Quick advice...

Hmmm...I'd lean Cousins because I think the entire NFC East defense is awful and he'll continually play for a contract

I'm sure it wouldn't be the popular pick amongst those....Carr and Ben are obvious but AFC west has some stellar defense and NFC north can play in some terrible weather. Ben has the weapons though

Anyone put together some good lists of tiers w/ byes and want to share them? :)

I'm just in some local leagues and have no time to get ready and will be drafting in three of them on my phone.

Haha I told my commish to text me the day of the draft because I'll forget undoubtedly...it's a $500 league too but I just don't care all that much anymore to put time into it.

That said I expect to kill the draft.

Haha I told my commish to text me the day of the draft because I'll forget undoubtedly...it's a $500 league too but I just don't care all that much anymore to put time into it.

That said I expect to kill the draft.

Lol. I used to spend weeks making my own rankings all the way through 200 then another list of 15 or so deep sleepers I liked.. Somewhere along the way I realized not necessary as all I need to do is know the guys I value way more than typical rankings list and do a few mocks to figure out what rounds I need to grab them in as late as possible without risking losing them. Pretty typical for me after the 1st 2 rounds to be drafting guys 20-30 spots above avg ADP or common rankings.

Has served me pretty well, incredibly rare I don't make the playoffs in any league I enter . . Like with real life baseball the playoffs a crap shoot once you in so all ya can do is continually put yourself in position. If I had to guess I'd say I've won way more championships as a wildcard than years my team dominated the whole season and got the 1st round bye..

Reactions: KJ
Hmmm...I'd lean Cousins because I think the entire NFC East defense is awful and he'll continually play for a contract

I'm sure it wouldn't be the popular pick amongst those....Carr and Ben are obvious but AFC west has some stellar defense and NFC north can play in some terrible weather. Ben has the weapons though

As a 2 Ben not great unless his home games line up w your 1s bye or really bad matchup weeks. Huge drop off for his fantasy production on the road, you can prob find more points on waivers that week.. pretty much same w stafford if he in a dome week your 1 is off you good but if not you can find just as much production with a guy between 20-30 w good matchup.

I agree it cousins, I rolled w him as my 1 last year. Doubt I'd feel great about that early this season due to all his wr turnover but I'm sure once they all get in sync he will put up qb one numbers practically every week.

Kinda rare for me to even draft 2 qbs unless I get caught not having one when guys start taking their second qb!! and I get stuck having to try and piece together 1 solid qb with several guys playing matchups. Years I'm convinced I got a top 10 qb I'll never waste the bench spot on a backup I'm gonna use once when I could be stashing a potential difference maker later in the year!

Reactions: KJ
Anyone put together some good lists of tiers w/ byes and want to share them? :)

I'm just in some local leagues and have no time to get ready and will be drafting in three of them on my phone.

Best advice, ignore byes. Sometimes that leaves me incredibly short for one week but my goal is always "7 wins gets me in" so I rather dump a week than alter my lineup simply to stagger bye weeks. Not worst thing in the world having 4-5 guys all get it over with at one time. I never even know the situation till after draft and I see a whole bunch of 7s or 11s or whatever staring at me. Lol

Lol. I used to spend weeks making my own rankings all the way through 200 then another list of 15 or so deep sleepers I liked.. Somewhere along the way I realized not necessary as all I need to do is know the guys I value way more than typical rankings list and do a few mocks to figure out what rounds I need to grab them in as late as possible without risking losing them. Pretty typical for me after the 1st 2 rounds to be drafting guys 20-30 spots above avg ADP or common rankings.

Has served me pretty well, incredibly rare I don't make the playoffs in any league I enter . . Like with real life baseball the playoffs a crap shoot once you in so all ya can do is continually put yourself in position. If I had to guess I'd say I've won way more championships as a wildcard than years my team dominated the whole season and got the 1st round bye..

The draft is everything to us in this league, there are rarely trades if ever and I'm not convinced anyone really cares lol....there are ten teams this season so the talent pool will be a bit deeper but we don't even have playoffs. It's anywhere from 9-0 to 0-9 each week based on score and cumulative record all the way through week 17. Award structure is 65/25/10 and every transaction is 10 to add/10 to drop so that pool can get up there...1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR/TE (no TE required), 1 flex, 1 DE/ST and a kicker....what sucks imo is the DE/ST only get points from scoring/turnovers/safeties (which should be worth more than 2 points in fantasy) but the strategy of drafting a defense is truly just guess work.

Defense a total crap shoot year to year. I generally just try to pick one w better than avg special teams and easiest schedule I can find the 1st couple weeks. After that just depends, if that d has showed potential to score points I might stick w it, if not I'll dump them soon as schedule gets harder and try and find another off waivers w some favorable matchups..

Interesting format, kinda ruins my general philosophy of playing to get 7 wins or more in 13 week reg season.

1 that I do solely cause the draft live between lot of old friends and it a blast. Nobody ever trades in that league either and the few times guys have tried the vetos rain down with quickness. Lol.

Oh it's unique, doubt many people have to plan for week 17 in the draft like I do, it's can be worth a ton of money

Back