Refs

chips t

Pretty much a regular
They are whistling every love tap slash this year. Overs are gonna hit like crazy. I bet scoring increases by like 30 percent this year. How long will it take for books to catch up?

This is normal though, they call it tight at the beginning of the season and then lets it go as the season goes.

This is normal though, they call it tight at the beginning of the season and then lets it go as the season goes.

This!

This has always happened in the NHL, they set the tone early so the players and coaches know and by the time you get to playoffs it's a good flow to the game. Generally thought they were the more consistent bunch when it comes to officials in pro sports.

This is not your typical beginning of year type of calls. They are whistling every baby slash. It's really crazy. I'm sure it will tone down some but they probably will still call it like this for at least a month

This is not your typical beginning of year type of calls. They are whistling every baby slash. It's really crazy. I'm sure it will tone down some but they probably will still call it like this for at least a month

would disagree, don't see any difference but I could be viewership bias but watched all three games last night didn't see anything out of the norm for me.

As someone who officiates at the high school and collegiate level and been involved in the NHL Combine of Officiating a few comments on this.

Sure there are a lot of penalties this year as there is every year. The officials call it tight early on, and try and set the standard. Plus what isn't being discussed is how the players adjust to what is being called and what isn't. Whether or not the refs keep a tight standard of play doesn't matter as I can assure you the players will adjust and penalties will not be going up an insane amount this year. Also I am not a believer that more special teams necessarily leads to more goals as crazy as that sounds. It severely limits flow and also effects the game management as well as your big studs being able to roll 5-5.

It's not about the number of penalties it's that teams won't be able to play the same level of defense. So far the overs are 5-0-1 so today. This trend will continue for at least a little while. They call interference like crazy. This is vastly extreme compared to other years early in the season.

Refs are calling every time there is a slash to the hands so far. I think this will loosen up a bit, but still. They called a visor infraction on Toronto ffs.
That being said, Washington scored 5 goals with just 1 pp opportunity.
Blackhawks scored 10 with zero pp goals
Ducks scored 5 goals with zero pp goals
There were 10 power plays in the Kings/Flyers game, and they scored 2 goals total

I do see overs lines already being shaded, so I wouldn't get too carried away blindly betting overs.

After going 6-1-1 yesterday I'll ride it out. Once the way the game gets called changes significantly or over numbers move significantly then I'll stop. Or if I go in the red which i don't see happening.

64-42 if my records are correct. Not sure exactly how many units up haven’t tracked juice each prob if I estimated it’s higher than 110 on average. Prob 115ish. As long as I see 9 goal games popping up I’m gonna keep rolling with it. Scoring is up 10% from last year. That was a figure I checked few days ago so there may slight change. But this has gone swimmingly for me so far.

Back