Rate the Top 10 Quarterbacks Right Now

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Who are your top 10 quarterbacks right now this season (as in Brady doesn’t need to be number one)

If the NFL is a „passing league,“ then this is a sad commentary on the quality of the NFL product
Yeah it's not quality, getting to the point the best athletes are pass rushers and DBs, probably because the longevity is there since you aren't getting hit every play

I guess I no longer feel pressed to ask you about him lol
I grew up a Vikes fan so they are my pseudo second team, I know what he is and more importantly what he isn't

Nice to be surrounded by Cook, Jefferson, Thielen and Hock no doubt

I grew up a Vikes fan so they are my pseudo second team, I know what he is and more importantly what he isn't

Nice to be surrounded by Cook, Jefferson, Thielen and Hock no doubt
Yeah but on the flip side aren’t you punishing Rodgers then for lacking weapons to throw to?

Yeah but on the flip side aren’t you punishing Rodgers then for lacking weapons to throw to?
I think he creates those problems, several of the guys above him would succeed with those receivers. Always been nonsense to me that he makes sure to not so subtly whine about. Used to agree with him, now it's just gotten old. Not sure how you could be confident playing with that taking backhanded jabs at you all the time.

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Hurts
Lamar
Rodgers
Stafford
Fields
Dak

Next 4:
Trevor
Murray
D Jones
KP8

1 Patrick Mahomes 105.7 2017-2022 kan
2 Aaron Rodgers 103.8 2005-2022 gnb
3 Deshaun Watson 102.2 2017-2022 2TM
4 Russell Wilson 100.5 2012-2022 2TM
5 Jimmy Garoppolo 99.6 2014-2022 2TM
6 Drew Brees 98.7 2001-2020 2TM
7 Dak Prescott 98.6 2016-2022 dal
8 Kirk Cousins 98.0 2012-2022 2TM
9 Tom Brady 97.1 2000-2022 2TM
Tony Romo 97.1 2004-2016 dal
11 Steve Young+ 96.8 1985-1999 2TM
12 Lamar Jackson 96.7 2018-2022 rav
13 Peyton Manning+ 96.5 1998-2015 2TM
14 Justin Herbert 95.9 2020-2022 sdg
15 Philip Rivers 95.2 2004-2020 2TM
16 Kurt Warner+ 93.7 1998-2009 3TM
17 Matt Ryan 93.6 2008-2022 2TM
18 Ben Roethlisberger 93.5 2004-2021 pit
19 Jared Goff 92.5 2016-2022 2TM
Kyler Murray 92.5 2019-2022 crd

1 Patrick Mahomes 105.7 2017-2022 kan
2 Aaron Rodgers 103.8 2005-2022 gnb
3 Deshaun Watson 102.2 2017-2022 2TM
4 Russell Wilson 100.5 2012-2022 2TM
5 Jimmy Garoppolo 99.6 2014-2022 2TM
6 Drew Brees 98.7 2001-2020 2TM
7 Dak Prescott 98.6 2016-2022 dal
8 Kirk Cousins 98.0 2012-2022 2TM
9 Tom Brady 97.1 2000-2022 2TM
Tony Romo 97.1 2004-2016 dal
11 Steve Young+ 96.8 1985-1999 2TM
12 Lamar Jackson 96.7 2018-2022 rav
13 Peyton Manning+ 96.5 1998-2015 2TM
14 Justin Herbert 95.9 2020-2022 sdg
15 Philip Rivers 95.2 2004-2020 2TM
16 Kurt Warner+ 93.7 1998-2009 3TM
17 Matt Ryan 93.6 2008-2022 2TM
18 Ben Roethlisberger 93.5 2004-2021 pit
19 Jared Goff 92.5 2016-2022 2TM
Kyler Murray 92.5 2019-2022 crd

Obviously, Wilson is washed now and is no longer top 25 in the league. Kirk would be top 10 if he didn’t shrink in big games.

