Rexy's Week 1 Niffel...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Last year was by far my best ever in terms of winning money in the Niffel. Let's hope the numbers are equally strong this year.

I won the last game last year with Denver against Carolina, and will do so again tonight.

The Panthers went 15-1 last season and romped to two home playoff wins and the franchise’s second Super Bowl bid. The Broncos clinched the AFC’s top seed and had to fight off Pittsburgh and New England to earn the AFC crown. Ultimately, the Denver defense was dominant in the postseason and quarterback Peyton Manning finally figured out that the team could win if he was just not make mistakes.

Losing the Super Bowl is not easy. Cam Newton and the Panthers have had seven full months to brood over what went wrong on that fateful evening in early February. The hangover effect, however, is very real. In the last 16 years, the Super Bowl loser has only covered its Week 1 line in the subsequent season two times.

The Broncos also have reportedly been stewing over the lack of respect given to them by the linesmakers. To come off a Super Bowl win and be dogged at home to the same team you just beat is borderline insulting to the veteran stars of the team, especially on defense. The Denver defense made things miserable for Newton in the last meeting and very few things have changed for either team when Carolina will be on offense.

Josh Norman is generally regarded as a top cornerback in this league, but was allowed to leave in the offseason to Washington. This eliminates one of the basic edges that the Panthers could employ on defense last season, knowing Norman could stop whoever he was assigned to and allowing the other 10 guys to focus on the rest of the opposing offense. Newton will have games this year where he beats teams with his legs, but this will not be one of them.

Trevor Siemian will prove to be a capable quarterback in this league, and there's a reason why John Elway let Brock Osweiler walk to the Texans in the free agency period. He's content having a guy who knows he doesn't need to win games at quarterback. The defense is good enough, as proven last year, that he just can't LOSE them.

Prediction: Denver 23, Carolina 16.
The play: Broncos +140 for 1.6u and +3 (i got it even but would advocate all the way down to flat) for 1u more.

Sunday:

Cincinnati -2 (would lay up to 2.5) for 2.5u
Dallas PICK for 4u big big play

Nothing else for now; will try to do writeups on the two other plays Sunday morning if I get time.

:shake:

GL tonight and this season...

Siemian is no rookie. He was in the system and practiced all last year in this offense. It's much more tailor-made for him than the one 18 ran last year.

In the other game, I rate Dallas to be several points better than the Giants. I am much higher on Dallas team all over it seems than everyone else. I certainly can acknowledge the struggles that the Cowboys had without Romo in recent years. But Mississippi State couldn't even beat South Bama outright without Dak Prescott. He might be just a little bit better than the average Joe Rookie. We'll see. GL.

CKR..Thanks for your insights always respected. Was lucky and got den ml at +159 last night let's cash em!

CKR: As always thank you for all you do. You are a "key man" in this operation & I am one of many that are really thankful to you. Good luck to you all year.:shake:

Back