Rexy's Wildcard Weekend...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Rotten way to end the regular season, and making 19 plays, i fully deserved what happened to me (losing more than 9.5 units). Worst week of the year and was the fifth losing week, frustrating. Hope to do better in these four games.

Gun to head could only have Houston. Each team has played great (17-2 last 19 combined SU) down the stretch and both are doing it on the defensive side of the ball. Chiefs are +16 in turnovers during this win streak but with both key linebackers Hali and Houston banged up and less than 100 percent, give a slight nod to the Texans, which fell behind by three touchdowns in a Week 1 loss that still stings me (Houston that day and Tampa losing to Tennessee both chafed my ass after looking how these teams were after 6 weeks). Chiefs beat no playoff bound teams in their last seven; neither did Houston. Both defenses have largely dominated week in and week out and you can be sure Alex Smith will go back to game manager role that he has excelled at since Jamaal Charles went down for the year. Would generally rather have him than Hoyer here, but Hoyer is playing with legit revenge after being benched vs. KC the first time.

Prediction: KC 20, Houston 19
No play

Bengals haven't won a playoff game since the 1990 season; almost 25 years to this point ago. They've lost in their first playoff game four years running, but QB Andy Dalton, who piloted the Cincy attack in those losses, is out today. For all of the talk about Cincy's failures, let's not forget that the Steelers haven't won a playoff game in 1,812 days, since the 2011 AFC title game, having failed at this level twice since. Cincy finished with just three spread losses all season and went 3-0 ATS when catching points. The difference here is that each team can move the ball, but the Steeler defense isn't very good, and Cincy's is. Weather will be hovering a bit above freezing and it's probably going to rain and there could be a bit of wind.

The Steeler offense struggled moving the ball the last two weeks against division foes. You can be sure that Cincinnati will us some of the things that worked for Baltimore and Cleveland the last two weeks, and one thing about McCarron is that he has been taking care of the ball for the Bengals. Both Pitt stud RB's are out and I don't see them establishing anything on the ground. Making Big Ben one dimensional will make things very tough on Pitt. As good as Antonio Brown has been in his career, his numbers against the Bengals are underwhelming, to say the least: Less than 80 yards per game and just four touchdowns in 11 career games. The Bengal defense has more interceptions than touchdown passes allowed. Home field in-season revenge works here.

Prediction: Cincy 24, Pittsburgh 16
The play: Cincy +3 -120 med. That price is gone and will not come back. Would advocate a moneyline play only for the same amount. You should be able to get +105 or +110 at least.

I'll get Sunday's writeups up a bit later. I took 6 in Minneapolis earlier in the week and went UNDER 42 when I saw the weather forecast back when the total came out. I will scalp out of that total at some point; it's 39 now and I hope to go OVER 38.

I also have Green Bay in the late game and will explain that one in full later today or tomorrow.

GL today; I'll be back in to answer questions about today's games sometime within the next couple of hours and then again before the kick in Houston.

:shake:

Thank You.....one thing for sure, betting road favs in the NFL....will kill your bankroll

LIVE Cincy +8.5 +110 med 2u

It has to get better at some point, doesn't it?

Cincy drove last time. Expect them to score this time so long as they don't turn the ball over.

Interesting finish to say the least in Cincy anoche. Marvin Lewis, who helped build and mold probably the most talented team in the league this year, will likely fall on the sword after this loss. Burfict is a tremendous football player and seems a real turd of a human. Pacman Jones staying out of prison for 6 years or so has been a huge underdog. What doesn't get talked about is that why the fuck Joey Porter was on the field as a defensive coach when an offensive player got injured. He was a dirty piece of shit cheapshot artist as a player and is probably a prick now as a coach as well.

To today:

Went in real good on UNDER 42 and had some +6 equity when I found out the weather in Minneapolis back on Monday. I will get all the way out of that UNDER so disregard that as a play. Seattle won the first meeting 38-7 in a game that wasn't that close. The only Minny score came on a kickoff return after one of Seattle's six scores.

Seattle is playing at a really high level; it's hard to see them doing much better than the first half they played in Phoenix last week, where they totally flattened the Cardinals. You can be sure that they were all out there, trying to send a message to their division rival. Russell Wilson has been a beast throughout his career in December, but let's remember that in his only true road playoff game, he had the great fortune of going against a brain-dead Mike Shanahan at Washington, who allowed a 1-legged Robert Griffin III to play over Kirk Cousins three years ago in a come-from-behind win-and-cover that the Seahawks had zero business winning (yes, I had the right-side Redskins and am still bitter about it. Dumbass Shanny. Find threads from 3 years ago; I was ranting hysterically throughout the NFL forum for sure).