Mahomes
Burrow
Allen
Herbert
Lawrence
Hurts
Rodgers
Dak
Lamar (if he was healthy and/or happy he would be 7 behind hurts, prob shouldn’t even be on list now but slim Pickens to get 10 guys on list!)
Watson (he really not here yet but he will be sooner than later, rather have the talent upside than say goff or cousins).

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Trevor
Herbert
Hurts
Jimmy (healthy)
Brady
Rodgers (edit)
Dak
Lamar

Think this the closest to mine. I think I’m only one who has burrow 2 alllen 3 but I watched burrow go to SB w a terrible oline, I didn’t even think that was possible! I wouldn’t even hesitate to take him ahead of Allen despite Allen being the more physically gifted.

We have Herbert and Lawrence flipped but I could go either way there, I wouldn’t fight you bout Lawrence ahead of Herbert. Most importantly our top 6 the same 6 guys and to me there not even a debate those the best 6 in the game right now.

I don’t love my 7-10 so guess I can’t beat yours up that much, although for fun I wi!! Jimmy? I already like purdy better (he coulda been 10 for me! Lol). Brady? That old fuck has no interest in even thinking bout getting hit, he still has better weapons than a ton
Of guys and he scoring like 18 points a game just cause his line a little shaky? It ain’t as bad as the one burrow took to SB!

Fields on any competent team is top 5-7. All the haters during the draft getting put in place. Kid has worst OL, worst WR, and rookie OC.

I like fields and got made fun of around draft cause I said I woulda took him over everyone but Lawrence in that class. That said I’m not ready to go there yet, the evaluation is hard cause the line and shit for weapons but I think he still has work to do even w a better cast before joining the top 6. He tends to bring lot of sacks on himself, plus he takes lot of big hits he gonna have to learn to avoid or he gonna get killed! think he a bit lacking with anticipatory throws and still has a ways to go as a passer to be mentioned w the 6 I think head and shoulders above right now. Don’t get me wrong I love the kid, his upside is massive and the evaluation is hard but he needs to put in a offseason with one them really good qb guru’s and work on some things, would love to see more of him confidently letting it rip on time when he hits back foot of drop.

Fields on any competent team is top 5-7. All the haters during the draft getting put in place. Kid has worst OL, worst WR, and rookie OC.
Chicago ranks second in pass block win rate and fifth in run block win rate. I mean, o-line has gotta explain why Khalil Herbert has performed so amazingly this year…4th in ypc, no way it‘s because he‘s that good!

Chicago ranks second in pass block win rate and fifth in run block win rate. I mean, o-line has gotta explain why Khalil Herbert has performed so amazingly this year…4th in ypc, no way it‘s because he‘s that good!
Bears rated bottom 10 all year until Fields started to run wild. They are shitty. Worst is exaggeration but they have the worst tackles possibly, good guards

Not in order...

Mahomey
Herbert
Fields
Burrow
Allen
Trevor
Dak
Hurts
Tua
Geno

Lamar.... Hurt so not including...

Staff and Kyler would be head of next 10 but also hurt.

Goff in 11-15 range too.

Not in order...

Mahomey
Herbert
Fields
Burrow
Allen
Trevor
Dak
Hurts
Tua
Geno

Lamar.... Hurt so not including...

Staff and Kyler would be head of next 10 but also hurt.

Goff in 11-15 range too.

If I didn’t count lamar (hurt) or Watson (just think he be back to top 10 guy sooner than later) I was close to goff at 10. Seems like there a unfair perception of him, compared to half the trash in this league he been damn good.

If I didn’t count lamar (hurt) or Watson (just think he be back to top 10 guy sooner than later) I was close to goff at 10. Seems like there a unfair perception of him, compared to half the trash in this league he been damn good.
This year, he has been.

He was bad last year.

He's grown into it this year. Ben has been a huge part of that (so hoping we get one more year of him as OC).

