Red Sox '18

BJPLAYER

Pretty much a regular
0-1-2

Another push yesterday as the Sox bats remain silent. Couple of young guys take the mound today. Faria for the Rays has pitched 9 innings vs the Sox in his brief carreer and has a 1.00 era over two outings. Faria was 5-4 3.43 in his rookie campaign last year. Velazquez for the Sox is a youngster with very limited experience last year going 3-1 1.92 in 8 outings. He finished the spring with 4 shutout innings against the cubbies but they are a free swinging bunch these days so I'm not putting much stock in that. Both teams are slow to get going offensively with the Sox scoring 4/1/3 and the rays scoring 6/0/2 and the 6 coming in one inning. Tough to pick a side here but I think the under 8.5 is worth a look with both teams struggling offensively.

now 3-1-2 on the year...played the runline in each of the miami games (unposted)

On to Boston for the season opener on Thursday, Brrr....Sox 5-1 on the season, have struggled offensively, JD does not look good at the plate, may be pressing....Benintendi looks equally as bad,put on 15-20 pounds of muscle in the offseason, don't like to see that in a young guy, gets to liking those mirror muscles and fucks up their swing, Boegarts, Hanley and Mookie all hitting....went to the game in Miami last night, got lucky with the runline and almost lost but Boegarts threw out the winning run at the plate in the 9th. Sale look shaky, velocity was down and he looked like he was favoring his arm, I would caution playing him next time out. Price vs Andriese Thursday,

Far as JD goes think you spot on, he be fine just pressing at moment. See that a lot when big name moves to another team and is expected to be the "missing piece".

Agree 2DB....Price vs some guy I have not heard of today. Coldest opening day in 11 years today, low 40's, they will still fill the place with about 36,000 fans. Price heavy fav and for good reason, good ml parlay option for sure, RL -30 so kind of pricey but I think I will take a stab at it. I also think the Rays under 3 or 3.5 is worth a look. bats will start to heat up sometime for the sox but the weather will inhibit ball flight today. Good Luck

Wind blowing out hard isn't it? I loaded up on Sox in dfs today, like the over but little gun shy as I been known to whiff bad doing this with dfs lineups! lol. Absolutely think this a perfect get right for the offense today, that wind, tampons "bullpen day" assine experience (prob not that terrible in short term but feels very old Rockies ish in sense will wear pen out). Wish it was a little warmer my only concern.

5-2-2 on the year as run line has hit as well as rays tt under on Thursday

Sox bats woke up a little yesterday but bogeys slam hides the fact only 9 hits....benintendi and bradley jr still haven't gotten it going...porcello was strong after his typical slow start, 2 ER in the first, he's a good first inning score prop guy, sox pitchers have been very ggod so far against the AAA lineups, bullpen has been stellar and theis new guy walen has been very impresssive, goes right after hitters, nice addition to an already strong pen....eduardo goes today and the enigma that is eduardo goes on, will he ever pitch to the potential that we believe he has? he is 25 and coming off 2 years of a bad knee that they say the surgery has repaired and that he is finally healthy, we will see, for some reason i believe it, he sounds different in his interviews and I think he may finally be healthy, I'm going to ride the run line again and will look at the rays tt under if I can get 3.5 (doubtful) it's still cold in boston so i don't expect a ton of scoring but kitteredge could get lit up

another game that appears to have value is the mets and harvey getting big dog money vs the cold nats and tanner

Last edited:
After getting the over yesterday really wanna switch up and get back on under with wind blowing in and the cold. I really couldn't find a lot I liked tho with either pitcher, Eduardo didn't have the numbers I was looking for with ump and few other factors I looked at to feel real confident tho., and honestly have no clue about tampons pitcher or who coming in behind him?

