Rexy's Week 9 Niffel...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
3-1 last week and a good winner.

Hold your nose today, boys. The stench from this thread might pollute the entire forum. That's because I'm backing teams that really no one can be interested in.

Pitt getting almost high enough to consider Oakland, even with the early start. But would have to take +7 -120 or better before I could consider Oakland.

Numbers do not support a play on Jacksonville, but the situation does. Let's break down a headline listed at businessinsider.com on Thursday: "The Jets are starting a quarterback who needs hand surgery over a 'relatively healthy' Geno Smith."

Think about that for a minute.

The Jets are so desperate to NOT start Geno Smith that they're willing to trot out Ryan Fitzpatrick, he of AFC South fame with the Titans and Texans in 2013 and 2014. The Jags certainly know about him having faced him the last two seasons. Assistant Doug Marrone was the Buffalo head coach and beat the Jets twice last year. John Idzik is a special assistant to the GM in Jacksonville; he helped build this Jets team as its GM in 2013 and 2014.

Jags are off a bye and lead the NFL in ypc allowed (just 3.5). The Jets need to establish the run in order to run their offense to its full capability. It won't be easy sledding against the Jags in this spot.

The play: Jacksonville +8.5 small to med 1.5u

Minnesota is worth a look at -1 only and no higher, but i made the game a bit higher and think they'll win.

No real thoughts in Buffalo; made the game a smidge cheaper but need to see another Miami game to get a true sense of where they are; same with the Goats.

New Orleans or nothing at the 7 level or less. No clue if higher.

I really think Washington can compete with NE but my number is higher and i have to respect that so pass. Spot is bad for NE off the division games etc, and with Gmen up next.

I made Carolina pick so even though I like GB, i can't bet them here as the number won't support.

OK, I realize the 49ers have laid a couple of road eggs in the last couple of weeks. That said, they're returning home this week, where they're 2-2 SU and ATS, allowing just 15 ppg at Levi's. I'll have to hope that Blaine Gabbert is as least a bit more competent than scattershot Colin Kaepernick behind center, and that the 49ers can at least move the ball through the air against the permissive Falcon defense. Atlanta has trailed after halftime in all but one game this year, and are off four straight non-covers. While the Niners rank last on offense and 31st on defense, so backing them seems suicidal, but the bottom line is the Falcons haven't earned the right to lay a full touchdown to anyone on the road.

The play: San Francisco +7 even med 2u

Bucs playing first home game since Oct. 11; they blew yet another decent lead last week (20-3) before finally winning in overtime in Atlanta last week. Lovie Smith improved his record to 2-9 in games decided by six or less points. Perhaps these Bucs have turned the corner, learning how to finally win a close game? Giants plus-10 in turnovers and if they can force rookie QB Winston to make some mistakes (7 interceptions) then it can go their way. Also concerned by Tampa defense that's given up 112 in three home games (!) and are likely missing top rush DE Smith. That said, wrong team is favored here. G-men defensive back seven resembles traffic cones outside of DRC, and Tampa has enough offensive weapons (even with Jackson and ASJ out and Evans a bit dinged up) to exploit them, control the ball and do many of the same things the Saints did last week.

The play: Tampa Bay ML +115 small to med 1.5u

Like Denver, but number is 5 so can't support a play.

Lean to Dallas and number does support at least a look at it (should be Philly -1/2 pt or so tops)... will pass for now but if it goes up any or i have a good day, i might dip in later tonight on Dallass.

No real feel for tomorrow, both teams pretty banged up, i made Diego 5 so it's a pass for me.

GL this week. I warned you it's a nose-holder, these teams I'm backing this week.

:shake:

good luck Rex....don't know how you keep up with all the info you have. Thank you:shake:

i must be an idiot, i like the redskins...

They get ball first, seemed to get bearings in 2Q and have been a good 2H team all year especially when playing from behind

2H Washington +6 med 2u

The Broncos did nothing right, but yet the Colts gifted them the ability to get back in the game by having the best punter in the league punt the ball in bounds. Amazing really.

yes, dallas is superior and believe it or not they have a superior coach despite what all you saberfreaks (which I am one) think.

Could lose, but no way the line right regardless of result.

Back