Reggie Ball Out for Gator Bowl--Line Has Shot to 10

trainwreck42

Pretty much a regular
After getting constantly moosed by this idiot. I am happy to announce that Reggie Ball is academically ineligible for the Gator Bowl. I've been counting down the days that I wouldn't never have to watch this assclown play QB anymore and I'm not even a Georgia Tech fan. Calvin Johnson has got to be doing backflips right now. Don't let the door hit you in the ass Reggie. Here's the story from ESPN.com

ATLANTA -- Reggie Ball, who has taken nearly every snap at quarterback for Georgia Tech this season, has been ruled academically ineligible for the Gator Bowl.
Cornerback Kenny Scott is also academically ineligible, the school said Wednesday.
"You're disappointed for the young men and you're disappointed for the team," coach Chan Gailey said. "Although this is a very, very bad ending to the careers of these two young men, we can't forget the contributions they have made to the Georgia Tech program the last four years."
Ball, a senior, passed for 1,820 yards this season while starting every game. He threw for 20 touchdowns and was intercepted 14 times, but was criticized for inconsistency, especially after Tech's offense sputtered in a regular season-ending loss to Georgia and a loss to Wake Forest in the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game.
Scott was a three-year starter. This season he had 50 tackles, two interceptions and 10 pass breakups.
Georgia Tech plays West Virginia in the Gator Bowl on Jan. 1.

How do you get 2 starters ruled academically ineligible at the end of the season?

How and who is the backup QB?

HUNTDOG said:
Is the backup any good?

Depends how you look at it. The starter wasn't any good so that must mean the backup is shit. Or it could be a major improvement. Maybe Reggie Ball had pictures of Chan Gailey in bed with a naked 10 year old boy, and black mailed him to start. But in all honestly the backup is Taylor Bennett. I know he started last year vs UConn and won the game 25-10(I think) covering a -13 spread when UConn was undefeated and had a over ranked 1# defense in the nation. I actually won money on that game. So he has some experience, so there might be some value in Ga Tech if they can stop WV run game which is possible with their defense.

I know a little about this team. Sorry for posting earlier. The backup is more of a pocket passer. Hell Huntdog is a better passer. He got a start against uconn i think last year and looked alright. They won but it wasnt an offensive explosion. I dont think this helps techs offense.. it just means there wont be as many turnovers

well we know WVU's pass D is shiteous...so maybe he is better than Ball. Scott is a very big loss though.

RJ we one year had like 8 ineligble. The guys just quit goin to class.. they know they arent gonna graduate, and they either are goin to the nfl or just dont give a shit, so they basically drop out of school once the final game takes place

rjurewitz said:
How do you get 2 starters ruled academically ineligible at the end of the season?

How and who is the backup QB?

I seriously wouldn't doubt Ball was suffering from depression after the last 2 weeks of the season he had, and just said the hell with school. He's got down as one of the biggest goat in school history. As for the other guy I'm not sure, I think he might have been suspended at the early part of this season or last season.

Ball doesnt get down.. I mean he is always so positve in the media. And his teammates love him. The only people that hate him are the alums and the people bettin on tech.

If you have ever heard the guy talk, its pretty obvious he wasnt the sharpest crayon in the box

Reggie Ball out for bowl game.....

News just broke and the line is now at -10.

Funny thing is that I think the line should have gone the other way with this news - most feel Ball is the only reason NOT to bet on GT.

:cheers:

haha 3rd thread on this.. if u have a bet in on wvu early id be pissed

abcs said:
Ball doesnt get down.. I mean he is always so positve in the media. And his teammates love him. The only people that hate him are the alums and the people bettin on tech.

If you have ever heard the guy talk, its pretty obvious he wasnt the sharpest crayon in the box

I'm sure he was, but after 4 years of getting shit, but everyone has a breaking point. Just a thought you may be right

This is the one team where if you lose the starting QB the line should GO DOWN.

The backup barely has played.

I say cancel the game.

What a sad way for ball to end his career. We at uga have already petitioned the ncaa to allow reg to come back for 1 more season

n4914924_34208361_1216.jpg

I actually feel sorry for him too. He might be a decent defensive back or running back in the NFL. He was a starter from day one at QB when he stepped on campuse. But a majority of the blame with him has got go on Chan Gailey, what a moron plus a piss poor recruiter, its hard to believe he couldn't get one blue chip QB in there with his NFL back ground. God why do I know so much about Georgia Tech? This is sad.

Reggie Ball will be working at NTB or Discount Tire in a few weeks...thats what he gets for takin my money this year. what a horrible and stupid QB.

Back