Rare recap with opinons

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
Today I lost on
1. The Brewers. It was a stupid pick as I was laying real money odds against a quality team that was in winning mode, with a decent pitcher and my team had no motivational edge. Got what I deserved
2. I lost with Boston. This was a play on one of the best home teams in baseball in the day where they are close to unbeatable and I had a quality young pitcher going against a starting pitcher who was just not good at all in day games. I had to lay 13 cents. I thought fair value was at least 60 cents and I lost with a strange decision by the manager when he selected a relief pitcher with a 2 run lead in the 7th with an era vs the Angels over 9. Clean hands here. Those who won with the Angels deserve the money but may have problems in gambling situations generally.
3. I lost with under in WS. My hands are not clean here. I did not check the weather. This was in general a good play I think on the under but you probably should pass on it if you are aware of the possibility of rain delays. Weak action by me.
4. I did not play Oakland. No idea why I did not play that. Lirano had shown nothing and Minn had a pitcher they liked going against a team they dominate the next day. Oakland had been winning and were going with a pitcher they had been winning with who was playing quite reasonably. Just weak action.
5. I did not post but did play Houston. I mention this only to be accurate. I do not keep records and will never start. Basic concepts. Hot team playing a weak team that usually loses to them is playing an unknown pitcher getting solid plus money. Not a hard play. Just obvious action.
6. I won with the WS posted. Want to just win? Just play the home team when Emmel is the umpire. Have mentioned him many times but it appaently does not stick.
7. I won posted with the Giants. Spent some of the morning listening to a podcat of the Frisco Chronicle on the Giants that encouraged me and how much does it take to bet against a dead team getting plus money.
8. I won posted with Arizona. Real brain teaser. Better team. Plus money. A total reversal from the joke Haren game where a over rated pitcher was given a silly spread. Here a fine road pitcher going for the better team was given 0 respect. Actually got some ALT Runline in that one.
9. I won posted with under in KC second game where I gave I think clearly my reasoning.
10. One other loser. I lost with Tomko first half plus .5 and ml. I stand by that play. Carmona was on bad rest, playing at a site where he had been hit very hard and where the players on the current team had good knowledge of him. No one on the Cleveland team had had had much contact with Tomko and he was playing on good rest when he had been playing reasonably. Carmona had nothing. He pitched like a clown. Tomko pitched like someone on drugs. I lost but do not fault myself.
I was sloppy with weather on one game. I just made bad decisions on Oakland and the Brewers.
People make mistakes. You get pushed for time and things happen. But I did not bet the Angels. I did not play LA. I did not play joke pitchers in Pitt as favorites starting for a weak team. I tried to stay in a reasonable framework. And surprise! I won money.

nice with Zona, failed to remember that he's awful @ home and better on the road. Still think he's garbage though.

thanks for the post tuck, love reading these.

Carmona had nothing. He pitched like a clown.

Real clowns could pitch shutouts against this KC lineup

2 instances this season of totaling more than 5 runs, and both were in losses where they conceded 9+ runs (meaning the opposition had room to use weaker arms given their margin run advantage)

oh, and those 2 occasions they totaled 6 runs. They have not managed a 7+ run team total this season.

Something I learned today but not because of the games I played...

Home feild matters...

Only Ten teams last year didnt have a winning record at home, and the worst home record was 35-46, all things considered, not horrible. I never really put home feild that much into what I bet (ocassionaly), but wow.

Today I lost on
1. The Brewers. It was a stupid pick as I was laying real money odds against a quality team that was in winning mode, with a decent pitcher and my team had no motivational edge. Got what I deserved
2. I lost with Boston. This was a play on one of the best home teams in baseball in the day where they are close to unbeatable and I had a quality young pitcher going against a starting pitcher who was just not good at all in day games. I had to lay 13 cents. I thought fair value was at least 60 cents and I lost with a strange decision by the manager when he selected a relief pitcher with a 2 run lead in the 7th with an era vs the Angels over 9. Clean hands here. Those who won with the Angels deserve the money but may have problems in gambling situations generally.
3. I lost with under in WS. My hands are not clean here. I did not check the weather. This was in general a good play I think on the under but you probably should pass on it if you are aware of the possibility of rain delays. Weak action by me.
4. I did not play Oakland. No idea why I did not play that. Lirano had shown nothing and Minn had a pitcher they liked going against a team they dominate the next day. Oakland had been winning and were going with a pitcher they had been winning with who was playing quite reasonably. Just weak action.
5. I did not post but did play Houston. I mention this only to be accurate. I do not keep records and will never start. Basic concepts. Hot team playing a weak team that usually loses to them is playing an unknown pitcher getting solid plus money. Not a hard play. Just obvious action.
6. I won with the WS posted. Want to just win? Just play the home team when Emmel is the umpire. Have mentioned him many times but it appaently does not stick.
7. I won posted with the Giants. Spent some of the morning listening to a podcat of the Frisco Chronicle on the Giants that encouraged me and how much does it take to bet against a dead team getting plus money.
8. I won posted with Arizona. Real brain teaser. Better team. Plus money. A total reversal from the joke Haren game where a over rated pitcher was given a silly spread. Here a fine road pitcher going for the better team was given 0 respect. Actually got some ALT Runline in that one.
9. I won posted with under in KC second game where I gave I think clearly my reasoning.
10. One other loser. I lost with Tomko first half plus .5 and ml. I stand by that play. Carmona was on bad rest, playing at a site where he had been hit very hard and where the players on the current team had good knowledge of him. No one on the Cleveland team had had had much contact with Tomko and he was playing on good rest when he had been playing reasonably. Carmona had nothing. He pitched like a clown. Tomko pitched like someone on drugs. I lost but do not fault myself.
I was sloppy with weather on one game. I just made bad decisions on Oakland and the Brewers.
People make mistakes. You get pushed for time and things happen. But I did not bet the Angels. I did not play LA. I did not play joke pitchers in Pitt as favorites starting for a weak team. I tried to stay in a reasonable framework. And surprise! I won money.

