Rattler in the portal?

Rumor was out there Monday but then he was at practice.

Definitely no to the NFL.

He needs 1 minimum actual good year at some school...

He will end up at some p12 school, thinking Utah
Think again...

tumblr_m3yy22bXw41qb0eujo1_400.gif

Think of the super inflated passing numbers that even lesser passers have achieved at OU — like Hurts — and then look at Rattlesnake‘s numbers against FBS opponents, it‘s rather appalling isn‘t it

Why does he suck so bad? I haven't watched him all year.
Same question a lot of people are asking, especially after he seemed to hit his stride in the second half of last year.

I don't see him hitting the portal. His plan, since high school, was to leave after this year and declare for the draft. If he hits the portal it means he has to spend an extra year, learn a new offense, and there is no guarantee he will find one as QB friendly as the one he's in now.

Plenty of schools would love to have him because there's no doubt he has the arm talent and the potential. His problem has always been that he has problems executing the offense. He has never been good at reading the option, deciding whether to keep or hand off, then reading the defense and throwing to the right guy. Defenses this year started just ignoring him as a running threat and crashing down the line to hit the running back because they know can't read the option and is no threat keeping and running.

And NIL didn't help. Rumors were circulating as soon as NIL became reality that it had gone to his head. And anyone who watched the spring game could see Williams ran the offense a lot better than he did and Williams had just arrived on campus

I think he might actually be better off going to a school where they run a pro set or at least some offense where they just call a handoff or a pass and he doesn't have the pressure of trying to read the option.

Last edited:
Dude goes from Heisman favorite to the portal in 6 games? How soft are these kids nowadays?
Can’t blame him IF he lost the starting job. If he’s trying to get to the nfl he can’t stay if he’s benched he’s gotta go elsewhere and play and light it up or he goes from 1st round to who joes what

Not only does he suck he‘s also a quitter who values self over team
As he should if it’s costing him millions.

Why is everyone hating on him. Qbs transfer all the time. Hurts did it when he lost his job. Burrow did it when he got beat out by fields, who did it when he wasn’t starting at ga? Etc

• Love
Reactions: KJ
As he should if it’s costing him millions.

Why is everyone hating on him. Qbs transfer all the time. Hurts did it when he lost his job. Burrow did it when he got beat out by fields, who did it when he wasn’t starting at ga? Etc
And it wasn‘t always like this

To be fair, it‘s he who is costing himself. Transferring is a way of deflecting blame and conceding loss of control. If he had integrity he would resharpen his commitment and win the job back instead of being a butt-hurt bitch and an overpaid loser

To be fair, it‘s he who is costing himself. Transferring is a way of deflecting blame and conceding loss of control. If he had integrity he would resharpen his commitment and win the job back instead of being a butt-hurt bitch and an overpaid loser
That's not remotely how it works

C'mon dude, maybe the system wasn't a fit and fucked up his confidence

What's wrong with a new start given what's allowed today? Fight for his job back? You weren't even born when players did that

Hurts did it when he lost his job.
Actually, what Hurts did was support Tua 100%, support the team 100%, work as hard in practice and the weight room and film room as he did when was a starter, be ready when he got a chance in the SEC title game, come off the bench and play lights out and lead his team to the title, then, when the season was over, look into transferring.

Maybe Rattler will do the same. If he does, maybe he will succeed like Hurts did

That's not remotely how it works

C'mon dude, maybe the system wasn't a fit and fucked up his confidence

What's wrong with a new start given what's allowed today? Fight for his job back? You weren't even born when players did that
That system is a gold mine for quarterbacks look at Hurts‘ jump in passing numbers.

You think the system could be holding him back?

I‘m just thinking also, wouldn‘t a player so quickly inclined to hop ship be less desired by a coach — college or NFL.

I mean Aikman didn't "fight" for his job before transferring, he did alright

Just alot easier to do now

Let's be equal here. KJ can take a break too. Don't go typing the shit you obviously know we don't tolerate.

I see you trying to evade the edits, you can take a longer break.

:shake:

Nice job VC. Let's keep it classy CTG.

Who knows...I would imagine he would just declare for the draft. Can you transfer and play for another team in the middle of a season?

who going to draft him? if you cant make the sooners offense hum you damn sure not succeeding in the nfl imo.. he be way better severed staying another year and trying to prove he can play somewhere, maybe he can wash off the stank attached to him at the moment.

not only would i not draft a kid who couldnt succeed with one the most qb friendly offenses in the country i dont think i want a kid who gets benched and quits on his team in matter of weeks!! i mean fuck, at least stay rest the season and be ready in case your replacement gets hurt, is that too much to ask? after the season im fine with it but doing it now is weak..

Back