Rams Tid Bits Thus Far

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
What's with all the hype for Michael Sam? I've watched the first preseason game a few times and besides the times the Saints Oline left Sam completely unblocked, he did nothing special. As a matter of fact, he got blown off the line and went the wrong way on a run that came right at him in the 1st half. He spent a lot of time on the ground after getting blocked. Anyone who goes unblocked is going to look good. Give me a break.
Other notes defensively, the Rams run defense got trampled. They missed a lot of tackles which Fish mentioned after the game. We have A LOT of young players in this secondary. Aaron Donald got through the line often although he didnt make many plays.
JL55 and both starting DBs did not play. Overall, I see a bunch of young guns out there figuring out where to be. They'll be fun to watch develop.

Offensively, we have a better backup QB than starter. We have nothing to worry about if Bradford isn't ready or goes down. Shaun Hill was a great offseason acquisition. 6th round draft pick Garrett Gilbert looks to have potential to play in this league. Austin Davis played well also at QB. If you're wagering on the Rams in preseason, these QBs should hold their own playing in the 2nd half.
We have Zach Stacy and Bennie Cunningham providing a similar style. Both looked real good. The guy I'm excited about is Tre Mason. We have a Matt Forte type RB. The running game could be special behind Long, Robinson, Wells, Saffold and Barksdale. I really like what saw from Robinson who played Guard and LT on Friday. He's extremely powerful and opens up big time holes. It's unreal how many average to good WRs we have. Nothing special. Britt didn't see any balls. Britt, Quick and Cooks give us good size in the red zone. T Austin should assume more of a Danny Amendola role. Givens played with the 3rd stringers and looked out of rhythm to me. Dropped a ball and looked bad doing so.
Rams have been a low IQ team for the last decade with little talent. They seem to have improved in both areas.

LOOK OUT FOR TRE MASON GUYS. WOW

I've never seen a QB get praised so much and his team still loses like Bradford. I know he played in only 2 series but again, dump off dump off dump off. When he's 3rd and 11, Sum Badfraud would rather throw it 3 yards and punt, then sack up and throw it to move the chains. It's the same mentality. The Rams won't win in this league with SB8 at the helm. Shaun Hill is better at moving the chains and has more balls.
Rams run defense is horrible.
Fisher wants to play vanilla and maintain the losing mentality. Playing Vanilla last preseason didn't do them a damn bit of good in the regular. I actually think this mention of vanilla is hog wash. They stink. These guys need to use preseason to create a different vibe. There's too much losing going on.
Prams probably have more offensive weapons now than 2/3rds of the NFL and they still can't score more than 7? Shocker

Here are last nights running stats. Too tough to project stats for the season but I would say this, I think the carries are going to be 60% for Stacy. Cunningham who looks real good probably gets 30% and could increase if Stacy falls off or could reduce if Mason becomes the runner I think he is.

RUSHING ATT YDS TD LG
T. Mason 12 30 0 11
B. Cunningham 5 24 0 9
T. Watts 3 19 0 14
Z. Stacy 6 6 0 4
S. Hill 1 -1 0 -1

Something that goes unnoticed in all this Sum Badfraud news is the Jake Long starting and Greg Robinson's benching. Long got beat to allow Bradford to be hit. He had already accumulated a few penalties within the first couple drives. Let's not forget, Long also tore his ACL well after Bradford. Now we have Long trying to protect the blindside?
Bradford came back way too soon when you look at the hit. There really shouldn't have been a torn ACL result. Is Fisher going to subject his LT to re-injuring his ACL like Bradford? More importantly, does he subject Hill getting hammered because their forcing Longs recovery?

All of a sudden, the Rams are in quite a predicament

Shaun Hill and Kurt Warner both played for the Amsterdam Admirals. So there's that.

Tee, I certainly remember the feeling when Trent Green got hurt. I don't have as much the same feeling here because Bradford has done nothing. Hill will provide the same production maybe better. The key, does Hill stay healthy because if he doesn't, say hello to a top 5 pick next year.