Like this too..

1- Brewers just didnt hit at --130 or 140 with Howard sitting on top of the Rollins and Victorino issues with Moyer where is the edge to Philly? Outside of us saying we should no be suprisd we were again done in by the bullpen so maybe to avoid that the best play was Milw 1st 5 inn?

2- Agree as well. Crazy loss but I think again we seemed to basically emphasis the SP and that tends to mean more value 1st 5 inn which would of hit...

3-So agree here. I knew the weather sucked and saw it with my own eyes on the pregame. Had already played Under 10.5 but could have escapped it with an over 10...

4- I did play Oak and the over ...boy did it help me out after a terrible start to my day...additions of Hurt and Davis will pay great dividends vs LHP. Think Davis was around 300 vs LH and that is an upgrade from Buck , Cust , but really Denorfia and Sweeney IMO..Hurt crushes LHs ..much better then Cust at DH..just looking at there starting lineup for Oak is exactly what got me into that game..they were just to deep and u could just see Liriano was still a work in progress from his stats...

5. So agree here as well. For a split second I thought no one knows Cassels and will write him off to quickly. Worse art is Played Reds and that was an ouch.. agree here with the comments

6. I like the home tendecies for some umps and the bottomline is Wsox won but alot had to do with the rain delay taking hughes out if the game as Ohlendorf allowed 5 in the 4th when leading 3-0 which also taxed the pen and forced Joba to throw 2 innings..plus WSox trying to avoid a sweep at home..

7. Good decision with SFG. I played SD. basically because I knew Young would be real sharp here no runs or 1 run type outing , I thought Linecnum would struggle some and he did labor 122 pitches in 6.1 and SD would get the gift back that they gave SF yesterday which i did have...cant disagree really...coin flip game at ++ odds..

8. Again good call..forced a small play on LAD...expected more from teh LAD offense but being down quick always hurts...loved LAD yesterday though so agree Lowe was the perfect match for Zona..overemphasized AI 200 vs RH away and LAD above 300 at home...

9...yep good shit there u jelped reinforce my lean and got me to play the under and 1st 5 under but nibbled some on KC..

10. I disagree with the Cle remarks. We already talked some here. Carmona was in the best possible situation to do well..Last year his 1.88 ERA in the 7 games he got more then 5 days rest and today was 6. You honestly cant weigh the previous stuff for a guy who came out of nowhere like he did in 2007 ..Carmona's stats start in 2007 in my opinion it would be like relying on Mike Mussinas splits from 2002..the only stats I see for him are 2007 and beyond in both cases...Also with Tomko who cares if Cle never really saw him? I mean he is a 35 year old journey men who worse switched leagues and went to a HR park in Kauffman...cant say I expected him to be that bad but couldnt expect him to be good just because he only pitched once vs them..seeing a pitcher only matters when the guy is a complete unknown otherwise its overused...at 35 Tomko whether yiu seen him or not is not a mystery..Granted Carmona had been hit but very hard? When he is off he tends to allow of singles like Wang does so 3 runs in 6 innings very avg but factor the extra rest where he excels and the fact KC had scored 15 runs past 6 games hard to believe they would suddenly do better then that 3 runs in 6 inn of a year ago even if I agreed Carnona was still a work in progress....Tomkos a # 5 SP on bad team who probably wont last the year in the rotation vs a one of the Top 10 SP in the AL last year..personally I feel you overvalued a 35 yar old journey man fringe SP but I do understand the price was crazy...I think your expectations were to high for him...especially based solely on fading a guy from the NL coming to the AL who wasnt very good to begin with...

Agree we often are rushed for time and we all make mistakes..BOL and keep this up..:shake:

agree. but i gotta ask...did u watch the dodger game? because the box score isn't gonna show how truly poorly they played. they gave this one away...

Yeah Loney's DP in the 7th killed down 5-4 and various other instinces were they had opps...as a LaD backer though the fact Billingsley got hit fairly hard was the key...I didnt expect it so I guess I shouldnt expect to win in that sense...5 runs in 5 innings ...:shake:

Yeah Loney's DP in the 7th killed down 5-4 and various other instinces were they had opps...as a LaD backer though the fact Billingsley got hit fairly hard was the key...I didnt expect it so I guess I shouldnt expect to win in that sense...5 runs in 5 innings ...:shake:

wasn't that bad, by any stretch. in fact, i've never seen such a dominant performance giving up so many runs.
dodgers played horrible defense, w/out really committing errors. plays not made, 2 stand out early...ump blowing a call at 2nd...kemp misjudging an easy out, just b4 the hr...which was really chad's only glaring mistake.

and the dodgers were jsut painful to watch with men on base, especially in scoring position.
and torre still hasn't learned that proctologist doesn't hold games...he ruins your chances at games.

at worst...one correct call at 2nd, and 2 routine plays being made...the dodgers win 4-3. that's at worse...cuz tonight was a gift win for AZ.

Regarding the Dodgers going into the game they were winning 33% of their games after a win and the Diamondbacks were winning 66% after a loss. You just got to watch the Why aspect.

Back