Ride Or Collide Turkey Week College Football Plays and Analysis Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
73-74-4 (19.10) units

Didn't force anything last week and just played two games posted. Actually won 4 seperate 1/4 unit bets over the course of the week though so that was nice. The card was tough and I am being patient. Bottom line. I feel like I can chip away at this deficit and hopefully finish the season strong. If I can do that I will be quite satisfied with the year.

The 'analysis' portion of the thread will be more later tonight and ithe next two mornings. I have spent a lot of time today capping sports and writing and frankly want to kick back for a few hours. One more play may be added and yes its on the Big Game at Arrowhead.

Texas -5 -110 2 units
Boise +3.5 -110 2 units
USC -3 -120 4 units
Georgia -3 -120 4 units
Kentucky -3 -110 2 units
Vanderbilt +1 -110
New Mexico -10 -110

adding

Texas AM +7 -110 2 units
Hawaii -2.5 -110 2 units

Last edited:
Hunt, my biggest thing is to lose the Texas-Aggy game for the umpteenth year running ;)

that game is always a bitch for me too..

I parlayed UGA and Kentucky on the ML..like em.

I have a feeling ur on Mizzou...lol.

Like USC and Texas scares the shit out of me. Hoping they take care of business and all you non-Horns are right.

GL this week BAR. Glad you aren't on BYU this week. It just saves me the time from sending one of your boys a PM asking them to kick you in the ass. ;) That card looks solid to me.

A gentleman that will remain unnamed texted me way too early this morning wanting my USC-ASU thoughts so we'll start with that game.

I have been a big proponent of ASU football this year. I would say we have bet on at least 6-7 of their games and everyone of them has been crazy to say the least. I knew Rudy would regain his form of two years ago and Erickson has kept this team in it even after the Oregon loss. On the other side USC had such huge expectations this year but injuries and cohesion have limited them. I like what I have seen out of them lately though. Even the loss at Oregon. Booty has started the last two games and has been solid. Nothing special but solid an mistake-free. The best part is SC is just erunning it down peoples throats.

Why does SC win? They win the battle of the trenches. ASU's biggest weakness is their o-line. They cannot contain pressure and thats how SC wins this game. Its still going to be a great game but combine that with the SC rushing attack and I think they take over in the second half to pull away say 33-20

sc lives for games like this where they get to make a statement with the whole country watching.

A gentleman that will remain unnamed texted me way too early this morning wanting my USC-ASU thoughts so we'll start with that game.

I have been a big proponent of ASU football this year. I would say we have bet on at least 6-7 of their games and everyone of them has been crazy to say the least. I knew Rudy would regain his form of two years ago and Erickson has kept this team in it even after the Oregon loss. On the other side USC had such huge expectations this year but injuries and cohesion have limited them. I like what I have seen out of them lately though. Even the loss at Oregon. Booty has started the last two games and has been solid. Nothing special but solid an mistake-free. The best part is SC is just erunning it down peoples throats.

Why does SC win? They win the battle of the trenches. ASU's biggest weakness is their o-line. They cannot contain pressure and thats how SC wins this game. Its still going to be a great game but combine that with the SC rushing attack and I think they take over in the second half to pull away say 33-20

exactly.
this is why i was telling you i'm thinking of doubling up.

USC has the best o-line in the pac-10. And w/ sammy finally available, i'd argue it's one of the top 5 in the country.
AZST has a great defense, but they don't get after the QB all that much.
So JDB will get protection. But more importantly, the USC o-line will get a helluva forward push running the ball...and control the game.

AZST has a below ave o-line, that allows way too many sacks. USC's excellent defense will be able to pin their ears back and pressure Carpenter all game long. He won't have the time to carve up the secondary...and he may not even last the game, with as many times as he'll get hit. Plus, there's not all that much of a running threat from AZST to keep the SC defense honest. It'll be cover, and pressure the QB...with the whole plan to take away their strength, Carpenter.

USC will own the trenches...on both sides of the ball.