Bears rated bottom 10 all year until Fields started to run wild. They are shitty. Worst is exaggeration but they have the worst tackles possibly, good guards

Fields does bail them out at times but he also causes a lot his own sacks. He gotta learn to make the reads and get ball out on time. It can’t all be street ball or he won’t last cause he takes some huge shots. He super talented and one the more fun watches but he has to do like hurts and work on his weaknesses and get better in the pocket on time within structure of offense. Obviously hurts has way better weapons but I’m not sure fields would get ball out on time with anticipation of where guy gonna be before he sees it even with better wrs. He gotta work on that this offseason.

Think this the closest to mine. I think I’m only one who has burrow 2 alllen 3 but I watched burrow go to SB w a terrible oline, I didn’t even think that was possible! I wouldn’t even hesitate to take him ahead of Allen despite Allen being the more physically gifted.

We have Herbert and Lawrence flipped but I could go either way there, I wouldn’t fight you bout Lawrence ahead of Herbert. Most importantly our top 6 the same 6 guys and to me there not even a debate those the best 6 in the game right now.

I don’t love my 7-10 so guess I can’t beat yours up that much, although for fun I wi!! Jimmy? I already like purdy better (he coulda been 10 for me! Lol). Brady? That old fuck has no interest in even thinking bout getting hit, he still has better weapons than a ton
Of guys and he scoring like 18 points a game just cause his line a little shaky? It ain’t as bad as the one burrow took to SB!

7 and on is a subjective shit show at this point lol.

1 Patrick Mahomes
2 Josh Allen
3 Joe Burrow - top 3 are in their own tier
4 Aaron Rodgers - not as good as he used to be, but each week will still make plays that few others can do
5 Lamar - big time winner
6 Dak - another winner
7 Herbert - you can see the talent, but last year's collapse left a mark and he hasn't been as good this year
8 Lawrence - on the rise, talent is there, resume isn't
9 Jimmy G - another winner but without the versatility of Lamar and Dak
10 Kirk - solid, over a long career has won more than he's lost while not being on very many really good teams

Watson - hard to say at this point, could be #10 based on 2019 talent
Russ - looks washed for 2nd straight year
Brady - crafty but severely limited
Geno - nice story but still this is a career year and Hawks are a mediocre team

How are Dak and Lamar winners? They just happen to be on playoff-caliber teams, on teams that can win games. Same thing with Jimmy. He just needs to avoid throwing too many dumb picks, then his talented teammates and elite defense will seal the deal.

Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Herbert
Rodgers
Hurts
Murray
Fields
Lawrence
Jackson

I approached this as if I could have a QB for next 3 years, what is the order.

How are Dak and Lamar winners? They just happen to be on playoff-caliber teams, on teams that can win games. Same thing with Jimmy. He just needs to avoid throwing too many dumb picks, then his talented teammates and elite defense will seal the deal.
Cowboys were 4-12 the year before Dak, largely because of Romo going down late in week 2 (Dallas started 2-0). Romo came back week 11, Cowboys were 2-7, and won at Miami. Then they lost to Carolina and with no hope of the playoffs Romo was shut down. Dallas went 1-4 down the stretch. Brutal year.

Dak gets drafted in the 4th round, and impresses enough in camp to be the #2. Then Romo goes down with a back injury in the preseason. I know what I was thinking.....shit, another lost season.

WRONG!! Dak leads them to 13-3! Cowboys ranked 22nd in offense the year before. With Dak they move up to #5. Then in the playoffs he rallies them from 13-28 to tie the Packers with 35 seconds left, only to see Rodgers break hearts in Dallas as he ALWAYS DOES.

Yes the Cowboys have good teams...Dak makes them better. Cooper Rush went 4-1, total yards each game: 337, 391, 279, 239, 315

Defense has slipped, Dak has revved up the offense: 330, 442, 421, 458, 430, 385, 404, 397, 419

60-35 lifetime record is a perennial playoff contender. Dallas is 9-8 without him, which is mediocre.