Good read, always enjoy your Sox thoughts!! Gl as always

thanks guys...wind supposed to top at 11mph....think it takes 12mph to affect bb...trouble with under is rays staff so unpredictable and rotation yet to be established, they do scrap though which is typical for a rays team, but i do agree that under would be the way if gun held....it will be interesting to watch eduardo today, he has as good a stuff as anyone but has been plagued by the 6" between his ears and injuries throughout his brief career, if he can throw well consistently then he becomes the 3 guy after price/sale and the sox have an excellent 1,2,3 staff...if only

thanks guys...wind supposed to top at 11mph....think it takes 12mph to affect bb...trouble with under is rays staff so unpredictable and rotation yet to be established, they do scrap though which is typical for a rays team, but i do agree that under would be the way if gun held....it will be interesting to watch eduardo today, he has as good a stuff as anyone but has been plagued by the 6" between his ears and injuries throughout his brief career, if he can throw well consistently then he becomes the 3 guy after price/sale and the sox have an excellent 1,2,3 staff...if only

He kinda reminds me of Jamie Garcia early in his career. Had the tools but was a bit of a head case. I ended up passing cause like you said felt like was little too much unknown.

pomeraz is scheduled for a rehab start at portland (i think) early this week....his forearm strain appears to be healed and if he goes his scheduled 6 innings then he could start as early as late this week or more likely early next week....no need to rush him as johnson has pitched well and valequez as well....someone will go as the season goes on and needs open up....we are in the enviable position of being over staffed with starters

5-3-3 on the year....got lucky with 6 run 8th to push RL and lost Rays TT under....didn't play last night's game but if I had I would have gone 0-2 Yanks and under....excellent capping BJ

Sox bats came alive against a decimated yankee team at the Fens last night...39 degrees at game time...wonder if we will have summer this year.....Mookie Mookie....the guy is a total stud, does every aspect of baseball at an elite level except hit home runs and he hits enough of those....total joy to watch....Tanakaballs goes tonight and he is worthy, wonder if the cold effects him, doubt it, 1-1 2.92 .73 on the year....he's a stud and the yanks need a stopper so I suspect he shows up....Price riding the wave of love in Boston, fans actually cheered him, hasn't been scored on since last July albeit most of that on the DL....says he has never felt better entering a season and has 2 impressive outings against the aaa fish and rays....wonder if he will feel the same after facing Judge and Stanton who both showed signs of breaking out last night....Sox really can't do much wrong these days and it's got to end sometime and line move says it's tonight, maybe based on Price's poor record vs Yanks....tough to bet Yanks with all the injuries and a pen that seems to be a bit in shambles at the moment.....may make a run at the under tonight and maybe under FF.....both pitchers worthy and sox pen stellar and rested....little worried about Carson Smith though....doesn't seem right

Other games I kinda like are Balt and LAA + tt over (Moore can't pitch anymore) Good Luck to all

5-5-3 after last night's slugfest....note to self....don't bet the sox/yanks under.....32 runs in two games for these two teams and leaves little doubt that they will hit.....two pitchers that i am not thrilled about tonight....porcello seems too often lucky than good and gray has stuff but doesn't seem to be able to handle the road....so i'll go over tonight and warn all that when i change my bet from one game to the next under/over i seem to get bit

Thanks VC....5-5-4 on the year as i pushed on over 9 runs and was lucky to get that....so far this has been Porcello's "on' year....he has pitched better each time out and although i have a hard time playing him he does seem to get run support when he's on...i did play sox last night based on Tuck's assessment of Gray but I did not count it in my record (thanks tuck)...Porcello now 3-0 1.80 on the year....Eduardo goes today and once again i am reluctant to play sox due to his inconsistencies coupled with his apparent need to get a few starts under his belt before he develops a consistent game....he is maddening as he struck out like 5 in the first 2 innings and 7 in 3 2/3 but couldn't keep runs off the board, apparently because he couldn't get his off speed stuff over limiting him to one pitch...Tillman has allowed 9 runs in 15 over 2 starts but has a good career vs sox and 5-1 2.64 (i think) at the Fens but sox bats heating up and not sure Tillman isn't finished, certainly not what he used to be....gonna wait on sox lineup before i pull the trigger....Hanley may sit and Bogearts out....sox defense is not good in the infield and suspect when JD plays the field...we need Pedroia and Bogearts back....potential over but 10 runs may keep me off....will update later

