Rest of the Tennis Season

GatorsLeafsBills

Pretty much a regular
Next week starts some great tennis. I've been staying away since the US Open. Got a play tomorrow:

Jarkko Nieminen +420 & +1.5 Sets (+145)

I really like the way Nieminen is playing. Great Indoor Hard player. THink he gives Nishikori some trouble tomorrow

BTW Next weeks tournies are:

Beijing - Djokovic/Nadal/Berdych/Dimitrov/Gulbis/Gasquet/Isner/Fognini
Tokyo - Wawrinka/Ferrer/Raonic/Tsonga/Nishikori

Beijing Womens - Will have all the top players.

Then we go right into the next week of an ATP 1000.

I got some $ on Bouchard tonight...small at +170 or +176 cant quite remember. Might add more if she drops the 1st set.

Probably add the shark Niemenin and tail your bet -- Also looking at Stakhovsky in the Orleans (indoor) tournament.

Lets try and make some $ here before NCAA basketball gets going

ATP
Jarkko Nieminen -245
Raonic/Tomic Over 22 Games (-125)
Isner/Giraldo Over 23.5 (-120)
Tommy Robredo -160
Rafael Nadal -1.5 Sets (-150)

Can't believe Nieminen. Has owned Becker in the past and is coming off a great tourney. Gets broken and then breaks back in the 1st set while Becker serving for the set to make it 5-5. Just to get broken the next fucking game. That was the end of the match. Just unreal

Robredo huh? I'll have to look at that one. I grabbed Diyas vs. Kerber. She played Kerber tough last time out so good value there. Also took Panetta big and Feliciano Lopez over Berdych.

Nishi at +150 on my book (pinny), I'm tailing anyways. Soft draw for Nishi....Raonic probably loses to Melzer today. Nishikoriman could be -600 in the final...leggo

Yea the draw is SUPER weak. Wawrinka/Ferrer/Tsonga losing in the 1st Round. Would be shocked if it wasn't Nishikori/Raonic in the finals. Rematch of the US Open. They've played some great matchups. If it's Milos, you can buy off in the finals. If anybody else, Nishi will be -400 or more

Yea the draw is SUPER weak. Wawrinka/Ferrer/Tsonga losing in the 1st Round. Would be shocked if it wasn't Nishikori/Raonic in the finals. Rematch of the US Open. They've played some great matchups. If it's Milos, you can buy off in the finals. If anybody else, Nishi will be -400 or more

Three players Milos will never get more than five wins combined against are Djokovic, Federer and Nishikori imo.

If Milos ever plays either of them I'll be betting the other side. They just seem to get into his server really well, and we all know what happens when players can return Milos serve.

I think this Gojowyckz guy might be worth a stab against Nadal coming up....He beat Raonic for me earlier this year on Grass. Has a good serve, I think he might be able to get the 1st set or the match at pretty nice odds (+1000ish)

Gotta play Muller here...

If you watched last night this Gilles Simon guy gave it everything he had to beat Bautista-Agut...not sure if he has much in the tank <24 hours later.

Gilles Muller ML(+171) $25 to win $42.75

Gilles Muller 1st set ML (+145) $20 to win $29

Also gotta love Nishikoriman with the straight sets win, nice a quick, get this fucking Simon guy on the court ASAP! LEGGO MULLER

Good for her, good for Canadian tennis, good for us bettors.

Djokovic is a sneaky bastard...saves 6 BP's in his 2nd service game against Dmitrov...then breaks dmitrov and holds to take what could of been down 1-2 to 4-1...greasy joker

Fading Nadal the rest of the year

Barry Flatman @Barry_FlatmanST ·
Look of utter amazement on Nadal face on hearing what Uncle Toni said in Spanish interview with Planeta Tenis.....

Barry Flatman @Barry_FlatmanST
Apparently Toni said he's not sure if he will coach Rafa to end his career. He said he's tired of travelling & wants his life back.....

Rafa response : "I talked to him yesterday & he seemed to be still my coach." Uncle Toni not in Beijing by the way

Barry Flatman @Barry_FlatmanST ·
More Rafa: I'm not 20 years old. I am 28 and a half already. I need to take care about things....

Barry Flatman‏@Barry_FlatmanST
Rafa cntd: The most important thing is for me to be competitive as long as possible

Barry Flatman‏@Barry_FlatmanST
More Rafa: I don't know if I am very positive about this last part of the season. For me it will be tough to find the right feelings...

