Ray Rice 2 games?!?!?! really.

• Thread starter Thread starter dudleysdad
  • Start date Start date
D

dudleysdad

What were you thinking Roger? What type of clowns do you have working for? When you come up with only a 2 game suspension for beating the shit out of ur wife. Olbermann was on the money last night ripping Roger.
We have a player Josh Gordon suspended for a yr for smoking weed. You have a OL from philly missing 4 games for taking some supplements not on the nfl list. But you can knock out ur wife n drag her out of the elevator and get only 2 games. Really?!?
And to John harbaugh n Baltimore.. how didnt you cut his 2.8 yd per carry ass after the incident?
Baffling to me.

I assumed 6 games because violence against women is not tolerated in society. Though, I thought that would have been too much because this is Rice's first known run-in with the law. So I think 4 games would have been fair. A 2 game suspension tells me that the situation was not as dire as it looked on tape. Remember, we only see the end of the scuffle. We do not know what went on inside the elevator. Presumably, the NFL has seen this tape. And presumably, Rice's wife was very aggressive in her own right inside the elevator. I think the NFL probably would like to release the entire video to prove that Rice's wife initiated the situation (or least was very violent in her own right). But they can't release the video because you cannot show society Ray Rice punching a woman. It's too graphic.

One other thought I had that the media will never bring up is that Newsom is very tight with Goddell. That could have something to do with it.

Jay-Z got murked in the elevator by Bey's sister and he didn't knock her out. He didn't even touch her.

Rice deserved 8 games at minimum. Rediculous. Special Teams coach for the Vikes got 3 games for his comments on Yag people. NFL missed badly on this one.

How many games does his wife get for provoking the situation - Stephen A

Not a direct quote but everyone needs to go watch the first take clip at deadspin

Not a direct quote but everyone needs to go watch the first take clip at deadspin

Wow
I will have to pull that up.
Hmmm is it bad enough that espn will be removing Stephen A? Please tell me their is a chance!!!

Haha Michelle Beadle got some good ones on Twitter. Saw via deadspin.

I just watched it. What a dumbass. Guy's such an incoherent, babbling idiot though, it's sometimes tough to extract a point from his endless commentary. He's probably hoping this is one of those times. He circled back to it too, started and finished talking about the "provokers".

Here's the thing, Stephen A Smith is a gigantic moron. I generally like to defend guys who get pummelled by the media for one mistake, but wtf is this guy talking about? Girls have to be careful to provoke guys?

Here is a clip of comedian Bill Burr that I THINK might be what SAS was getting at, even though he did a terrible job of articulating it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlvvCYUDHrQ

Obviously this is comedy (and it is actually pretty awkward because the whole crowd didn't know how to react to the subject), but this actually says something that makes relative sense. We see a man hit a woman and the man is a monster immediately. Now no matter what, he should not do that, but we never even really care about what caused him to do it.

Be honest, you come home and you find your wife in bed with another man. The guy runs out of the house, and your woman isnt even apologetic about it, instead she starts talking about divorce and how much money shes going to take you for and how you are a piece of shit and all of that....now lets say after all that you hit her.

All from that scenario that will ever be made public is that you hit a woman. Not one other detail. So I am thinking that that is what Smith was TRYING to hint at maybe? But he did a terrible job of it, and for a guy who is on tv ever day for him to not realize how he was going to sound is incomprehensible.

Let's also not forget. This woman was Rice's fiancee when this incident occurred. She still went forward with the marriage. WTF??????

Let's also not forget. This woman was Rice's fiancee when this incident occurred. She still went forward with the marriage. WTF??????

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Maybe some white guy should go on his show and say "look, racism is bad, and I have black friends all over the place....and again, racism is horrible, BUT can you black people stop acting like fools, putting jewelry in your mouth, running around with drug dealers, committing crimes, etc...so that white people don't think discriminatory things about you?"

That's essentially the argument he's making. Whether or not he disapproves of domestic violence (who doesn't?), he somehow says it could be the woman's fault in the first place.

Maybe I'll take to Twitter with something close to what I just posted about black guys and see what he has to say.

the 2 game suspension for ko'ing your fiancee is fucked. i don't give 2 flying fucks if she hit him 300 times with her baby hands. you gotta lock that shit up. the nfl talks all day and night about being an example for society, but they suspend ray rice 2 games for literally knocking his old lady out. we were all taught that you shouldnt hit a woman, but when the most powerful pro sports organization in the country sends this kind of message--it's dangerous.

Maybe some white guy should go on his show and say "look, racism is bad, and I have black friends all over the place....and again, racism is horrible, BUT can you black people stop acting like fools, putting jewelry in your mouth, running around with drug dealers, committing crimes, etc...so that white people don't think discriminatory things about you?"

That's essentially the argument he's making. Whether or not he disapproves of domestic violence (who doesn't?), he somehow says it could be the woman's fault in the first place.

Maybe I'll take to Twitter with something close to what I just posted about black guys and see what he has to say.

pretty sure stephen a said some shit just like this, actually. something about wearing dreads and sagging your pants makes racist people be racist towards you.

Very strange stance from this guy. Apparently he's passionate about the silent victims. The provoked.

pretty sure stephen a said some shit just like this, actually. something about wearing dreads and sagging your pants makes racist people be racist towards you.

Perfect. So he really is just an all around idiot, it's not simply confined to his thoughts about domestic violence.

