RIP Bryce Dejean-Jones

As much as I couldn't stand him with the ball in his hands this has been an upsetting last couple hours talking to friends. Just makes no sense to me

Very sad, but why would someone kick in not one, but two doors to an apartment and not answer when someone calls out and asks who's there?

Sounds like a set up

Sources told ESPN that Dejean-Jones was in town to celebrate his daughter's birthday and was involved in an argument with the child's mother prior to the shooting.

Either way, very unfortunate

Not a good set up if true. Isn't she now out a lot of money? I think if he was committing a crime which led to his death, any life insurance policy won't pay and she would now be out the child support.

I dunno ... correct me if I am wrong on that.

reporting has been pretty bad on this one all around.......sensationalizing NO, I took it.

They mentioned NO a 100 times.....never said where he got killed etc

RIP either way, do not get that twisted

I read he thought he was going into his GF's apartment but went into someone else's. He was on the 3rd floor and her apartment was directly above on the 4th floor.

I just don't understand why he would break down the door. Read it was just the front door and read it was the front door and the bedroom door. Either way, why would he break down a door?

I read he thought he was going into his GF's apartment but went into someone else's. He was on the 3rd floor and her apartment was directly above on the 4th floor.

I just don't understand why he would break down the door. Read it was just the front door and read it was the front door and the bedroom door. Either way, why would he break down a door?

I am guessing he was a tad drunk

Very sad, but why would someone kick in not one, but two doors to an apartment and not answer when someone calls out and asks who's there?

Guessing when the voice of someone asking "who's there?" was a male one in the bedroom of what he thought was his GF's apartment that maybe he just became more enraged.

Sounds like a set up

Sources told ESPN that Dejean-Jones was in town to celebrate his daughter's birthday and was involved in an argument with the child's mother prior to the shooting.

Either way, very unfortunate

Explain your set up.. Please

I agree. Might be better that he is dead

its not like the guy has a criminal record... he got into an argument with his girlfriend and maybe had anger management issues but dont see how you can just assume he'd beat his girlfriend.

he had some off court issues with teammates in college and got arrested for pot/noise violations for partying and the charges got dropped. id wager a few people, athletes or not fit that bill.

Back