Rockets info

blownaway

Pretty much a regular
I wanted to give everyone a heads up as a Rockets follower.

I know a lot of you follow past season, trends, etc when capping.

This year's Rockets team has taken on a completely new identity from the past few years. They will be defensive oriented with Howard, Beverley, Ariza and a slight commitment from Harden on defense. They've been preaching defense and unlike most teams have 3, imo, top 5 defenders at their respective positions actually vaildates them being a better defensive team.

Whereas in the past they had Parsons covering the top wing player, this year it will be Ariza who is infinitely better as an onball defender. This also will keep Harden from ever having to cover a top option on the other team.

I think unders will be at a premium until Vegas adjusts lines accordingly. Last night at 214.5 and hit 198.

Just a piece of info to watch for everyone.

Unders are 4-0 since the season started for the Rockets which should continue tonight.

Blazers + 2.5

A starting 5 that has a full season and playoffs last year under their belt vs. a starting lineup that has played together less than 3 games. At home where the Blazers have a significant homecourt advantage.

Looking into a 1Q play.

Unders are 4-0 since the season started for the Rockets which should continue tonight.

Blazers + 2.5

A starting 5 that has a full season and playoffs last year under their belt vs. a starting lineup that has played together less than 3 games. At home where the Blazers have a significant homecourt advantage.

Looking into a 1Q play.
:shake:

Another under and a good win in Portland.

Thoughts on the Rockets. Ariza has fit in perfectly into this squad. If you've followed the Rockets over the years he's a Shane Battier in his first couple years here with more athleticism. Paying him the 8M over Parsons 15M looks like a steal right now. Harden made a bold and to some asinine prediction that he was the best player in the league over the summer. Mainly, I think his confidence has evolved over the years from the first Dream Team as a bench guy to being the main guy on the FIBA team. As they move forward, I think they found something in running their small ball lineup with Ariza or the Greek playing the 4. It will be interesting to see if they try this against the Western Conference teams with legitimate PFs. This will lead to even more 3s, more FTs for Harden and more space for Dwight. Rockets team total overs are something to look at. It's still early in the season, but this has been as good a start as they could have asked for.

Goodluck.

Good stuff
and Jones didnt play last night, another guy that can stretch the floor..

Celtics - 2

If the team gets off to a better start they are competitive vs. both Houston and Dallas on their Texas road trip. I think they do that tonight vs. the Raptors on the 2nd half of a back to back. I like the pace at which they play and the fact that Valanciunas and A. Johnson are banged up bode well for the Celts.

goodluck.

Rockets - 4

Not a homer play. Pop on back to back, early in the season, I expect all kinds of lineup shuffling and we know no one is playing more than 30 minutes. Already noted how I feel about the unders and the Rockets so no need for explanation there.

Goodluck.

I've been taking every Rockets under as well and will probably do so again tonight.

There's an old joke about people who move from Dallas to Houston: They raise the average IQ of both cities.

In this case, Chandler Parsons move from Houston to Dallas has made both teams better.

Good win and another under.

I'll be looking into Jazz 2H if I can get a decent line tonight.

No others for now

since you have been watching the Rockets games i have a question for you?
They added a nice piece in Ariza and he gives them some nice energy on defense but do you think there defense has improved?
Box scores/stats can be very misleading.... and while the rox have kept their opponents to low scores the amount of shots for them are still up there. Is it teams are taking more outside shots cause they dont want to go inside vs Howard or is the perimeter defense that much better?
thanks

Better defense, better rotations. I take Saturday night's game with a grain of salt with no Dwight/Beverley/Jones. It still went under.

Pelicans + 5.5- I don't think the Cavs will play well against any of the legitimate teams in the West for awhile.

I'll create a new thread later with record.

9-1

Got a little lucky and caught the over due to high altitude, them putting up a show in Mexico. The team was more excited about that game and has come out flat since.

The offense is a little sluggish right now. You can see Ariza is trying to find his rhythm. Beverley back doing the same, however, his defense is welcome. It's a little Hardencentric right now which is not a good thing so I'll be sticking with the under and like the Memphis side in this game if you got 3.

Back