Yanks and BAR, great analysis on the USC-Az St game; I couldn't agree more, as I see USC getting pressure from their front 4 and throwing a multitude of coverages at Carpenter.

On the other side, RB Washington has really est himself and I see a methodical USC offense controlling the ball. This should be a lot like the Cal game, where USC won by 7, but dominated more than that differential would indicate.

Petey has not lost in November since he's been at USC...not even once.

I'm about 0 for my lifetime in the UT-TAMU game; I even tried a 2nd half bet two years ago and got waxed. UT sure looks tempting at such a short price and with revenge...won't be on it though which you should be thankful for considering my track record in this game. it'd be just like Aggie to jump up and play their best game of the year...UT just seems lethargic this year.

Love UGA as well; situationc concerns me though.

I don't understand the love for Boise St in this spot; Boise hasn't done anything so special on the field this year that makes me believe they're a better team than Hawaii, yet they are catching less points than HFA would warrant on the island. I will play Hawaii under 4 in all likelihood.

Kentucky...no opinion here, put I will be pulling hard for them. Much rather see UGA play LSU.

New Mexico I like from a pure line value standpoint as I made the number 14; concern here is the recent history in the last four matchups all decided by 5 or less (or something like that). I will still give this a long look since UNLV will have trouble running with Summers and they may just be on the verge of packing it in. Both NM and TCU need impressive victories this wknd.

Vandy is one of my favorite plays this week; not from a line value perspective but situationally...the need to win to clinch a bowl while WF did just that last week. Just see Vandy playing with more urgency this week, at home and the talent is very close on both sides. Programs such as these don't care so much where they go bowling...just that they go bowling, esp Vandy.

Good luck this wknd, BAR.

Hunt, my biggest thing is to lose the Texas-Aggy game for the umpteenth year running ;)
You Won't. this is my biggest play of the week. Mack Brown puts the final nail in Fran's coffin, digs the hole and throws the first handful of dirt on top. blah blah rivalry, win one for Coach Fran, lets knock Texas out of contention for Big 12 and poss. BCS blah blah.......
Texas -5
:cheers:

GL bro, not a huge fan of your card, but I always go against the grain so that's no surprise.

GL this week, bro. Our success or failure is heavily intertwined this weekend.
Still looking at UGA...but haven't been able to pull the trigger there yet.

Nice to get a big win in what is hopefully a big week coming.

Congrats to all USC backers tonight

USC already in the bag.

Hedged off Texas and Hawaii. I have solid opps at key numbers to maybe get both bets in still.

73-74-4 (19.10) units

Didn't force anything last week and just played two games posted. Actually won 4 seperate 1/4 unit bets over the course of the week though so that was nice. The card was tough and I am being patient. Bottom line. I feel like I can chip away at this deficit and hopefully finish the season strong. If I can do that I will be quite satisfied with the year.

The 'analysis' portion of the thread will be more later tonight and ithe next two mornings. I have spent a lot of time today capping sports and writing and frankly want to kick back for a few hours. One more play may be added and yes its on the Big Game at Arrowhead.

Texas -5 -110 2 units
Boise +3.5 -110 2 units
USC -3 -120 4 units
Georgia -3 -120 4 units
Kentucky -3 -110 2 units
Vanderbilt +1 -110
New Mexico -10 -110

adding

Texas AM +7 -110 2 units
Hawaii -2.5 -110 2 units

GL BAR. I'm on Boise and UGA. I don't see either being much of a problem. I'm a huge Vols supporter so I hope you lose that one, but honestly I have no idea how that game will play out. I could see anything happening.

this is a smart man here fellas..he knew to hedge. Gamblers all have "feels" and this is one of the best in the business here.

Tomorrow should be a helluva day IMO. I usually like to ride but did the smart thing today. There was some factos that made me hedge, some I won't mention ;)

Anyways, heading into the weekend...

76-76-4 (15.50)

Def happy with the first 2/3 of the weekend. Now its time to have a great Saturday. Still looking at the game at Arrowhead. Like the Hova in Gainesville as well. May or may not add.

Back