Wilson had his fun five weeks back on this field but a lot of the star defenders for the Vikes were in sweatpants that day. Harrison Smith is the Swiss Army knife at safety, Anthony Barr is one of the league's great pursuing linebackers and nose Linval Joseph basically eliminates any running through the 0,1,2,3 holes. None of those guys played then; they're all active today. The Rams beat up on Seattle two weeks back by blasting Wilson; sacking him four times and hitting him 13 in all. The Seattle O-line is still one of the worst in football despite some minimal improvement throughout the season. Zimmer doesn't blitz often, but the Vikes led the league in pressure rate on blitzes (49 percent). There might only be one area where the Vikings have a decided edge here, but it's going to be a meaningful one, disrupting the Seattle offense all day long.

Scoring won't be easy, but if the defense can force some turnovers and set up Teddy for some short fields, he'll find a way to capitalize.

Also note that while Minnesota was 13-3 ATS this year, they were also 3-0 in the second games (SU/ATS) against their North division foes, with last week's game in Green Bay (20-13 win) the only one decided by one possession. The Vikings have one of the best coaches in the league, a consummate winner at quarterback and a running back that will be eager to atone for the atrocious performance five weeks ago. Outright!

Prediction: Minnesota 16, Seattle 14
The plays: UN 42, OV 39.5 for the same and Minny +6 med to big 2.5u (would still be worth a play for 2u at 4.5 and for alittle less at +4).

The second game of the day breaks down much easier for me because of the narrative I choose to follow. Being a horse guy since I was 12, I have often been a believer in class ratings. And this line is a gift based on class. Washington is a claimer being asked to run in high-level allowance company (I won't call Green Bay a stakes horse just yet; too many flaws from the Pack have exposed themselves in the last two months).

The Redskins have had a solid 9-7 season under the re-emergence of Kirk Cousins and an offense that has played well, especially at home. But they beat up on a bunch of nobodies for the wins. None of the nine victories came against a team with a winning record. Green Bay is 10-6. The Redskins only PLAYED three teams with a winning record all season. They were beaten 34-20 by the Jets, 27-10 in New England, and 44-16 in Charlotte. That's 105-46, or an average of 35-15 if you're counting. Meanwhile, Green Bay played a league-high seven games against teams in the playoffs, winning three of them.

Green Bay has certainly showed some alarming flaws. But the Packers played on the road throughout their Super Bowl run in 2010 and still possess the league's reigning MVP. Aaron Rodgers had a subpar (worst of his career?) by anyone's account, yet still threw for 31 scores and just eight picks on the season. On the other side, Green Bay ranked in the top nine in the league in pass defense, sacks and interceptions. Cousins figures to have demonstrably more trouble today than he did when facing the traffic cones in the secondary of the Giants, Dallas, Chicago, Buffalo and Philly in the six weeks since the Carolina loss. Washington, meanwhile, is 28th in yards allowed. Experience? Check mark to Green Bay. This is Washington's second playoff trip in 16 years. The Packers will never trail, and this one won't be remotely exciting in the fourth quarter, with some Washington points coming in junk time to possibly make the total being the only sweat late.

Prediction: Green Bay 31, Washington 17
The play: Green Bay ML +105 big 3.5u ... even money is widely available and the bet would be for the same at that as well...

GL!

I disagree with you because of one reason, this Redskin Offense got healthy after the Car game! Desean Jackson makes a huge difference giving Skins a deep threat at all times! Cousins has been magical at home, actually historic with best completion percentage in the history of NFL (think about that for a min: better than Marino, Brady, Montana, etc). GB has injuries in secondary and although I agree with you on Rodgers, Skins will be scoring a bunch in this game: Wash31 GB 28! The over is better bet IMO, but think Skins are just too hot! Sometimes you make a good claim and ride it all the way to a Stakes victory!

Health GB w/ you on Minny. Following the GB class narrative, I have GB dropped in class, the recent performance, which I consider more relative than something happened 6 years ago, is the path I'm taking. At the end of the day, I don't think strength of schedule plays as big a role in the numbers as it used to.

As for the Vikes game, I think the the line is out of whack. Back in 12/6/15 Sea closed at -2.5, after a pick. The final score helps Minny here IMO. Don't agree on the total. No wind, no rain, just cold. Should help Minny, and in today's day and age, the players have clothing options to nullify the weather. Pass for me on that total....maybe some team total.

