do concede that this long 8 day layoff will hurt their momentum, but can anyone deny the type of baseball the rockies are playing right now? this team has caught fire and so many breaks that it's almost *destiny* for them to win. i don't know how to explain it, but there is something special with this team. i know baseball handicappers much smarter than i am will contest that statistically the AL is the better league (which they probably are), but isn't the postseason all about having the right stuff at the right time? without sounding too melodramatic, the rockies are a team of destiny and i challenge anyone to look beyond the statistics and actually watch how this team has been playing. they are a complete team with everybody contributing. i just don't see them faltering in the WS...:tiphat:

i think the layoff will help. this team needs rest. i think they are focused enough to win, but i still make the AL team heavy favs.

Back