Reno Week #5

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
30-31-1 (7.98 units)

I didn't do a good job of posting everything last week but I didn't have much time...

Lions bet was won in a much different fashion than I expected... with that being said they led throughout and that is all you can ask for...

The Lamb prop was won pretty easily. Now, luckily he hit early on the big play because they spent the next two quarters hardly touching the ball on offense.

Najee prop was brutal. That early deficit all but killed it. The funny part is I wanted to double-dip with Cordarrelle but didn't think that was prudent.

Running back props are off the board for me. They have been way to hard for me to win. We have star RBs touching the ball under 10 times. We have a guy with 8 touches in the first 12 minutes then go about two quarters with exactly one rush. No reason for overs on starting RBs anymore. Situational backups plus under, perhaps.

The Arizona game was one I had pegged with a lot of points. I started with the Zona TT and that looked good after an early score. That was it though. At halftime, I unloaded on 2nd half over 23.5 and 24. Honestly, top-unit plus here. That took away the pain of the initial play.

Nighttime I said I liked Baltimore and the over. So, you know I juiced out there. Oh well

Overall, it was a really solid personal week (albeit not as good on posted). The bottom line is that I am happy ;).

Some really quick thoughts and plays will come as the week goes...

Our first 9;30 am game. I lean toward Minnesota right off the bat but the neutral games are not my favorites, to be honest.

Big game in Cincy. The Bengals need another win here to start getting some steam into this race. Ravens off a near-perfect game -- lean Bengals but need to cap this secondary a bit more.

This game will tell us a lot about the Bills. They need a win here to solidify themselves as a top-tier team. Houston has played below what many thought (their inflated RSW and odds heading in to the season). On the flip, Houston could use a quality win. Good game coming here.

Miami is awful. Of course, we get them vs the Patriots. This is a New England bet or sit it out.

I feel like Washington could have a letdown game. I am not betting on that though. Foolish. Fun team, I'm not sure how that defense only allowed that many points but that was Cardinals issues?

The Rams are quite injured still, but this is an absolute must-win to stay in this. Green Bay also needs to bounce back after that brutal 1h vs the Vikings. Another game where the teams both need a win.

Seahawks off a short week face a Giant team that is only interesting to watch due to Nabers. Now, will he play? I am hoping for a slow Seattle start and then be able to grab them at halftime or live. That could be ATS or TT.

My big question with the Chiefs as they lose their best receiver -- is this truly Kelce time? They didn't need him till playoff time last year and he exploded. Sunday, same idea and he had a really good game. Anomaly or not?

Couple of lookahead lines for next week...

San Fran @ Seattle on TNF -- Niners -3.5 and 48

Washington @ Baltimore Sunday -- Ravens 7 and 50

Detroit @ Dallas on Sunday -- Lions -3 and 52

Cincy @ NY Giants on SNF -- Bengals -5 and 46.5

Buffalo @ NY Jets on MNF -- Bills -1.5 and 44

Back with plays...

Godwin o69.5 rec -120
Bucky longest run o13.5 -125

Yes, I said no more RB props but I like this one.

Detroit game his longest was 6 -- good run defense there
Other three games he's amassed 31,32 and 15

I think you'll see him slowly creep into low teens for average carries as well.

Regarding Cardinals, KJ made the point that Kyler just struggles without McBride.

Let‘s go BAR! I hope you do to your book what Detroit did to Seattle :D

Godwin o69.5 rec -120
Bucky longest run o13.5 -125

Yes, I said no more RB props but I like this one.

Detroit game his longest was 6 -- good run defense there
Other three games he's amassed 31,32 and 15

I think you'll see him slowly creep into low teens for average carries as well.
Bucky!

1st carry is a winner.

Bucky!

1st carry is a winner.
Nice!

I don't even have a clue who that is

#ThanksFantasyBrainFry

Much respect to those who know these players by name anymore. As a Cards fan I really only know the names of the top 10 draft picks these days

Nice!

I don't even have a clue who that is

#ThanksFantasyBrainFry

Much respect to those who know these players by name anymore. As a Cards fan I really only know the names of the top 10 draft picks these days
Oregon, Bucky Irving.

