Rexy's Week 12 College...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
This worked out well last week, and I can't see it coming back down, so........

one play for now, Arkansas State -7 medium to big. Made the game much higher and I guess the Injuns aren't getting the proper respect but make no mistake, this bunch is rapidly improving under coach Harsin. An easy lay here, and it would be real big but i can't get down enough and don't want to miss the number

GL!

:shake:

big steam on Northern Illinois, and not sure why. I'll have a writeup soon, but had to bet before I missed it.

The play: Ball State +10 -108 medium to big.

Firstly, the game opened 5.5, and that's about the right price. It seems like CRIS guys favoring the dog so I can't see that 10 coming back. That was my target price for a bet, and I got it. Basically, the Nadders should be unbeaten. They had committed 4 turnovers to 0 to UNT in Denton in the first half, yet still led 27-10 or so at halftime. The game was played in early September on a mid-80s mid-to-late afternoon. The Mean Green have their sideline in the shade, whereas the Ball State side was in the sun. The line, which has been stellar for Ball State since then, including in wins at Virginia and against Toledo, just wore down that day and the turnovers eventually caught up to the Cards.

Make no mistake, however, this will be an all out war. Nadders have lost four straight in the series, but this is by far their best team since the 2008 unbeaten edition that beat Northern, and probably the best or second-best team (to the 2008 team) in school history. This is not me betting on my alma mater; this is me taking a number. THey have been undervaluing Lembo's boys all year, and I plan on making them pay once again.

ss - could be, but i don't see it as of now.

tru, that was Billy. As far as i know here, Billy is only on the OVER and that's not confirmed yet. If he plays a side in either #MACtion game, i will happily post in here when i get a minute. Very busy night again.

GL tonight an this week rexy, hopefully we can get a nice NIU 7 point win tonight an we both are happy. like always any info post up

dr. bob recently released a best bet on niu and says to take it up to -9.5, might be some of the reason for the line move

thanks, units. obviously he still has some heavy hitters at pinny because they went to 10 on a game i was virtually sure would never see 10. Makes sense now. I expect it to close in this range from 8 to 9 ish.

REX- I've followed your threads for ( ??? ) years, and usually with a little thought I can decode some of your creative nicknames.

"nadders" has me stumped. Enlighten Me ??
Thanks

REX- I've followed your threads for ( ??? ) years, and usually with a little thought I can decode some of your creative nicknames.

"nadders" has me stumped. Enlighten Me ??
Thanks

I'm guessing Ball = testicles = nads = nadders

MCG - Me neither. No bet, can't lay on the road with that pedestrian offense against a team that finds ways to win somehow.

taurus - "Ball" State.

no opinion tonight, made We Are Marshall 12 and Clempson 9.5. The Jellow Jackets are a big public and sharp dog. Go Clempson.

I love Clemson tonite, bad matchup for the bumble bees IMO. You gotta throw it to beat the tigs

what are your thoughts on West Viriginia...i'm about to pound them again but want to see what your thoughts are

best of luck this week!:cheers:

even without trickett i like them this week. They seem to be getting better, while the other team has got to be getting worn down by this schedule, with their youth and inexperience.

I would go out on them now but i am hoping billy leaves that one alone, because the CRIS guys like the dog and I want to lay 6 or better. Have a few more like that on my radar, but I will have to make some decisions within a couple of hours before Walters and his minions get involved.

Reno +7.5 small to medium. Just taking a price here on a game that will go down. Line should be closer to 4 even if Fajardo doesn't go

It will get there, and when it does, I'll have a bet on Illinois +34 (gulp). I made the game much cheaper and just have to count on Scheelhaase not to fuck it up too badly, and keep them somewhat competitive for most of the way, then pray they don't quit if Ohio State turns on the gas and tries to go for style points. Medium play even though number dictates bigger.

With you on Illini......Brutus has struggled in Champaign...think they can keep it within 4 scores.

What do you make South Carolina with the 3rd string honky QB making the start for UF?

Indiana +27 medium. This is IU's second best team this century, and the Wiskydicks are in a flat spot, coming off a very physical game with the Mormons. I have seen some of the wicked beatings previous IU teams have taken at the hands of this bunch, but I expect IU to score enough to cover this lofty impost. They mashed it up three times; it has to come back at some point.

I made Sakerlina 12 only but i would never have Florida here in a Spurrier revenge and i will beat Sakerlina at half even if they are mashing if the line is bad because there will be no let up.

Two weather-related totals for those who only care about right sides and not so much the number --- 354 Kansas UNDER and 370 Oklahoma UNDER would both be good bets, but I missed the number on each. Those games feature at least one team with an inept offense and stadiums where the wind will blow moreso than in the other midwest games where there will be wind (and in some cases, rain and storms).

part of me finishing up Indiana is at +24.5 +114. This game will either be close or real bad. I see nothing near the 27, but who knows. If I'm wrong, then saving some juice will be something I regret.

Thanks Utes...
353 West By God Virginia -6 medium. I said something about it i believe either in this thread or the service thread ayer or thursday. CRIS guys love dog, just had to wait it out. The QB is irrelevant here, WV is improving and Kansass is gassing out.

Have you ever heard of not allowing circled games to fill parlays? This one guy I use has this shit....

Have followed you for years, Rex, and always appreciate your insight. FYI, extremely windy conditions for ku/wvu today. I live in Lawrence and wind gusts are 40+ mph today. Should be low scoring, both teams will likely be forced to run the ball most of the day

hold your nose again, boys.

Maryland +14.5 -105 or better medium. Brown is back and the defense should do enough to keep the Turtles within 3 possessions throughout.

hold your nose again, boys.

Maryland +14.5 -105 or better medium. Brown is back and the defense should do enough to keep the Turtles within 3 possessions throughout.
True hold your noser, MD is so fucking bad I can hardly watch them anymore. GL

you put a good mush on VT there timbo, with your badmouthing of Edsall and the Tortoises. They played hard today. Deserved the result.

Have you ever heard of not allowing circled games to fill parlays? This one guy I use has this shit....

Yes, for sure. That's usually why locals circle games, no parlays and no teasers (sometimes it's due to weather, of course, but still no teasers or parlays). Locals look for any and every edge they can possibly get, nothing should ever surprise you Twink. I would like to think you've been in the game long enough to know this.

you put a good mush on VT there timbo, with your badmouthing of Edsall and the Tortoises. They played hard today. Deserved the result.
Rex it's no secret that I don't like Edsall, mostly because of his bad mouthing of Friedgen which I didn't appreciate and after he was already in the job. No call for that in my opinion, and a cheap shot. VT has the worst offensive coordinator (Stinespring) in the history of college football. MD did play very well on defense today and battled hard the entire game. I was thrilled they could win the game and agree they deserved it. Great call by you, as I never saw this coming and thought Foster's D would be more than good enough for VT to win the game. I should bad mouth them more often lol...wish I had last week when they lost to Syracuse and just played horrifically.

Last edited:
Yes, for sure. That's usually why locals circle games, no parlays and no teasers (sometimes it's due to weather, of course, but still no teasers or parlays). Locals look for any and every edge they can possibly get, nothing should ever surprise you Twink. I would like to think you've been in the game long enough to know this.
not a big parlay player, Ive never been restricted before

so thats why I dont know

Nice to see Nevada finish off a great Saturday. Hope to you see in the NFL forum today.

Back