RBC Canadian Open ~ FORM SHEET

I hedged a little on Rory yesterday, really thinking he was a win possibility. Not sure what he is doing with his swing right now, but yesterday back nine iron play was atrocious 3 missed greens from -130 in and an errant 6 iron as well. Just really bad for someone with his talent. Mental funk?

I think a few guys are in the same boat as Rors, JT and Rahm come to mind. Yesterday’s round played close to 75 and our expectations for the top guys are to close. Rors had the right game plan, hitting more 3 wood off the tee. Yes, iron play was bad but so was putting.

Everyone, including the books expect them to win. He’s also commented that some things in his swing are in the works. Pressure from the schedule, little time off and being one of the faces of PGA are all factors too, imo.

Scheffler though, been Mr consistent, good chance he wins this week or the open

I think a few guys are in the same boat as Rors, JT and Rahm come to mind. Yesterday’s round played close to 75 and our expectations for the top guys are to close. Rors had the right game plan, hitting more 3 wood off the tee. Yes, iron play was bad but so was putting.

Everyone, including the books expect them to win. He’s also commented that some things in his swing are in the works. Pressure from the schedule, little time off and being one of the faces of PGA are all factors too, imo.

Scheffler though, been Mr consistent, good chance he wins this week or the open
Immelman made the perfect comparison yesterday for me saying Rory and Spieth are kinda the same guy. You never know what you're going to get at times but when you it happens for them it's at a level that not even the best can compete with. It's just not consistent.

And Scottie's putter isn't going to win him a US Open right now unless it completely does an about face

And Scottie's putter isn't going to win him a US Open right now unless it completely does an about face
I don’t know man, not perfect but like where he’s been, every recent Sunday it seems.

Can’t wait for the US Open..just need to be careful, select picks and not go all out, expecting big wins. Gonna make a push this week for some bullets to fire next week

RBC tournament match ups:

Aberg -125 vs Hojgaard: really high on Aberg going forward… I haven’t seen Nicolai play much but willing to take a flyer here.

Thorbjornsen -110 vs Pendrith: taking the new face here against a guy who has really struggled before his last tourney. I’m thinking Pendrith will revert back to his more recent form.

Fitz +150 vs Rory: McIlroy was very disappointing last Sunday. Throw in the news with the PGA and LIV, I’m guessing he might be fragile mentally (more than normal) this week. I’ll take a shot at +150.

May add or tail a few tourney match ups… definitely will be keeping an eye on single round matches. Looking very forward to LACC next week.

Best of luck with your wagers this week…

I don’t know man, not perfect but like where he’s been, every recent Sunday it seems.

Can’t wait for the US Open..just need to be careful, select picks and not go all out, expecting big wins. Gonna make a push this week for some bullets to fire next week
The guys on No Laying Up said that if Scheffler had the same week putting that Denny McCarthy had, with Scottie's ball striking week, he would have won by something like 18 strokes. If had been dead average at putting, he would have won by 7. Scheffler can grind with the best of them, and he is the best ball striker on tour right now, but that putting has to be a concern

Canadian open plays, Rd.1

Rose top 10, Rd.1 +275 3u
3ball- Cole +100 v. Garnett, Armour 3u
3ball- Ramey +188 v. Todd, Werenski 2u

GL this week fellas and if I hear nothing but this merger BS during the tournament. I’m gonna hit a wedge into the TV

Last edited:
Canadian open plays, Rd.1

Rose top 10, Rd.1 +275 3u
3ball- Cole +100 v. Garnett, Armour 3u
3ball- Ramey +188 v. Todd, Werenski 2u

GL this week fellas and if I hear nothing but this merger BS during the tournament. I’m gonna hit a wedge into the TV
Just mute it… it’s the only way I can watch horse racing on tvg…

Close but no cigar yesterday. Rd.2 plays-

Hodges +125 v. Connors 3u- Love me some Connors but he played a flawless round yesterday and I think that will result in a couple of bogey's. Hodges with a meh, pedestrian round and hopefully a few putts drop today, making the cut and just staying ahead of Connors by 1 stroke.

Rors -120 v. Hatton 3u- Risky betting Rors as you're almost guaranteed a roller coaster round but perhaps he can string up more birds than bogey's, staying ahead of Hatton.

GL today

Back