5-5-5 after a push on the 10 runs....tough to go 5-5-5 in any sport never mind the bases....can't go against sox these days as the bats are clicking and they seem to have the horseshoe currently....but cobb can give you some reasons for those inclined to go against them, although it is his debut for the season....he has good numbers vs sox career 5-2 i think and good numbers career against the east so he gets up for division games apparently....go figure....the times i have seen him pitch vs sox (mostly with tb) he has been tough on them....valequez goes for the sox today, 1-0 3.18 on the year and although only a few big league starts he has pretty good numbers over those starts....watched him in his initial game this year and he looked ok, can't say i was blown away....hanley back in the lineup today and i hope it's not to soon and sandy catching which is strange to me because vazquez has the best numbers vs cobb career....he must need a blow i guess....jeez they have only played 13 games....value goes to cobb imo and under is appealing but i try not to step in front of hot teams so i guess i'm going to throw a little at sox -1 and under.....good luck to all

His stuff is not electric. 91-93 on the gun. Decent off speed. He appears to be able to locate pretty well. Haven’t seen him against a good lineup. You haven’t heard of him because he had had so few ml starts. I personally think he’s overvalued today. But I have t seen enough of him to accurately assess

His stuff is not electric. 91-93 on the gun. Decent off speed. He appears to be able to locate pretty well. Haven’t seen him against a good lineup. You haven’t heard of him because he had had so few ml starts. I personally think he’s overvalued today. But I have t seen enough of him to accurately assess

Thanks buddy, appreciate it.

I'm not real pumped about this card w more widespread cold crappy weather. It was so nice for few days last week where we didn't have much of that crap to worry about.

6-6-5 on the season as i foolishly bet a red sox under during a hot streak with the bats....they appear to be getting hotter....quick assessment on valequez...he impressed yesterday with his tenacity and his location combined with his assortment of pitches....hit 92 on the gun max and wasn't afraid to throw it in any situation....he came right at hitters and didn't nibble and when he got in a jam he kept right on challenging, his location was very good, always around the plate and just off when missing, changed his pitches consistently never throwing the same pitch back to back....worth a look next time if we see him again, sox out of options on johnson so valequez probably headed to the minors when pom returns which will probably be later this week....

on to today's game.....almost for sure a postponement...33 and raining/sleeting at game time...it will be an interesting marathon in boston tomorrow....but if they play i will be on sale-1 and balt tt under....sale finally looked like sale in his last outing, improving each time out and i expect a stellar performance today unless the weather messes with him, the way balt is swinging and missing currently i can't see them hitting sale as he continues to ramp up....bundy will be opposing sale and although 0-1 he has pitched very well pitching deep in all 3 games 7,6,7 and allowing virtually no runs, 5, hits, 13 i think or walks, 5 for a very small whip....this game screams under to me when you combine the weather with these two pitchers in their current form but i have been wrong on both boston unders this year so i am a little gunshy....good luck to all

I was pulling for Cobb to pitch better. It seems like sox never let Sale breeze. Bundy was often beastly last year. Played under here. Go Bruins.

I hear ya JOTS.....it was cobb debut so maybe should have waited...agree on bundy and sox have to play an under sometime

Arrieta Cobb Darvish Chacin. Has any pitcher debuted well with new team? Gonna keep this in mind for next year!

i'm off the o's tt under....it is 2.5 and i never bet any tt under 2.5....especially AL....good luck

If you are like me you will now root for O‘s tt over 2.5 even tho you have no money on it lol. BOL BJ

and it crossed my mind also VC....thinking it's his first start of the season and new with balt and i played it anyway....no rhodes scholar here ha ha

and it crossed my mind also VC....thinking it's his first start of the season and new with balt and i played it anyway....no rhodes scholar here ha ha

I played ff under with jake and lost too and i have a masters in history and another in german lit. Stupid comes in all shapes and sizes lol