Here is a list of QBs in the NFL that Bloodhound provide in his preseason thread. I'm going to play GM and do a process of elimination and see what choices we end up with.

NFL PRESEASON QUARTERBACK ROTATIONS
■ ARIZONA — Carson Palmer, Drew Stanton, Logan Thomas, Ryan Lindley
■ ATLANTA — Matt Ryan, T.J. Yates, Sean Renfree, Jeff Mathews
■ BALTIMORE — Joe Flacco, Tyrod Taylor, Keith Wenning
■ BUFFALO — EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis, Jeff Tuel, Dennis Dixon
■ CAROLINA — Cam Newton, Derek Anderson, Joe Webb
■ CHICAGO — Jay Cutler, Jordan Palmer, Jimmy Clausen, David Fales
■ CINCINNATI — Andy Dalton, Jason Campbell, AJ McCarron, Matt Scott
■ CLEVELAND — Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Tyler Thigpen, Connor Shaw
■ DALLAS — Tony Romo, Brandon Weeden, Caleb Hanie, Dustin Vaughan
■ DENVER — Peyton Manning, Brock Osweiler, Zac Dysert, Bryn Renner
■ DETROIT — Matthew Stafford, Dan Orlovsky, Kellen Moore, James Franklin
■ GREEN BAY — Aaron Rodgers, Matt Flynn, Scott Tolzien, Chase Rettig
■ HOUSTON — Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum, Tom Savage
■ INDIANAPOLIS — Andrew Luck, Matt Hasselbeck, Chandler Harnish
■ JACKSONVILLE — Chad Henne, Blake Bortles, Stephen Morris, Ricky Stanzi
■ KANSAS CITY — Alex Smith, Chase Daniel, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray
■ MIAMI — Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore, Pat Devlin, Brock Jensen
■ MINNESOTA — Matt Cassel, Teddy Bridgewater, Christian Ponder
■ NEW ENGLAND — Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett, Jimmy Garoppolo
■ NEW ORLEANS — Drew Brees, Ryan Griffin, Luke McCown, Logan Kilgore
■ NEW YORK GIANTS — Eli Manning, Ryan Nassib, Curtis Painter
■ NEW YORK JETS — Geno Smith, Michael Vick, Matt Simms, Tajh Boyd
■ OAKLAND — Matt Schaub, Derek Carr, Matt McGloin, Trent Edwards
■ PHILADELPHIA — Nick Foles, Mark Sanchez, Matt Barkley, G.J. Kinne
■ PITTSBURGH — Ben Roethlisberger, Bruce Gradkowski, Landry Jones, Brendan Kay
■ SAN DIEGO — Philip Rivers, Kellen Clemens, Brad Sorensen
■ SAN FRANCISCO — Colin Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert, McLeod Bethel-Thompson, Josh Johnson
■ SEATTLE — Russell Wilson, Tarvaris Jackson, Terrelle Pryor, B.J. Daniels
■ ST. LOUIS — Sam Bradford, Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, Garrett Gilbert
■ TAMPA BAY — Josh McCown, Mike Glennon, Mike Kafka, Alex Tanney
■ TENNESSEE — Jake Locker, Charlie Whitehurst, Zach Mettenberger, Tyler Wilson
■ WASHINGTON — Robert Griffin III, Kirk Cousins, Colt McCoy

