• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Rexy's 2016-17 EPL, UEFA and International plays...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Sup fellas. Ended up losing my last six this summer to take a 50-plus unit profit and turn it into something that finished 128-125-12 and +22.34 for the last 366 days or so.

Still a great season, but not what it was. And I've had an awful summer on both sides of the counter. Big loser.

Let's hope it turns around starting Saturday.

The league champions made me a bunch of money last season and they're starting this one with a giveaway. Losing Kante will hurt sometimes, but this won't be a spot where it matters. Hull's coach resigned in disgust already and they really haven't brought much new blood into town. It's reasonable to expect that they'll be making a nine-month cameo before going right back to the Championship in 2017-18. Leicester once again offers tons of value even on the road.

The play: Leicester +110 (the play is good for the same all the way to -105 which is currently available) for 2u.

How bad must they think Swansea is if they are a significant dog to Burnley? Hull is cheap but Burnley is the most frugal team in the Premiership. I can't see how anyone can make a case for them, like Hull, to avoid relegation again from what I see on paper. Pass.

Not sure what to expect at the Hawthorns with yet another Chinese owner taking control of the west Midlands team but Pulis will stay in charge. Crystal Palace still has Bolasie - for now - but not sure if he will play here. Nothing for me.

Tottenham got off to a slow start last season (and had a slow finish) but in the middle 30 games they were the best team in the league by some margin. Most of their studs stuck around, but travelling to Mercyside to fade Everton in the opener of the Ronald Koeman era is probably not an ideal starting spot. Line looks about right, would lean Everton on the handicap gun to head but DRAW might be worth a look. Will check the lineups for this one, the game to watch at 10 tomorrow.

Man City swapped coaches and added some new faces. It remains to be seen on how they deal with the top tier teams (last year they won just once over a top-8 side and recorded no victories over any of the other top 5 sides) but they beat up on the bad teams, and Sunderland certainly qualifies as that. Line at 1.75 looks about right.

Middlesbrough is the one promoted team that I can see staying up, and they entertain Stoke at the Riverside in what should be a raucous atmosphere, with Aitor Karanka becoming the first non-British coach in club history and guiding Boro back to the EPL for the first time in seven seasons. They've done it with defense, but Stoke has enough attacking options (finishing ninth three straight seasons) that 2.15 ish total seems a bit low here. I can easily see each side scoring. Pass for now.

Soton has climbed in the table for six straight seasons, no easy feat in the rugged waters of the Premiership. Now, the Saints have been losing players and coaches during the summer - Koeman left for Everton despite Soton thrashing the Toffees in the table in 2015-16. They'll compete in the UEFA Cup this fall as well. Saints seem to have a decent structure on defense but question marks at goaltender. I'll have to see how new coach Puel fits in for Soton, and Watford brings in a new coach as well.
Mazzarri likes to run a 3-5-2 with Watford and that will be interesting in its own right. I'll sit this one out.

Back in the AM to add whatever and to go over the rest of the Matchday 1 card. GL this season!

:shake:

:cheers3:

Leicester really missed Huth in that opener. Their backline was repeatedly vandalized by a Hull XI that really played well and hard. That team - those 11 - would not be relegated if they could play every minute of every game. There are good players in that side, though the lack of depth will really hurt with all the long-term injuries. As like last year, Leicester seems uncomfortable when being forced to have the ball. Lucky for them, the top eight or so will certainly control it and all the dangerous counter-attack to pip them. I'm by no means discouraged, though the bet was probably not a great one.

One play today after taking the rest of the weekend off to watch. I'll have the Hammers +1 +108 for 2u.

The Conte era starts for the Chelsea, and this man has certainly made an argument to be in the discussion for coach of the year with his work in Italy at Juve and for the Azzurri this summer. Slavan Bilic's West Ham side is the more exciting of the two on paper, however. They finished seventh last season so already have two UEFA Cup matches in pocket while the Blues are the last of the Premier League sides to open the regular season tonight. Last season in this spot the Hammers played to a 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge and recorded several solid wins both at Upton Park and on the road against top sides. Kante in for Cesc for Chelsea, so despite all this talk of change for them, each of the other 10 starters also debuted to open the disappointing 2015-16 season. Ayew slots in to aid the West Ham attack, while my concern is Michail Antonio at right back, who could be picked on by Eden Hazard, who was awful last season. Where's Sam Byram? Antonio played the last 10 games there last season and the Hammers conceded 20 goals. Not ideal. Still, this has the makings of a draw and don't be surprised if the Hammers pull the shock.

GL!

:shake:

0-1-1 and -2 for the season after taking off week 2.

Just buried under an avalanche of work. Finally about done with my college football numbers, need 5-6 more hours today and will come up with charts later. Still have to look at the fight card later and not done with baseball yet, either. Yikes. No time for writeups for this one.

Crystal Palace/Bournemouth DRAW +235 for 1.5u
Leicester City -142 for 1.7u
Watford +0.75 +114 for 1.5u

Sorry for not posting before they started, i thought i hit send, but did not. For record keeping, they are all right here. As of now, it's a 1-2 day and Watford with no shot.

Took a break the rest of the international break, just too much other shit going on, so see if I can get back on the horse today...

Derby time. Man City/ManU DRAW +215 for 1.2u

Back in a bit for the rest...

Bournemouth/West Brom DRAW +225 for 1.5u
Southampton +1 -122 for 1u and DRAW +315 for 1u
Middlesbrough +146 for 1.5u
West Ham -110 for 1u

It's really not even worth posting pre-game plays in here anymore, as I am doing so much live trading at pinnacle and matchbook that my positions change greatly from game to game. With the exception of Tottenham not equalizing (i built up 4k positions on both draw and Tottenham on the 3 way at the expense of losing 6500 on Monaco outright), I've done pretty well doing things that way this year.

Will try to post observations and plays but unit sizes will be left out because there's no need for record-keeping that doesn't equate to what I am really up or down.

Tonight in London I think there will be lots of goals shipped. Liverpool has shown it can score in bunches already this season, yet they still haven't solved their issues at left back and i can see the Blues marauding their way in as well. Also lean dog on the handicap.

GL!

Back