Get em Rexy. Agree GB I think, like the under quite a bit there, probably the 1st half under more so than the 2nd half.

GL. GB is just too flawed IMO. Wash not great by any stretch, but ARod can't do it all on his own and Wash a better "team" at this point. Can't wait to fade whichever team wins next week.

Minnesota LIVE +115 ML for another unit . Not sure what game these people are watching but nothing is going to come easy for Seattle today. I actually bet it +3.5 -115 and +150 for a unit each after the last Minny punt but no time to post. Would recommend another play here, so I'll post it...

2H Seattle/Minny UNDER 19.5 med 2u. Did anyone see Wilson throw the ball downfield twice? THey literally have zero chance to score without the help of penalties. This is not a home game, so don't buy into the Seattle narratives about winning playoff games (see the miracle vs. GB last year) in the clutch. Minnesota is content to run 28 and wear down the Bag defense. So far, so good.

GL!

Well, the temp sure as hell is having an effect here....good call.

Played Minny +4.5 (1) 2nd half.....very much an anyone's game.

Minnesota coach 2nd only to Arizona and perhaps better at this point, as the Ariz guy always takes the ball which makes zero sense to me most of the time.

I digress.

Seeing Wilson throw downfield in the 2/3 Qtrs, there is an obvious left-to-right wind (as we watch on TV). He never had the ball in the first. Zimmer kicked that FG and got that touchback with the wind, so it wasn't just me mentally thinking it (and seeing Wilson's passes that looked like Manning's downfield in Dec 2014).... they wanted those kicks going that way.

LIVE Seattle +5.5 -115 small 1u

sorry, posted the play while the line was good. Some places (betonline, for one, yes sign up through our banner if you don't have an account there) deal the game live throughout.

But now that 3 gets the wind, their offense might have some more success this quarter. I am praying for a few minutes of no scoring so i can get some OVER live and get out of some of my halftime sweat, also.

seattle has had a horseshoe up its ass for 3 full years now, ever since the Washington road game. I have never seen a team sustain this sort of consistent luck as they have for this long. Amazing.

Already bet next week.

Carolina -2.5 -105 and flat for 4u total.

Line should be 4 minimum. I will have writeup next week but for reference point, the play is in here. Line has to be higher.

Another unit on GB +119 moneyline (1.2 actually).

Ivey blasting into Washington. They could win, but from how I see it, wrong side is favored. Value exists in my play. Back for live and 2H shit later, GL to those who follow and health to those against.

LIVE Green Bay +5.5 +105

Wind direction will be changing soon, and so will momentum. Washington is going to rue not being up 12 or 15-0.

i went again. If this Wash coach is stupid enough to not realize not only that he could not challenge that play, but that he would have lost it, then give me Poker Face McCoy all day with a half to prepare even when other team gets ball first.

I am counting on a GB score to be able to scalp out of a bit of this, but...

GB -122 live for 1.5u more. Fire fire fire....

i went again. If this Wash coach is stupid enough to not realize not only that he could not challenge that play, but that he would have lost it, then give me Poker Face McCoy all day with a half to prepare even when other team gets ball first.

I am counting on a GB score to be able to scalp out of a bit of this, but...

GB -122 live for 1.5u more. Fire fire fire....

Mazel tov :cheers3:

Skins get ball first. Line is out of whack. I would assume Poker Mac will take the wind in the 3rd Q and try to put this team out of its misery. I know I would. I can see why he might not but I would. Get this thing to 31-11 or so after three and forget about it.

THe play: 2H Green Bay ML +155 for 1.5u more

Skins get ball first. Line is out of whack. I would assume Poker Mac will take the wind in the 3rd Q and try to put this team out of its misery. I know I would. I can see why he might not but I would. Get this thing to 31-11 or so after three and forget about it.

THe play: 2H Green Bay ML +155 for 1.5u more
Have the same feel here. If redface don't get pts. out the gate could get ugly. Pedigree. Took 2' here but may grab a little ML. BOL REX.

hang tight for possible live plays on skins and scalps. having a good weekend and won't give away winnings but for sure would like to see a chance to hit a nice middle. Tomorrow is where the real money will be won, so would be nice to set myself up for good windfall after that.

seattle has had a horseshoe up its ass for 3 full years now, ever since the Washington road game. I have never seen a team sustain this sort of consistent luck as they have for this long. Amazing.
my sentiments exactly. fucking team has more luck than anyone I can ever recall. I wonder when this deal with the devil expires...

Back