Rainman is back with trends

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
[FONT=&quot]Hi guys, I have been MIA but now I am back.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I spend a lot of time researching and a lot of time capping. I won't post plays here on this forum because I think it would be cooler to help people make informed decisions by igniting discussion than to just see how I do.

Here are some trends to consider for today's games:

Jharel Cotton is 0-3 with a 5.40 ERA in six career night games compared to 5-0 with a 1.67 ERA in five career day games. The A's play tonight at 10:15 ET. What do you think of the 'over?'

Ariel Miranda is 6-1 with a 3.02 ERA in nine career home starts compared to 2-3 with a 4.98 ERA in seven career road starts. He pitched well against the Indians, who are notoriously bad at hitting lefties. I wouldn't count on a similar let-down from the Phillies, who host the Mariners today. Miranda had been shelled in Oakland and in Houston. What do you think of backing the Phillies and Phillies TT over?

The White Sox are batting left-handed starters with a .826 ops compared to .578 against right-handed starters. They hit finesse with a .755 ops compared to .537 vs power. Their ops is .723 at home compared to .644 on the road. They host the Twins today, who will be led by finesse southpaw Hector Santiago. What do you think of backing White Sox and TT over?

Sabathia is an aging pitcher. He has gotten shelled in his past three outings, with an fip of over 6.7 every time. Look for the Reds to bounce back today. What do you think of the Reds and TT over?

Arrieta's pitching velocity has dropped this year around the board. He played well at home against the Phillies (in terms of fip). But maybe that was because of the Phillies' struggles on the road (.707 ops compared to .786 at home). The Rockies ops is .843 at home, consider Rockies TT over.

Lastly, the Cardinals have been a strong 'over' team. Not just because of their offensive productivity (thirty runs in their past four games), despite injuries, but because of their horrendous bullpen. Shall we go with the 'over?'

Sincerely,
Rainman

[/FONT]

Charlie Morton is 42-43 with a 4.06 ERA at night compared to 7-30 with a 5.68 ERA during the daytime. 27-33 with a 3.62 ERA at home compared to 22-40 with a 5.41 ERA on the road. The Astros have been an awesome RL team. In fact, the RL is 4-0 in Morton's four home starts.

Fade Jered Weaver. 5.51 ERA but 7.44 fip. Best game was a 4.17 fip in Atlanta, fip above 5 in every other game. He is especially vulnerable to home runs. I expect Texas to hit some in warm afternoon San Diego

Hey, If anyone wants a thorough write-up on any individual game, let me know! I basically write essays for a living.

Thanks for posting. Not sure I'd back pelfrey with the chisox. Lean over for sure. Last 8 or so between these 2 have gone under Fwiw.

Ya my bad with Sox. Looked and White Sox batters struggle with Santiago. I think this is an exception as these guys have knocked the likes of Vargas Duffy and Boyd at home (all southpaws). Hey they even hit a righty once pretty good (Tomlin).

I'll be here more often. Decided I didn't want to keep pursuing the tout business. My aim is to help people cash not take their cash.

Back