Quick heads up on Patriots/Raiders game...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Hey guys, wanted to let you know that Patriots QB Matt Cassel's father died yesterday.

The team is already out in California and have the day off today - with Cassel being from the LA area, I would guess he is still going to be a 'go' on Sunday afternoon.

Still, some places have taken the game offline.

Just passing along info. Do with it what you wish.
:cheers:

I have a feeling that he is going to play, but I have no idea how he could mentally be in the game.

I echo Dwight's comments.

Cassel aint Favre, but its doable.

Favre passed for 399 yards and four touchdowns a day after his father's death, moving into second place in NFL history for career TD passes while leading the Packers to a 41-7 victory over the Oakland Raiders on Monday night.

Rough time for sure but would be shocked if he missed. How long has he waited for this opportunity ? He is a FA after the season as well . It's more the mental and emotional aspect . Some guys love the fact they can block it out for awhile and just play ball . Some maybe just dont have the fire that day . Really dont see this factoring into a decision on how the game plays out but thats my opinion .

A good game to Matt Cassel is worth a ton of money and he has 3 left . Already rumblings he will look for Aaron Rodgers money if , get this , NE doesnt franchise him. WHich Rodgers is at 6yrs 65 million and the franchise tag for QBs next year pays 14 million same as Tom Brady gets....things that make you go hmmmmmm..

Dont forget he has a brother we know about Jack Cassel of the Astros who can surely help with the family affairs . Who also happens to be tad older then Matt ...

Surely hope all is as well as it can be at this time for the Cassel family ..

Favre
T.Green

now

Cassell

raiders never get a break.

Rodger Goodell will also be in attentance AMy Trask raiders ceo invited him.

could mean a bunch of things.

Matt Cassel returned to Patriots practice on Thursday after the passing of his father, Greg. According to the Boston Herald, "all indications are Cassel will play on Sunday."

As long as Cassel practicing, there's no reason to think the Pats will turn to rookie backup Kevin O'Connell, although they could probably whoop the Raiders with him too. Greg Cassel's funeral will be held next Monday

Matt Cassel returned to Patriots practice on Thursday after the passing of his father, Greg. According to the Boston Herald, "all indications are Cassel will play on Sunday."

As long as Cassel practicing, there's no reason to think the Pats will turn to rookie backup Kevin O'Connell, although they could probably whoop the Raiders with him too. Greg Cassel's funeral will be held next Monday

:eyes:

Back