Riviera Week...

Genesis Open Febuary 13 thru 16th
Riviera Country Club (par 71)

last season @ Riviera
winner: Bubba Watson [-12]
tied 2nd: Tony Finau & Kevin Na [-10]
tied 4tth: Patrick Cantlay & Scott Stallings [-9]
tied 6th Phil Mickelson, Adam Hadwin & Cameron Smith [-8]

favorites: Dustin Johnson 17-2. Justin Thomas 12-1. Rory McIlroy 14-1 Bryson DeChambeau & Jon Rahm 16-1. Xander Schauffele & Bubba Watson 20-1. Phil Mickelson & Tiger Woods 22-1

my "cats & dogs" this week (bet/return)
Louis Oosthuizen 40-1 (12.50/512.50) solo 4th HSBC-Abu Dhabi [-14] T-7th DDC [-7] WIN SA Open [-18] solo 3rd Nedbank [-11]
Chez Reavie 50-1 (10/510) T-4th Phoenix [-12] T-3rd Sony [-17]
Scott Stallings 80-1 (6.25/506.25) solo 3rd Pebble Beach [-15] T-4th Genesis last season [-9]
Si Woo Kim 80-1 (6.25/506.25) T-4th Pebble Beach [-13]
Keegan Bradley 100-1 (5/505) solo 6th WGC-HSBC [-7] WIN BMW Championship [-20]
Abraham Ancer 100-1 (5/505) WIN Australian Open [-16]
Andrew Putnam 100-1 (5/505) solo 2nd Sony [-18] T-4th WGC-HSBC [-8]
Brian Yag 150-1 (3.50/528.50) T-7th Pebble Beach [-11]
Chris Stroud 150-1 (3.50/528.50) T-10th Pebble Beach [-10] T-7th Phoenix [-11]
Kiradech Aphibarnrat 150-1 (3.50/528.50) T-9th DP World [-12] T-4th WGC-HSBC [-8]
Danny Lee 200-1 (2.50/502.50) solo 2nd Mayakoba [-21]
Patrick Rogers 200-1 (2.50/502.50) solo 2nd RSM [-19] playoff
Ernie Els 250-1 (2/502) T-12th DDC [-14] T-15th SA Open [-8]

waiting for tourney match plays @ William-Hill and South Point Tuesday. Westgate is listed. "of interest" there are:
Marc Leishman even over Tommy Fleetwood
Chez Reavie -110 over Charles Howell III
Sung Jae Im -110 over Cameron Champ

:shake:

Weather is going to play a big part of the tournament this week. So wagering on an event that could be rain shortened or possibly even worse, may not be the brightest of ideas. But I cannot help but play against a certain golfer this week...

”I’m not a history buff, but I’ve never played good in the rain. It always frustrates me … just the water dripping and stuff and keeping my mind at ease. So it’s very difficult for me in the rain, but hopefully it rains enough, or it thunders enough, where we can postpone it to the next day, makes it easier for me"

"Water on the clubface, bro… water on the clubface. I got no chance!"

Both quotes from an SBNation article from last April which highlights Bubba's lack of enjoyment in playing in the rain.

Rahm -165 vs Bubba

Bryson D -150 vs Bubba

Both tournament match up plays. I will take #5 and #6 in the World golf rankings against a guy who sounds like he is defeated mentally before he even takes a swing in the rain.

1-2 -1.35 units YTD

Decided to take the last few weeks off after getting the wrong end of a multiple golf course tournament set up. I may add more but definitely on these two. Fade or follow best of luck

just bet three tourney match plays this week. could NOT get the match ups I wanted with "Ooster" he is -110 over "Dis" Grace who got solo 2nd in Phoenix in the final round in the rain [-15] and -110 over Sergio who has 5 Top 10 his last 6 on the Euro Tour. in fact with BJTrojan weather comment I went ahead and added Brander Grace 50-1 to my "to win" bets (10/510) ;)

Marc Leishman +105 over Tommy Fleetwood (50/102.50)
Matt Kuchar +110 over Tony Finau (50/105)
Si Woo Kim +115 over Martin Laird (44/94.60)

Last edited:
Weather is going to play a big part of the tournament this week. So wagering on an event that could be rain shortened or possibly even worse, may not be the brightest of ideas. But I cannot help but play against a certain golfer this week...

”I’m not a history buff, but I’ve never played good in the rain. It always frustrates me … just the water dripping and stuff and keeping my mind at ease. So it’s very difficult for me in the rain, but hopefully it rains enough, or it thunders enough, where we can postpone it to the next day, makes it easier for me"

"Water on the clubface, bro… water on the clubface. I got no chance!"

Both quotes from an SBNation article from last April which highlights Bubba's lack of enjoyment in playing in the rain.

Rahm -165 vs Bubba

Bryson D -150 vs Bubba

Both tournament match up plays. I will take #5 and #6 in the World golf rankings against a guy who sounds like he is defeated mentally before he even takes a swing in the rain.

1-2 -1.35 units YTD

Decided to take the last few weeks off after getting the wrong end of a multiple golf course tournament set up. I may add more but definitely on these two. Fade or follow best of luck

@ -165 and -150 seems like the book makers agree with you here. Good info RB.

god what a clusterfuck

this is why people make fun of the west coast when weather exists. I'm pissed it'd overcast and want a redo

For what it's worth, looks like light rain from late morning until 3-4 pm. Saturday and Sunday forecasts are clearing up... Can we please see Bubba play in a steady light rain for a few hours tomorrow???

Haha Kuchar doing all kinds of backpedaling now, glad that fraud got called out publicly. What a d-bag. Only trying to make it right because he got caught, and trust me I know that feeling...do right and quit being some wannabe nice guy tool. It will be respected.

That was the most unreal finish in golf betting for me of all time. Rahm doubles 17 and looks like a huge loss with Bubba birdie on the same hole. Bubba then four jacks 18 for a Rahm win and Bryson tie... Absolutely incredible... Never had a cigarette in all my life and I feel like I need one now

Reactions: KJ
I was in the same boat...first cursing Rahm for playing in the sand and 3 jacking 17. Then Bubba screws around on 18 green for 15 minutes and makes Riveria a winning week for me

I still can't believe it.... Note to self....Remember this the next time you want to bitch about a NCAA underdog blowing a cover in OT

Back