Replacing Dak

ljc_267

Mister NSFW
I'm sure we have a few who are in this spot.

My options are for season long:

Dalton
Fitz
Tannehill
Herbert

Next week only based on matchup
Cousins

Thoughts

I think Dalton has the highest ceiling because of the bevy of weapons at his disposal. We already saw him connect with Gallup like Dak never did this season. None of those other quarterbacks have nearly the weapons that Dalton does. Are they so much better that they‘re worth it despite the lack of support? Plus Dalton will be passing a lot because Dallas‘ defense is so poor. He‘s also experienced.

You go Dalton because that fucking defense sucks and Dalton is going to have to throw no matter what...not even a question I don't think. QBs for fantasy with garbage defenses will always give you numbers. Cows defense is all-time bad. Red Rifle has to be the play.

yeah, probably agree on Dalton, but you get very little on the ground for him, so low ceiling but a stable floor . Herbert is an interesting one

I think if you had Dak you have to basically be open to the idea that you are going have to look to stream on a week to week basis, sucks

im assuming Minshew is not available ?

You may want to look to trade for him, as he may be a backup for someone in your league and you may be able to get him relatively cheap

Last edited:
I've been streaming QB in my 12 team league, had Teddy this week. Fitz, Cousins, Dalton, Baker and Goff all sitting out there. I think there's only about six QBs that are matchup proof: Russell, Lamar, Rodgers, Murray, Allen and Mahomes. Unless you can trade for one of those then there should always be a stream option that can perform as well as the next level guys (Deshaun, Cam, Brady, Ben, Stafford, etc.).

I think Dalton has the highest ceiling because of the bevy of weapons at his disposal. We already saw him connect with Gallup like Dak never did this season. None of those other quarterbacks have nearly the weapons that Dalton does. Are they so much better that they‘re worth it despite the lack of support? Plus Dalton will be passing a lot because Dallas‘ defense is so poor. He‘s also experienced.
Hard to disagree

I‘m in the same boat. I already have Stache as a backup so my plan is to play him vs Leos. Herbert has a golden matchup the week after with Jax secondary. Thats my current weekly plan. Mulling over just getting and sticking with Dalton.

I've been streaming QB in my 12 team league, had Teddy this week. Fitz, Cousins, Dalton, Baker and Goff all sitting out there. I think there's only about six QBs that are matchup proof: Russell, Lamar, Rodgers, Murray, Allen and Mahomes. Unless you can trade for one of those then there should always be a stream option that can perform as well as the next level guys (Deshaun, Cam, Brady, Ben, Stafford, etc.).

I have Brady, and I picked up Minshew after week 2 and have started him for 3 straight weeks. Of course Brady had 2 great games in week 3 and 4( and Minshew had an absolute dud vs Dolphins), but I feel like Minshew long term is the better fantasy QB

I have Brady, and I picked up Minshew after week 2 and have started him for 3 straight weeks. Of course Brady had 2 great games in week 3 and 4( and Minshew had an absolute dud vs Dolphins), but I feel like Minshew long term is the better fantasy QB
Problem with Minshew and Brady are can their receivers stay healthy? Minshew without Chark seems to struggle. Thought Brady without Godwin would struggle but he kicked ass vs Chargers, but then struggled against the Bears. Fitz is playing well because Parker, Williams and Gesicki are all at 100%. For me, I'm looking at opponent D and the number of healthy prime targets. That's why I went with Teddy this week, but I'll be off him next week.

Back