C'mon.

Oregon, Bucky Irving.

C'mon.
I remember but I binge and purge

Didn't even know he was in the NFL lol

It's why I quit fantasy a few years ago even though I was great at it. Info overload.

Go Bijan! I like the BYU dude too

No play but I do lean TB 2h TT at 10.5

Juice is simply too much right now.

I could do the 11.5 at -115 but I think I'll be happy to have a chance at 2-0

Falcons will just keep throwing -- clock stops more -- more possessions

Tampa getting some pressure -- 50+ Kirk pass attempts shall lead to a short field soon as well.

No play, but definitely a lean.

I do lean over in the 9:30 game but will watch for a bit first and maybe enter live market...

Only one play for now -- see how the day goes...

Cincinnati tt o23.5 -110 2 units

I said no more RB props for the starters. Breece likely hits this deflated number today but I'll stick to the mantra and take the BETTER running threat...

GB and SF both ran fine vs this team. The true blowout games you have to take rushing stats with a grain of salt...

Braelon Allen o30.5 rush yards -115 2 units

I do lean over in the 9:30 game but will watch for a bit first and maybe enter live market...

Only one play for now -- see how the day goes...

Cincinnati tt o23.5 -110 2 units
I want to reiterate how big this game is.

This can really kick start a run for the Bengals. The next time they face the Ravens is November 7th. They should win all their games in-between.

I want to reiterate how big this game is.

This can really kick start a run for the Bengals. The next time they face the Ravens is November 7th. They should win all their games in-between.
Their defense might be the worst in the NFL. Maybe I'm completely wrong about that team, I certainly have no rooting interest one way or the other but I have no clue what you see in them. Burrow is either hurt or just not as good as everyone made him out to be. Chase is disgruntled. Last I checked Brown still owns the team which makes me comfortable saying the Birdwill isn't the worst owner in the league.

Their defense might be the worst in the NFL. Maybe I'm completely wrong about that team, I certainly have no rooting interest one way or the other but I have no clue what you see in them. Burrow is either hurt or just not as good as everyone made him out to be. Chase is disgruntled. Last I checked Brown still owns the team which makes me comfortable saying the Birdwill isn't the worst owner in the league.
The outing vs Washington definitely sees the mind and numbers.

Injuries in secondary make one pause.

The defense was solid the first few weeks.

Last week, I'd say was average at best.

The point here is the schedule through October is pretty easy. They can kickstart that today vs a division opponent.

I didn't say they would win today-- simply have their TT. The offense has been fantastic the last two weeks with health becoming the norm.

The outing vs Washington definitely sees the mind and numbers.

Injuries in secondary make one pause.

The defense was solid the first few weeks.

Last week, I'd say was average at best.

The point here is the schedule through October is pretty easy. They can kickstart that today vs a division opponent.

I didn't say they would win today-- simply have their TT. The offense has been fantastic the last two weeks with health becoming the norm.
Oh I'm not much for today's game as big a fan of Baltimore as I am

I just don't think the offense is great or even good. The defense is terrible.

Oh I'm not much for today's game as big a fan of Baltimore as I am

I just don't think the offense is great or even good. The defense is terrible.
Probably need to peak back the last few games. The offense has been phenomenal. Two good RBS, the WRs are starting to cook and finally some TE production.

With props -- have to account for a deficit.

Jets never gave the run a chance today unfortunately. Even before this was a blowout.

They have a serious time of possession issue unless playing bad teams.

We're onto Cincinnati!

*No reverse jinx -- I can't see Allen receiving more than 2 carries the rest of the game.

Like the game over in Cincy, so team total works as well.
Nice call.

Definitely proud of that call. I wanted to and should have went top unit plus.

Tonight ..

Kelce o5.5 reception -143 1.25 units
Olave o59.5 yards rec -120 1.25 units

Yes, I think this is a lower scoring game -- that contradicts overs --

But, Kelce numbers are low due to the first few weeks. This is a discount. X isn't a guy to be a high volume receiver. I can see several 3-6 yard catches tonight for Mr Swift.

Saints will have to throw -- I capped this number 5-8 yards higher.

Back