Rd #3 - Women's Basketball

Helmut

Helmut Nation
New Zealand vs. China OVER 139.5

The last time these teams met was in the Good Luck Beijing Tournament and it was a 99-73 win for China in a very up-tempo game. New Zealand has proven to be one of the more up-tempo teams in this tournament. They have scored at least 60 points in all of there pre Olympic games and have reached that number in both games so far. I don’t think China can throw enough defense at them, even Mali scored 67 on them in exhibition. New Zealand has continued to play with poor defense in the first two Olympic games allowing Mali to shoot 47% and Spain to shoot 55% so it should be no problem for China to put up some points here. There probably going to be a little pissed of from the ass whipping from team USA and I look for them to rebound here.

New Zealand +20

This is kind of a pesky team and I think they can hang with China. They did blow the game with Spain as they were only down 12 with 2:00 left and the and a lot of end game things go against them. The oddsmakers had Spain a 3.5 favorite against China and Spain was a 16 point favorite over New Zealand so logically how can China be favored by 20 here? I think there is a lot of value in this one and going to take the points here.

Good health Helmut, I'm on the other side with -19 1/2. I understand your logic, but I don't like the fact the NZ only beat Mali by 4. Also, with China coming off the thrashing by the US, I would think they might try to take out their aggression on the next opponent

Again, good health.

Congrats,

I thought I should have had it being up 25 with 3+ min left, but if they do not score again I don't deserve it.

97 - 41 final

money;money;money;money;money;money;:smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm:money;money;:smiley_abvm::smiley_abvm:

Any thoughts on Australia vs Latavia -18/144 or Russia vs Brazil -9.5 /137.5 ??

Have Brazil +10 -120 and over 14 Australia but also lean to the Aussies ...

anyone ?? Curious as to what people think since I am a novice with the Olympics:cheers:

In the unlikely event Latvia beat Australia, Russia would be basically an automatic play.

Thanks BC. I am actually betting spreads and perception. I couldnt tell shit about any of these teams...

Aussie crushes them in the 2nd H 96-73.

Have Brazil in the 2nd game . Russia hasnt played as well as expected and Brazil off a tough loss thought we would see 7.5 here . Take the extra couple of points and hope for a 5 pt game:shake:

Hit the Over but didnt play Australia....

Back