Go for it
If I had Twitter I would join ya

the 2 game suspension for ko'ing your fiancee is fucked. i don't give 2 flying fucks if she hit him 300 times with her baby hands. you gotta lock that shit up. the nfl talks all day and night about being an example for society, but they suspend ray rice 2 games for literally knocking his old lady out. we were all taught that you shouldnt hit a woman, but when the most powerful pro sports organization in the country sends this kind of message--it's dangerous.
So the example for society should be it's cool for a woman to tee off on a dude with no consequence?

Obviously the way he said things was bad ... but I think the only point he was making is that we hold men accountable for hitting a woman and for domestic violence but we do not hold women accountable for the same thing and are not held accountable for their bad acts that while they don't deserve to be hit for them are still bad acts.

I kind of think Stephen A Smith is getting attacked with the same political correctness crowd that he is usually on the same side of. Every little thing a person says these days gets blown out of proportion. We have turned into a society of pussies. Sure lets get outraged that Stephen A Smith thinks that some women provoke undeserved assaults from their male husbands and boyfriends but lets turn our head to Kobe raping a chick or Big Ben .... or all the wife beating that is actually going on. Action police are dying off and all we get now are the thought police people.

Sort of hate defending him ... because what he said is either stupid or said stupidly .... but the bigger problem is all of us having to watch every little word we say about women, every ethnicity, every sexual orientation etc etc while turning our heads to people that are actually hurting other people. The outrage should be at Ray Rice and to a lesser extent, the NFL .... it shouldn't be because a blowhard makes a few comments about it on a talk show.

For perspective .... Ray Rice beats a woman unconscious. Sterling makes racist comments. One gets two games and one is forced to sell his franchise. We have a problem as a society.

I've started telling people to either work towards finding a solution to whatever topic they are bitching about or stop the bitching. It's worked really well so far. As a society we are loaded with problem finders and have very few problem solvers

I've started telling people to either work towards finding a solution to whatever topic they are bitching about or stop the bitching. It's worked really well so far. As a society we are loaded with problem finders and have very few problem solvers

disagree with the sentiment completely. "bitching" about topics is the beginning of finding a solution. if we all just sit in our car and talk to the radio, then we don't get to hear other opinions, evolve our own opinions, etc. talking about domestic violence and the role victim blaming has is a serious component to stopping future beatings. to fall under the illusion that if we don't have an answer, we should just stop talking about it is strangely close-minded. the answers might not be there, or the answers might be just talking about them as they come up. education is the key, and if the conversation isn't started by grown-ups, the kids will never hear it.

Obviously the way he said things was bad ... but I think the only point he was making is that we hold men accountable for hitting a woman and for domestic violence but we do not hold women accountable for the same thing and are not held accountable for their bad acts that while they don't deserve to be hit for them are still bad acts.

I kind of think Stephen A Smith is getting attacked with the same political correctness crowd that he is usually on the same side of. Every little thing a person says these days gets blown out of proportion. We have turned into a society of pussies. Sure lets get outraged that Stephen A Smith thinks that some women provoke undeserved assaults from their male husbands and boyfriends but lets turn our head to Kobe raping a chick or Big Ben .... or all the wife beating that is actually going on. Action police are dying off and all we get now are the thought police people.

Sort of hate defending him ... because what he said is either stupid or said stupidly .... but the bigger problem is all of us having to watch every little word we say about women, every ethnicity, every sexual orientation etc etc while turning our heads to people that are actually hurting other people. The outrage should be at Ray Rice and to a lesser extent, the NFL .... it shouldn't be because a blowhard makes a few comments about it on a talk show.

For perspective .... Ray Rice beats a woman unconscious. Sterling makes racist comments. One gets two games and one is forced to sell his franchise. We have a problem as a society.

solid

Good Ol Stevie Boy is leaving Espin radio for a gig on Sirius with Chris Russo. Dont know if that means he is done on espn in general, one can hope

the consequence shouldn't be hitting a woman. pretty simple.

That's some knight in shining armor bullshit. That's absolutely the consequence. If a woman starts swingin on on dude, and keeps swingin, I have no sympathy when she gets hit with some equality and knocked the fuck out.

I keep hearing about the "provoking" angle on this, most elevators have cameras in them, this one doesn't?

As far as the incident, he drug the girl out, meaning he knocked her the fuck out. My wife has done some crazy things to me over the years, swung at me, hot me, thrown shit (mostly alcohol induced) and it's never taken a jab/uppercut combo to calm her down, I can't even imagine what he actually did to put her in that state but wow.

I'm assuming their isn't a precedent for this type if situation and the NFL just whiffed on setting the precedent. The crazy thing is she still married him (she's obviously a "pro ho") after it all.

I keep hearing about the "provoking" angle on this, most elevators have cameras in them, this one doesn't?

As far as the incident, he drug the girl out, meaning he knocked her the fuck out. My wife has done some crazy things to me over the years, swung at me, hot me, thrown shit (mostly alcohol induced) and it's never taken a jab/uppercut combo to calm her down, I can't even imagine what he actually did to put her in that state but wow.

I'm assuming their isn't a precedent for this type if situation and the NFL just whiffed on setting the precedent. The crazy thing is she still married him (she's obviously a "pro ho") after it all.

Rice's lawyers would tie that up so fast and have it seized....although I just posted the bus driver uppercutting the crap out of the chick and throwing her out the bus...

Is the above situation any different?

Back