Raptors Revenge?

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
In the discussion thread I saw a few Bucks +9.5 but one thought popped into my mind.

Who remembers the beating the Bucks handed to the Raptors at the beginning of the season, winning 112-85? Perhaps not everyone does, it was only the 4th game of the year (11/07) but it was certainly embarrassing. Why? The Raptors shot 41% compared to the Bucks shooting 60%, and the lead the Bucks had from the get-go. They were shooting nearly 80% midway during the 2nd Q. Bosh, Parker, Bargnani, and Calderon combined for 20 points. The front court for the Raptors Bosh had a total of ONE point. The game was at 17-16 Bucks with just over 5 minutes to play, by the end of the 1Q the Bucks were up 37-23. Bosh may have been injured but the Raptors just let the reserves play that night after getting blown out so quickly and because they were unable to get back into the game. The Raptors were relying on Juan Dixon and Kris Humphries to carry them that night, Kapano was a starter. The team then has a completely different rotation with Moon/Calderon/Delfino getting more PT. The Raptors only had 26 points in the paint and this team averages 41.3 a game, 9th in the NBA. Milwaukee is no defensive powerhouse allowing 101 ppg this year, just an amazing performance by the Bucks.

The scheduling favors the Raptors as well, with the 3 days they had off prior to Boston, then one day off to face the Bucks tonight, with another 3 days off. There is no other game to focus on right now but this one. Just 2 games in 9 days. The Bucks on the other hand are playing a B2B, 4th game in 5 days, and their 5th in 7th, but the only travel they really had to do was to NO. The Bucks are 10-13 on the road, but with a spread of +8 or higher the Bucks hold a 1-9 record. The Raptors haven't been -9 point favs yet, but have done better with medium sized spreads between -5 to -8 with a 10-1 record.

Line is currently -9.5. Honestly don't know these teams all that well so I am reluctant to pull a trigger on a large fav. I would assume the Raptors have kept their first meeting in mind. A four minute span in the 1Q the Raptors were held scoreless and saw their 17-16 deficit turned into a 31-16 deficit and a continuous beating for the 40 remaining minutes.

I haven't made a play on this game, but I am considering the Raptors 1Q, 1H, or for the game. Just wanted to throw this angle out there.

This is in the Milwaukee's favor. Bucks have covered in recent history vs the Raptors. 6-1 in last 7 vs Tor, still eyeing the Raptors though

The 1q definitely seems like a feasible play, as Milwaukee is off a 4q win last night and the early revenge angle presented in their first matchup. Medium play for me, thanks for pointing that out. GL

I just realized that it was only last game that the Raps beat Boston at home.. Might be a potential slow start for both teams? I'd read up on the team mentality right now before making a play on the raps, for they could still be basking in glory.

Nice writeup. I like the Raptors too. I'm a numbers guy so I'll throw some more out there. Raptors have covered the spread in 21 of their 23 wins, with 1 push and 1 loss. Toronto is 11-2 ATS against losing eastern conference teams, 6-0 at home. Toronto has outscored opponents by an average of 100-87.6 in wins. GL if u make a play on this one.

bucks have been playing without redd or without mowill at some point in the past few weeks. this team is gelling. toronto won't even remember revenge as they are still yes basking in glory. i'm on the bucks. good health.

"We're both trying to figure it out," said Redd, referring to his pregame meeting with the coach. "What can we do to adjust the offense and get into a better rhythm than we have been in?
"If we could score over 100 points a game, that would be nice. We were more up-tempo tonight, more loose. Just playing. He really just let me go, let me play, let me loose."
Was Redd referring to himself personally or the team in general?
"Team-wise, overall," Redd said. "And me, too. We just talked about it. How can I get more involved in the game? How to get me in position to do certain things and just go play. Have fun and find ways to score the basketball.
"Tonight and the Phoenix game felt good because we were scoring buckets. That might be the way we have to play. Fast, up-tempo, keep pushing it . . . everybody involved. It was a great feel tonight

copy that from the other site. posted by Breaker

The over might be the play

Those comments would mean a lot more to me if they came after playing teams like Detroit or San Antonio. Indiana and Phoenix are easy to play up-tempo and score points on. They both rank in the top 5 in Pace Factor and give up over 100 points a game. Toronto prefers to slow it down.

I like Renew, but I'm going to wait until half and hope for a cheaper #. Really hoping the 4/5 cathes up with the Bucks in the 2nd half.

GL

Problem for the Raptors is Bargnani's inconsistency. He had a monster game against the Celtics, so he will put up a couple of stinkers the next few games.

yeah tdot, but you also have to give the kid some chance.
played 4 minutes so far, yes lazy start in the first quarter, but that doesnt mean you have to keep him out for the rest of the half.
Mitchell :pillow:

Back