Rams Preseason Thread

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
I figured since I follow my team closely during preseason and have less interest following other teams in August, I'd post updates in this thread regarding lineups and anything that could lead me to believe they're interested in playing or not. Here's some big news already heading into the Chargers game.
Rams have second-year quarterback Bryce Perkins and “Duck” Devlin Hodges as the only two healthy quarterbacks heading into the preseason games. Today, the LA Rams’ primary backup quarterback John Wolford had an emergency appendectomy and will be out for two weeks.
It'll be interesting to see which LA team will be motivated to win this game. Rams offense should be anemic in this game. While their depth on D should be formidable. More to come

What are your expectations for this team, wise?
Should be explosive on offense. Added pieces DeShaun Jackson and rookie speedster Tutu Atwell should help. We're very thin at RB. No experience behind Henderson. I like Henderson a lot as an RB who gets chunks of yards. I'd be shocked if they didn't pick up a veteran RB. How quickly will Stafford be in sync with this offense will be something to pay attention to. It took Brady until their bi week last yr.
Defensively they have changed. I can't see them being #1 again. Their run D at MLB will be something to watch. Several new pieces added in the draft defensively.
Stafford and McVay is about as good a match as I could ask for. Could be a special year in LA. Gotta stay healthy

Stafford, eh? After watching that no win dude for 10 plus years, especially against teams that were .500 or better, lose, I will be the first to tell you that when it comes time for him to win a big game, it isn't going to happen. Most overpaid, overrated QB ever who has never won anything and won't. He's 8-67 against teams with winning records. That guy blows!!! Watch him throw an INT and look to the reciever and say "My Bad!" LOL It'll happen. Good Luck this season.

Stafford, eh? After watching that no win dude for 10 plus years, especially against teams that were .500 or better, lose, I will be the first to tell you that when it comes time for him to win a big game, it isn't going to happen. Most overpaid, overrated QB ever who has never won anything and won't. He's 8-67 against teams with winning records. That guy blows!!! Watch him throw an INT and look to the reciever and say "My Bad!" LOL It'll happen. Good Luck this season.
He went to high school with Clayton Kershaw, losing big games can be mutual.

Ever hear of Jim Plunkett?
Fyi, he's not playing for Detroit

Good one. When Stafford is playing any meaningful game, or any team with a winning record, I know who I'm fading. Good Luck this year!
Did you know he leads the NFL in 4th quarter comeback wins since he's been in the NFL? 29 i believe it is.

I haven't heard anything about what San Diego is doing. Yes SD but how do the Rams not get trounced tonight with 35 players not playing?

Not the trouncing I thought would take place vs the Rams. Top 35 on the roster sitting out and dog shit at QB.
Shit game.

The more I watch this team the more I'm concerned. Unsettled at Center. 40 yr old LT. ZERO depth at RB. Starting RB has a cast on his thumb. Little game experience at MLB. Floyd on the edge has an injury. They really don't have another bonafide edge rusher. Safeties are new starters.
This team is starting to pile up injuries and they don't have the depth to maintain.

With a little knowledge of Staffords surroundings, we can clearly see why he couldn't win in Detroit. Nobody is winning with this kind of support.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210825-165413_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210825-165413_Gallery.jpg
    792.2 KB · Views: 3
With a little knowledge of Staffords surroundings, we can clearly see why he couldn't win in Detroit. Nobody is winning with this kind of support.
Stafford is no game manager, regardless of who he has on the field. Good quarterbacks find a way to win. I don't think this guy fits in that category. Maybe, just maybe, he proves a lot of people wrong. I doubt it. GL this season.

Stafford is no game manager, regardless of who he has on the field. Good quarterbacks find a way to win. I don't think this guy fits in that category. Maybe, just maybe, he proves a lot of people wrong. I doubt it. GL this season.
Interesting points. He does lead the active QBs in 4th qrtr comeback wins since he's been in the league. Could mean he's had more opportunities to comeback than others because they're always behind. We'll see soon enough. GL!

Man when I first moved here Jake Plummer was a 4th quarter comeback machine. It was pretty fun to watch.

But if he hadn't fucked about for 3 quarters and put the Cards in a 10-14 point hole there wouldn't need to be a 4th qtr comeback. That's one of the worst stats in the NFL and probably why Rob (Rod?) Parker always called him Stat Padford lol

Man when I first moved here Jake Plummer was a 4th quarter comeback machine. It was pretty fun to watch.

But if he hadn't fucked about for 3 quarters and put the Cards in a 10-14 point hole there wouldn't need to be a 4th qtr comeback. That's one of the worst stats in the NFL and probably why Rob (Rod?) Parker always called him Stat Padford lol
Lol. The comment was Good QBs find a way to win. Didn't he find a way with that 4th qrtr stat?
We have to at least admit, playing for McVay in LA is just a little better than playing with what he had in Detroit. Detroit's futility goes a long way back.

Back