Rexy's Week 3 Niffel...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Sup fellas.

Slow start to the season both here and in the colleges so took a week off to reset the battery, especially here (I bet Florida State live when they cut it to 14-10 last week so I knew I was seeings things half-assed).

I might have a bad rating on Houston, but I don't think so. I lined them last week close to what they closed vs. KC. Yes, it was an impressive win. Yes, they know the Pats better than anyone. Their HC, Romeo the Poker Player, Wilfork and others have experience with the systems that are in place in Foxborough and have been for years. Not much has changed, and little should surprise any of them.

That said, it's a terribly difficult spot for Houston to travel on the road on a Thursday against a non-division foe. Thursday night games favor the home teams by 9 miles to begin with since they started putting everyone in the league on them weekly in 2012, and when you tack on the unfamiliarity of a playing a team you don't see twice each season, it's magnified.

The backup QB is inactive. He'll probably be back in time to play next week, but he might not have a job to go back to. The kid from Norkerlina State seemed adequate to me last week - nevermind that they got outscored 21-7 after he came in. The game was already out of reach; they were never gonna have him do anything to put the game in danger. You can be sure tonight that the Texans will try to take away Blount, White, the quick-hitters that KC tried in futility last week and make this kid beat them with his arm.

I firmly believe he can do it. Now more than ever I think that Brady is a system quarterback that succeeds moreso on the ability of the cheating coach to be so far ahead of everyone else than on his own merits. But the game is not lined that way - look at the total for proof of that. When was the last time New England played at home with the total in the 30s? They would make NE about 12.5 or 13 over Cleveland once Brady comes back, but the right line would be closer to 9. Sure, he's worth a point or two to the line, but no more than that. We'll see that tonight. And even if they are forced to play Edelman, it's not a death sentence at QB. He was a three-year starter there at Kent State before transitioning to wideout for New England. He does his job there, just like most everyone else does at their other respective positions.

Look for 31-17 ish.

The play: New England PICK for 2.5u
2 team parlay NE/OV risking 1u

I lean Seattle Sunday, but as of now have no other plays and might not have any more. Also lean UNDER in four other games but not interested in bets at this level (Tennessee UN, Jacksonville UN, Indianapolis UN, New Orleans UN).

GL!

:shake:

Thursday night games favor the home teams by 9 miles to begin with since they started putting everyone in the league on them weekly in 2012, and when you tack on the unfamiliarity of a playing a team you don't see twice each season, it's magnified.

Found this is absolutely true doing my research today and agree 100% BOL tonight.

Tough call with Brissett. We really didn't get a good look at what he could do last week because they were up so much and he didn't complete a pass longer than 7 yards while he was in there.

Back