Rams vs. Lions Discussion Thread

What every NFL wanted. How isn’t this game the Monday night game?
I think this will be one of the primetime games.

But, we'll see which one.

Hopefully not Peacock Saturday night. That's when I figured it would be until I realized this is a 'Cock game.

Tremendous storylines, obviously.

Interestingly enough, Staff and Goff stats are nearly identical since the trade.

Rams received a SB.

Lions received a Division Title.

Good breakdown and discussion (also in comments) of Lions' defensive development, which the season-long stats (showing a clearly vulnerable pass defense) conceal. Just saying there's more to it than to say that the Lions' secondary is porous.

Maybe they just matched up well against Denver, to an extent at least?

Rams haven’t struggled running vs anyone. I thought Detroit struggled stopping the run today. Lots to peel back but what a great game to put on Sunday Night. Glad Rams aren’t playing Monday and in a short week if they win.

Ugh, really hope Detroit wins so 9ers get the winner of the 4/5 - two dead franchises/teams in Philly/TB. Rams with so much familiarity at least would warrant me to watch with a smidge of nervous energy, despite Kyle being McVay's daddy.

That's what every team has been trying to do. Lions oline is elite. Top 3 in league.

It's a great OL but Goof is going to goof.

This game is hard to gauge because Lions played maybe 13-14 games as favs being piss competition. 2nd best win of the year was @ Bucs. Team is all over the place... almost beating Cowboys but then being grossly outplayed by 2 pick Nick Mullens (4 picks in that one). I hope they win but I just see stops being hard to come by for them.

Ugh, really hope Detroit wins so 9ers get the winner of the 4/5 - two dead franchises/teams in Philly/TB. Rams with so much familiarity at least would warrant me to watch with a smidge of nervous energy, despite Kyle being McVay's daddy.
Lol.If Kyle doesn’t win a SB, he’ll go to his grave losing the NFC Championship to McVay and McVay ultimately winning the Super Bowl. He can be his daddy all day in the regular season.

Apparently LaPorta's injury is the same that Kelce had earlier this year and he played the same week. LaPorta obviously being much younger as well. I doubt he plays but I think he would be back in the divisional round

Starting to get a feel for the football Lions getting it done.....
Must be because of how good the Lions have performed in this spot? Goff & Campbell return to postseason where they’ve shined? I see this game much like Thanksgiving.

Would have loved an opportunity to play Detroit in an underdog role. This not so much. I think Rams are a great teaser partner this week

Rams only loss since they started 3-6 was at Baltimore in OT. Ravens have been wiping the floor with their opponents including the 9ers at SF. Rams running game has really opened up the play action. Puka set a rookie record for catches and yardage. Kupp has been dinged up with an ankle but has had 2 weeks to heel up. With the circumstances stances surrounding the trade of the 2 QB’s, I love Stafford in this situation. I seen it all too often where Goff will pout if things don’t go well early. Nobody and I mean nobody knows him better than McVay. Let’s not kid ourselves either. Aaron Donald was furious at the choke job in the Super Bowl and missed opportunities vs New England. They stifled the Pats offense while the Rams offense never entered the red zone. Brandon Cooks was WIDE OPEN from the snap and Goff still didn’t see him.
Can Campbell adjust and keep his composure to make the correct decisions in the big moment? He blew that Dallas game because he couldn’t adjust after the 2pt debacle. I’ll say this about that play. Lions reported 70 all game and were setting up to deceive the Cowboys with verbally changing who was eligible. Instead they confused the refs. They lined up in an illegal formation regardless so they screwed that up twice in a crucial 2pt attempt. The 3rd screw up came right after with not adjusting after the chaos to kick the PAT and get his team settled. The reason why Goff was treated the way he was and traded was because of his lack of IQ. You want Goff & Campbell over Stafford & McVay? Good health to you.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say they wiped the floor with San Francisco. They came back after being down most of the game and won by 1 point. I don’t think they even lead in the game until scoring with about 5 minutes left against San Francisco backups. Actually both teams played back ups so I would’ve just left this game out.

I wouldn’t say they wiped the floor with San Francisco. They came back after being down most of the game and won by 1 point. I don’t think they even lead in the game until scoring with about 5 minutes left against San Francisco backups. Actually both teams played back ups so I would’ve just left this game out.
The Ravens wiped the floor with SF. I wasn’t referring to the Rams game.

This game is going to be one of the best of the weekend I think. I can easily see this coming down to the last possession.

This looks like the perfect soap opera entertainment sports event ...No result would shock me here
Overtime bet has value..Picture Perfect soap opera drama that makes the American masses pay for all the streaming services.

I’m riding the Leos. That place will be electric.

It’s time. One time for the CTG Michigan guys. The party is gonna continue boys!!

Leos lotta ways. Old lion vs Young lion….teacher against student

Back