Rexy's First Round Nuba Playoffs...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Sup fellas, normally I sit on the sidelines rather than to try to invest on which group of wealthy athletes will bother to show up on a certain night. Pointspreads make the Nuba regular season an exercise in futility for me with the exception of only a handful of games each year. Playoff time is a bit different, and I am prolly a bit more sabermetrically minded than most here, so bear with me. If I have time for decent writeups, I'll try to explain why I like a certain side.

I am on the Raptors -3 today. Simply put, these guys are the Rodney Dangerfields of the league. Zero respect, despite having the best record in the East after trading away Rudy Playo. Toronto is the only Eastern Conference team that ranked in the top 10 in both offensive and defensive efficiency, and they were the best 4th quarter team in the league, outscoring opponents by 12 points per 100 possessions. The Nets rarely slowed Toronto in four regular season meetings this season. The Raptors play a big lineup that should enable them to maul the smallish Nets on the glass.

Meanwhile, New Jersey had the point differential of a 38-win team. No team had a greater discrepancy between their actual win total (44) and their “expected” wins, based on point differential. You can keep your experience. Give me the superior team. With NJ tanking their way into this matchup, expect a focused and red-assed effort from Toronto today to send a message. This will be a short series, five games perhaps, with Toronto rolling.

The play: Raps -3 medium. I also have series Toronto +130 and better for big licks.

Nothing else for me today or tomorrow. More stuff will open up as I am able to watch some of these games, the way the teams match up, and how the market evolves after the weekend, with both games and series.

Good luck!

:shake:

Health today. Do your metrics include the last 10 or so games where the Nets didn't try? I think calling the Raptors the "superior" team is a bit extreme.

Raptors only higher seeded team to be lined as a dog for the series.

0-1 so far.

Back to the well. Pacers should respond after a lackluster effort in Game 3. The price is right at the 2 level. Atlanta is not going to consistently win games shooting 35 threes. Pacers should be better on the glass today and take back the home court edge.

The play: Indy -2 medium.

Back