NFL PRESEASON QUARTERBACK ROTATIONS
■ ARIZONA — Drew Stanton, Logan Thomas,
■ ATLANTA — T.J. Yates
■ BALTIMORE — Tyrod Taylor,
■ BUFFALO — Thad Lewis, Jeff Tuel, Dennis Dixon
■ CAROLINA — Derek Anderson, Joe Webb
■ CHICAGO — Jordan Palmer, Jimmy Clausen, David Fales
■ CINCINNATI — Jason Campbell, AJ McCarron,
■ CLEVELAND — Tyler Thigpen, Connor Shaw
■ DALLAS
■ DENVER — Brock Osweiler, Zac Dysert,
■ DETROIT — Dan Orlovsky, Kellen Moore,
■ GREEN BAY — Matt Flynn, Scott Tolzien, Chase Rettig
■ HOUSTON — Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum, Tom Savage
■ INDIANAPOLIS — Matt Hasselbeck,
■ JACKSONVILLE — Chad Henne,
■ KANSAS CITY — Chase Daniel, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray
■ MIAMI — Matt Moore,
■ MINNESOTA — Matt Cassel, Christian Ponder
■ NEW ENGLAND — Ryan Mallett,
■ NEW ORLEANS — Ryan Griffin, Luke McCown,
■ NEW YORK GIANTS — Ryan Nassib, Curtis Painter
■ NEW YORK JETS — Michael Vick, Tajh Boyd
■ OAKLAND —Matt McGloin,
■ PHILADELPHIA — Mark Sanchez, Matt Barkley,
■ PITTSBURGH — Bruce Gradkowski, Landry Jones,
■ SAN DIEGO — Brad Sorensen
■ SAN FRANCISCO —
■ SEATTLE — Tarvaris Jackson, Terrelle Pryor, B.J. Daniels
■ ST. LOUIS — Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, Garrett Gilbert
■ TAMPA BAY — Mike Glennon,
■ TENNESSEE — Charlie Whitehurst, Zach Mettenberger, Tyler Wilson
■ WASHINGTON — Kirk Cousins, Colt McCoy

its realistic to think the guys I've eliminated aren't trade bait or are cap unfriendly or just plain stink.

I believe the Rams are going to wait for Saturday and the final cut to see who's available for nothing.

Lets look at the teams that go deep with QBs. Chicago stands out to me. 1 of these 3 should be cut. Palmer, Clausen and Fales. Fales is the only one who can't help our team but could have big upside. I have no clue how he's doing in preseason. KC has some depth. Tee Dub has mentioned Chase Daniels. That's a very good fit being a Missouri guy as well. I mentioned McGloin since he has Schaub and the future QB in Carr in front of him. Schaub is horrible but his experience pushed McGloin down the ladder. There not much immediate backup help out there without a trade.

What Fisher will do is hang his hat on Hill. I would do the same. The key is, if Hill gets hurt. They need a QB who can be ready at least by the bye week which is week 4. Bring someone in by Saturday and they'll have 5 weeks to learn the offense.

I tweeted Chase earlier from a local news guy here, so ya I agree with tee*

Would be a TREMENDOUS get....guy has it, and learned under Drew for years

Cman, its, definitely an overreaction but in my opinion they're not in the same league as Seattle. What I'm seeing a team which is very inexperienced in the secondary. An average LB core with a emerging stud in Olgetree. Offensively an Oline which is very injury prone. Can a 34 year old QB stay healthy over 16 games? Bradford hasnt. I'll be putting future on Seattle for the 2nd consecutive year. I see Seattle winning 2-3 more SB's over the next several years.

■ ARIZONA — Drew Stanton
■ ATLANTA — T.J. Yates
■ BALTIMORE — Tyrod Taylor,
■ BUFFALO — Thad Lewis,
■ CAROLINA —
■ CHICAGO — Jimmy Clausen
■ CINCINNATI — Jason Campbell,
■ CLEVELAND — Tyler Thigpen, Connor Shaw
■ DALLAS
■ DENVER —
■ DETROIT — Kellen Moore,
■ GREEN BAY — Scott Tolzien, Chase Rettig
■ HOUSTON — Case Keenum
■ INDIANAPOLIS — Matt Hasselbeck,
■ KANSAS CITY — Chase Daniel
■ MIAMI — Matt Moore,
■ MINNESOTA — Matt Cassel, Christian Ponder
■ NEW ORLEANS —Luke McGowan
■ NEW YORK GIANTS —
■ NEW YORK JETS — Michael Vick, Tajh Boyd
■ OAKLAND —Matt McGloin,
■ PITTSBURGH — Bruce Gradkowski, Landry Jones,
■ SAN DIEGO —
■ SAN FRANCISCO —
■ SEATTLE —
■ TENNESSEE — Charlie Whitehurst, Tyler Wilson
■ WASHINGTON — Kirk Cousins, Colt McCoy.