Lamar has been even more impressive in elevating the Ravens. They were in a funk with Flacco after their surprise Super Bowl win in 2012. 8-8, 10-6 wildcard, 5-11, 8-8, 9-7......then they trade back up into the first round in 2018 to get a falling Lamar. They start 4-5, and over the bye make the switch to Lamar. 6-1 down the stretch for the rookie with only a 3 point loss at Mahomes KC as a blemish (and they were up 24-17 late in the 4th Q).

Next season....14-2, #2 offense in the league. Since he entered the starting lineup, 45-16. Without him 4-6. He's such a dynamo out there, his offense can't be duplicated. Huntley plays the same style but comes nowhere close. He basically saved Harbaugh's career in Baltimore, because as Flacco was crashing and burning his coaching seat was getting hot. Now he looks like a great coach because he won a ring with Flacco and now has an annual playoff contender with a second QB. Something Tomlin and Belichick haven't really accomplished. Lamar made that happen.

Last edited:
Herbert can eventually move up from my #7, he has the gifts. The throw he made to Allen crossing 20 yards downfield, with a DB trying to undercut the route, and he threw a rope into that window quick enough so Allen still had a chance to turn it upfield and just barely step out on the tightrope? That's why he's on the list. He just needs to win more. The playoff appearance is a good start.

Herbert can eventually move up from my #7, he has the gifts. The throw he made to Allen crossing 20 yards downfield, with a DB trying to undercut the route, and he threw a rope into that window quick enough so Allen still had a chance to turn it upfield and just barely step out on the tightrope? That's why he's on the list. He just needs to win more. The playoff appearance is a good start.
Justin is a new staff away from top 4.

This year, he has been.

He was bad last year.

He's grown into it this year. Ben has been a huge part of that (so hoping we get one more year of him as OC).
If that OC doesn't get a head coaching job this offseason the front offices are every bit as dumb as I think they are.

They are pretty equal as runners the difference being Fields has the body to absorb hits while Lamar continues to get hurt with his slighter frame.
Top end speed, dont recall seeing Lamar leaving dudes in dust like Fields. I know folks will discredit hid success because of legs to date but theres not even a RB this year comparable to what he has done… maybe Pollard

Top end speed, dont recall seeing Lamar leaving dudes in dust like Fields. I know folks will discredit hid success because of legs to date but theres not even a RB this year comparable to what he has done… maybe Pollard
I think you are underestimating the athleticism that Lamar has but he just doesn't have the frame to hold up to the big hits he takes. Personally I would rather have a QB that only runs as a last resort but if the QB is going to run a lot he better be built like Allen or Fields.

I think you are underestimating the athleticism that Lamar has but he just doesn't have the frame to hold up to the big hits he takes. Personally I would rather have a QB that only runs as a last resort but if the QB is going to run a lot he better be built like Allen or Fields.
Fields has no one to throw to so hopefully that changes. I hated the claypool trade and hate it even more now. Was not thrilled when i thought it was ravens 2nd but was ok with it… turned out it was chicagos 2nd… awwwwful

Then you’ve simply forgotten the times that Lamar left dudes in the dust. It’s happened multiple times over multiple years.

1. MyHomies
2. Burrow your head in the sand
3. Allen, and I am not joshing
4. Lamar - bad name for a school, great nfl QB
5. Won't you be my neighbor, Mr Rodgers. Pretty sure he is the best Yag (<- Dyslexia) qb in the league so there is that for you lebron james fans
6. Hurts so good
7. Brady bunch of super bowls but his series is over and it is bad remake movies now
8. Herbert is soft as sherbert but I still think he is good for some reason. I probably have him too high
9. The killing Fields
10. Dak Attack - Reminds me of Rich Gannon though. Close ... but something is missing

I suspect Lawrence of Arabia is better than two of those 10 but not sure which. Z Wilson probably #12 (- just kidding @brewers888

Last edited:
Back