Rams Early Season Thread

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
Ok, after decorating my livingroom with framed Super Bowl pictures of my trip, I have the early itch.
How did the Rams draw Buffalo when they’re playing the AFC West? Why wouldn’t they add a conference game instead? Talk about a bitch of a schedule for the Rams. Bills, both West divisions, at Green Bay, at Bucs, Dallas, at Saints. They do get 9 games at Sofi by playing the Chargers.
Positives. The addition of Allen Robinson is the best acquisition of the offseason. Kupp, AR, Jefferson and possibly late add OBJ is a sick core. 2nd rd 2021 grease lightning WR draft pick Tutu Atwell is returning from injury. The underrated group of this offense is at TE. Higbee yes, but Blanton and Jacob Harris are starting to emerge as receivers.
RB group has Akers, Henderson and draft pick Kyren Williams. Gone is Sony Michel. This RB group is decent enough if the oline is doing its job. All 3 can catch it out of the backfield. Yards seemed hard to come by in the NFC Championship game and SB.
Oline loses Whitworth but backup Noteboom was LT starter ready 3 seasons ago. The interior is the biggest concern. I honestly don’t know how we won the Super Bowl with those 2 guards and center. 1 starting guard has left but this years 3rd rounder from Wisky who gave up 1 sack his whole career is filling in. There’s veteran depth but not elite.
Defensively, does it get better at having 3 levels of AD99, Wagner and Ramsey? DB Troy Hill returns from Cleveland which is Huge. Rams drafted a boat load of DB’s so this is an indication of the turnover coming at this position. Key player to watch is 6’5” 275lb OLB Terrell Lewis from Alabama drafted in the 3rd rd of the 2020 draft. He’s the reason why Von Miller wasn’t a necessity. He’s been injury prone but should be healthy having not played many snaps thus far. 1st rd talent if he’s healthy. Wagner is a tackling dimension in the middle that the Rams haven’t had since London Fletcher. OLB Floyd is Pro Bowl caliber. Depth is good here. 2nd year starter Earnest Jones is a future LB Pro Bowler and should emerge even more with Wagner.
1 DB was lost with Darious Williams but Troy Hill comes in to replace him. Everyone else is back. Rams this year drafted DB’s who like to hit.
Special Teams will have Tutu Atwell as a return threat. PK Matt Yag returns who was money until he tweaked his leg prior to the Bucs playoff game. New Punter comes in to replace legendary Johnnie Hekker.
Bottom line with the Rams will be keeping Stafford clean. McVay has more toys on offense than he knows what to do with. Defensively, pressure off the edges is what Im looking for with T Lewis and Floyd.
Super Bowl winners and losers usually deal with hangovers. Tougher schedules with a much shorter offseasons, plus the mountain having been climbed is apparently tough to overcome.
Vegas has Rams at 10.5 which is spot on. I’ll take 11-6. 5-1 in the division. The loss coming from the 9ers but I can also see a sweep of the Lance led 9ers so maybe the loss coming against Arizona.
I can see
Falcons win
Saints win
Raiders win
Denver win
Chargers win
Dallas win
More to come as I see it. Go Rams!

Last edited:
Back