lets narrow the list down some more. It's Hill but more importantly his backup is probably going to be Austin Davis. He's knows the system real well being in it for 3 years. 3rd string might as well be Gilbert. I don't see any reason to bring someone in unless Hill gets hurt.

that wager is a huge overreaction to perceived value

Nah, don't think so. A mediocre QB on a solid well rounded team goes down and now only Oak and Jack are longer shots to win the SB. That's an overreaction. I actually like this team better without SB. He costs them as many games as he wins. All I need is an opportunity to hedge it. The beginning of their schedule is reasonable so they can hopefully get off to a decent start. They will likely be favored in 3 of their final 5 games. And who knows what position Sea may be in week 17 - possibly resting starters. Oddsmakers giving teams like Clev, TB, Buff a better chance ... Now that's a joke.

Fwiw I do agree that Bradford loss may not be as damaging to the team as some think, but I don't see them getting through that division with Hill, or any other serviceable qb.

Sorry Lex, had to do it (my wife is a Buff fan too so I follow them pretty closely and actually pull for them vs anyone other than the Steelers). I should have also mentioned that I am down on SF and Arz this year so think the division will not be as good overall as last season.

[
■ ATLANTA — T.J. Yates
■ BALTIMORE —
■ BUFFALO — Thad Lewis
■ CAROLINA — Derek Anderson
■ CLEVELAND — Tyler Thigpen,
■ DALLAS
■ DENVER —
■ DETROIT —Kellen Moore,
■ HOUSTON —
■ INDIANAPOLIS —
■ MIAMI — Matt Moore,
■ MINNESOTA —
■ NEW ORLEANS — Luke McCown,
■ NEW YORK GIANTS —
■ NEW YORK JETS —
■ OAKLAND —Matt McGloin
■ PITTSBURGH — Bruce Gradkowski
■ SAN DIEGO —
■ SAN FRANCISCO —
■ SEATTLE —
■ ST. LOUIS —
.[/QUOTE]

[
■ ATLANTA — T.J. Yates
■ BALTIMORE —
■ BUFFALO — Thad Lewis
■ CLEVELAND — Tyler Thigpen,
■ DALLAS
■ DENVER —
■ DETROIT —Kellen Moore,
■ HOUSTON —
■ INDIANAPOLIS —
■ MIAMI — Matt Moore,
■ MINNESOTA —
■ NEW ORLEANS — Luke McCown,
■ NEW YORK GIANTS —
■ NEW YORK JETS —
■ OAKLAND —Matt McGloin
■ PITTSBURGH — Bruce Gradkowski
■ SAN DIEGO —
■ SAN FRANCISCO —
■ SEATTLE —
■ ST. LOUIS —

Thad Lewis has been cut from the Bills.

Thad Lewis has been cut from the Bills.

Yes. That's why I still have him on the list. In all honesty, they might not pick up anyone. It really depends on how they feel about Davis. They would really have to bring in an established QB to play over Davis, because Davis knows this offense.

Yes. That's why I still have him on the list. In all honesty, they might not pick up anyone. It really depends on how they feel about Davis. They would really have to bring in an established QB to play over Davis, because Davis knows this offense.

Gotcha. He's not on the Bills anymore, so I figured you'd just add a free agents line to the list.

[■ ATLANTA — T.J. Yates
Thad Lewis
■ DETROIT — Kellen Moore,
■ MIAMI — Matt Moore
■ NEW ENGLAND — Ryan Mallett
■ OAKLAND —Matt McGloin,
■ PHILADELPHIA — Mark Sanchez, Matt Barkley
■ TENNESSEE —
■ WASHINGTON — Kirk Cousins

Next off this list is probably Cousins because of 2 reasons. Fish is giving draft Ickes back to Washington and The Redskins would be nuts to trust RG3 staying healthy. [/QUOTE]

Back