But I'm going to fight for it. I'm going to work hard with the right attitude (or actitude as he calls it!) All not well in Team Rafa

TENNIS.com ‏@Tennis
Classic Rafa presser face. MT @TennisNewsTPN: Nadal on coming back from injury: "Mentally is tough...

whats Raonic's situation with the Finals? Sitting tight on 8 right now.
If he finishes ahead of Cilic in the Master is he in?

Cilic lost today. It helps him but nothing will be locked up. Not 100% official but Kei basically locked up a spot last week. If Milos would have won, it'd have been a huge step for him. Milos needs AT LEAST a quarterfinals appearence this week which is beating Monaco & Gulbis. THen maybe upsetting Nadal. Here are the current rankings. Cilic only got 10 points this week

[TABLE="class: bioTableAlt, width: 461"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: oddRow"]
[TD="class: first"]6 Cilic, Marin (CRO)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]3,980[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]-1[/TD]
[TD="class: last, align: center"]21[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: first"]7 Berdych, Tomas (CZE)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]3,765[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1[/TD]
[TD="class: last, align: center"]19[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddRow"]
[TD="class: first"]8 Raonic, Milos (CAN)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]3,740[/TD]
[TD="class: last, align: center"]16[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: first"]9 Murray, Andy (GBR)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]3,565[/TD]
[TD="class: last, align: center"]17[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddRow"]
[TD="class: first"]10 Ferrer, David (ESP)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]3,535[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]-3[/TD]
[TD="class: last, align: center"]21[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: first"]11 Dimitrov, Grigor (BUL)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]3,405[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]0[/TD]
[TD="class: last, align: center"]17[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Raonic draw in Shanghai is nice....will be hitting his futures tomorrow when the line goes up. Djokovic and Federer on the other side....courts look like they are playing pretty fast imo, and Raonic played a good game against Nishikori he just came up a little short at the end.

That top half of the draw is rough...Djokovic, Murray, Federer, Nishikori.....

Bottom half...Berdych, Raonic, Wawrinka, Nadal....

Raonic was +2300 earlier today...possible hedge material although Fed might be -600 against him lol

--

This chinese wildcard Wang is up about to beat Fognini in straight sets...I put $5 on him live at +800 to win the 1st set, he did so in a TB. Fognini just so loose, guy just collects his $14,500 and hits the players party. Should of hit Wang (ranked 554?) to win the match for $100.

Wang might run win that bottom half of the draw for crying out loud

weird tournament...raonic smh...

fed vs. djokovic tonight, in what should be the final of the tournament....fed +240? hard to not bet that lol

Yes fed has played great since his scare against mayer and especially well vs djoko attacking relentlessly. I haven't watched simon this week but it looks like he's playing very good. Expecting Roger to win but we could have very close sets as I remember some hard-fought matches between fed and simon, but tough to predict this one... no play I will just watch this final but I lean Simon +4/+4.5

cashed out nicely to close that week...got some $ on Zverev (+130) or so, cant quite remember,but its against Brands on an indoor court in Vienna...

Brands aint played much indoor to my knowledge, whereas Zverev has been on indoor hard, losing in a match to Goffin (whos a beast on the challenger circuit this year), and Dudi Sela (i respect sela a bit), so I figure Zverev in better form atm. 10 years in age difference here with Zverev being 17 years old, never know what your going to get from a teenager.

Zverev didn't cash....typical!

haha

anyways, put $20 on Niemenin to win the Stockholm open... (+3000 and change). Hoping to ride it out if Dmitrov loses I think Niemenin gets to the final. This is Jarkko's favorite tournament, and he is a 'home town' favorite of the crowd...He's in good form despite withdrawing from a match in Tokyo where he complained of the humidity effecting his game. It's his 15th time playing in Stockholm....lets gooooooooooooooo

In other words, F*** you Kevin Anderson
:popcorn:

Did you put "home town" because Jarkko is from Finland? :-P

I did!

Jarkko has many fans from Sweden and many Fins make the trip for this tournament...he usually performs well at this tournament and we should get a +money price on him vs. Kevin Anderson.

P-Unit

thank you for your feedback.

We will be adding some extra info (player search, match stats, surface record, bet ratings etc) to the new website in the next few days.

In the meantime, you can see the old version of the site here:
orig.matchstat.com

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

The Matchstat Team

Sorry guys I've been so busy the past the couple weeks and the next coming months. I won't be making many plays just because of time. Thinking of shutting it down until week 1 but I doubt it haha

yep, got this email today
Hello,

thank you for your feedback.

We will be adding some extra info (player search, match stats, surface record, bet ratings etc) to the new website in the next few days.

In the meantime, you can see the old version of the site here:
orig.matchstat.com

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

The Matchstat Team

Back