7-6-5 on the year as Sale was effective in freezing temps (34) saying he was only trying to get the ball over and let them hit because he knew it would be so hard to hit....i also played under but not reflected as Johhnyonthespot nudged me (thanks Johnny)...on to today....the phenom ohtani takes on the sox...2-0 2.06 and microscopic whip at .46 but only opponent weak hitting a's....halos top the league at .291/ hr's 26/ ops .825...and second best record at 13-3 and 7 in a row....yikes...sox best record 13-2 and starters 9-1 2.06....price 5-7 vs halos career and 4-5 3.67 at halos career....sox suck in recent years vs laa 13-20 last 33 and 6-11 at anahiem....current line -165 which is ridiculous and probably means that halos win but wtf, a rookie with 2 major league starts vs david price and the 13-2 sox is a 65 cent fav.....price plus 55 in a must take ha ha

What an exciting game to be a Red Sox fan! Great call. I was scared. Do you think they crush again tonight? Mookie MVP. They took pressure right off Price and right on Ohtani. Team is humming.

8-6-5 on the year.....price +55 came through for us and sox bats came through while halos burned through their bullpen....porcello vs skaggs tonight....both have pitched very well....porcello contributing his success with the better use of his changeup which hides when he is going to throw his sinker....allegedly...rick 3-0 1.83 .76 and not walking anyone.....skaggs 2-0 1.69 and has thrown 217 pitches over two starts and hasn't gotten past the 5th inning....porcello has had tough time with halos...6-7 career 8-8 team and 5.87 yikes tough game to call....want to go under but sox bats hot and porcello poor vs halos and skaggs won't get deep meaning more pen for anahiem....may throw a little on porcello and continue to ride the wave but realistically it's a smarter man's pass.....MOOKIE!! MOOKIE!! I have a future on him to win mvp....7-1 if i remember correctly....i also have a future on chris archer to win the cy....ha ha that one is already gone

9-6-5 on the year as porcello threw the best game i've seen him pitch since he joined the sox....not a porcello fan but something is different about him, late movement and location were spot on last night....at this point i'm riding this streak until it ends or they reach 22-23 games which is when most baseball good runs tend to turn....few get beyond that 22-23 game mark before the regression begins to set in....on to tonight, tempted to go under with these 2 pitchers but just can't with sox bats as hot as they are....tropeano goes for the halos and he is coming off his first start off tommy john where he threw 6 2/3 innings 6 hits and a 7-1 win....sox have never seen him....moreland 1-7 and nunez 0-4 and that's it so first 5 under may be worth a look....eduardo goes for the sox and he's coming of a 6 inning (i think) 5 hit 8 strikeout 7-3 impressive performance....he's real good when he's on and they say he's healthy....allegedly....sox have outscored halos 19-1 in the first two games and they are as hot as you can get....crazy to go against them until they cool off some....sox and sox-1 and maybe ff under....good luck

10-7-5 with a win on the sox and a loss on the ff under.....pomeraz makes his season debut coming off the dl today to face graveman and the a's.....both pitchers have pitched very well vs the opposing team which temps the under but graveman giving up runs in bunches and sox scoring in bunches so will stay away....gonna stay on the horse.....sox -1....i promise there will be days where i advise against the sox.....honest

10-8-5 on the year....although i didn't post i played sale -1 yesterday and the loss is reflected here...manea was the real deal pitching lights out and remained strong throughout the entire game....very impressive and sox really didn't hit anything hard....one ball to the track and only 3 base runners i think.....on to today....price 2-1 2.24 1.10 goes against mengden 2-2 4.50 1.17 and coming off an 8-1 6 hit 8 inning performance although he typically doesn't get deep into games....price 4-2 3.13 career vs a's and 3-2 3.02 at oak....mengden only one start vs sox back in '16 where they hit him pretty good but means little....oak 2-6 vs lefties on the year while sox are scoring 6.6 rpg and hitting .294 vs righties...sox pen stellar road and rested....oak playing well won 5/6 and sox obviously are hot....price best boston pitcher this year and only threw 78 last time out so well rested and pitching in the big park....kinda like under here and will play price until he cools and will consider a's tt under 3.5 if that number is available....good luck to all

I liked Sale yesterday too :( Just doesn't make sense, but obviously Boston had to stop scoring a billion runs per game at some point! 3.5 can be a tough number like even with Sale yesterday. But any number can be too lol. BOL today

Back