question

braves

Pretty much a regular
Why did pop take out parker during one of those final possesions last night?

Mind boggling to me

And of course pop didnt answer y

Yup I agree braves, a head scratcher. The only things I could think of were 1) Parker was completely gassed. He looked that way at the end of game 6 too. Or 2) he was mentally taken out of his game by LBJ guarding him and maybe he said something to Pop?

I guess there also could be a 3) Pop just fucked up. I have to say that in all my years watching that team from afar(Lakers fan) this series was probably the worst coaching job I've ever seen from Pop.

U cant justify it, at.the very least he is a decoy and heat have to.pay attn to him...awful

A better question would be why did Pop continue to put the ball in Manu's hands when he was a complete disaster

Agree with that too CAP. It was just very strange to me to see a team with such a huge coaching advantage basically choke away two straight games in crunch time where the Heat were almost handing it to them on a silver platter.

im assuming the rationale was to stretch the floor with a bunch of 3 point shooters so miami cant help down and the paint will be open for an easy bucket in the paint via the 2 man game

but running it with ginobili instead of parker was pretty weird. that said TP played like shit last night but ginobili did too so i dunno

its amazing as shitty as the spurs played and as well as bron and wade played the game was that close.

He messed up. He kept going to manu over and over and over again.... the guy with the worst +/- in the entire series. There is no justification for it other than he messed up. Every move he made blew up in his face the last two games. Put in another crap lineup to start fourth and was again hit with a Miami run. Too tired to play the last thirty seconds of a game 7??? That can't be it ... Pop was outcoached ... no ifs ands or buts about it. Pop was arrogant as all hell .... puts in the shit lineup to start fourth in game 6 and gets burned by it ... does basically the same thing in game 7 ( Magic called him on it ) and gets burned again.... takes Duncan out for key possession at end of game 6 ( incidentally he has been shooting FT's well all year ) and the heat get an offensive rebound and james hits a three. He then arrogantly does the same thing and the heat get another offensive rebound for the allen three. Arrogance. He then removes Parker in game six and Manu ( while fouled ) takes their last possession ...and then he does it again in game 7 with manu turning it over this time. The man went back to the same bag of tricks that we all knew was silly the first time he did each in game 6. Love the guy but you have to call it like it is .. he messed up.

Great post vk.

Do you think duncan quickly comimg back in at the start of the fourth was pop, or do.you think duncan told him to.put him back in?..

Players of parkers stature also gota speak up, and demand to be put in..jordan , kobe or lebron would, then again hard to imagine another coach keeping parker out

im assuming the rationale was to stretch the floor with a bunch of 3 point shooters so miami cant help down and the paint will be open for an easy bucket in the paint via the 2 man game

but running it with ginobili instead of parker was pretty weird. that said TP played like shit last night but ginobili did too so i dunno

its amazing as shitty as the spurs played and as well as bron and wade played the game was that close.

It was all because of Leonard..

He messed up. He kept going to manu over and over and over again.... the guy with the worst +/- in the entire series. There is no justification for it other than he messed up. Every move he made blew up in his face the last two games. Put in another crap lineup to start fourth and was again hit with a Miami run. Too tired to play the last thirty seconds of a game 7??? That can't be it ... Pop was outcoached ... no ifs ands or buts about it. Pop was arrogant as all hell .... puts in the shit lineup to start fourth in game 6 and gets burned by it ... does basically the same thing in game 7 ( Magic called him on it ) and gets burned again.... takes Duncan out for key possession at end of game 6 ( incidentally he has been shooting FT's well all year ) and the heat get an offensive rebound and james hits a three. He then arrogantly does the same thing and the heat get another offensive rebound for the allen three. Arrogance. He then removes Parker in game six and Manu ( while fouled ) takes their last possession ...and then he does it again in game 7 with manu turning it over this time. The man went back to the same bag of tricks that we all knew was silly the first time he did each in game 6. Love the guy but you have to call it like it is .. he messed up.

Hard to argue against any of this.. Pop cost his team a NBA finals championship.

He then removes Parker in game six and Manu ( while fouled ) takes their last possession

It would possibly seem, in hindsight, the worst thing to happen to the Spurs was Ginobli hitting that late OT game winner against Golden State. That - in light of the way Pop dealt with him after that - suggests that that moment reenergised Pop's belief in him, in the fact he wasn't over the hill (which he is/was). So who is to say when Pop used him in G 6, as highlighted by VK, the thing he had in mind at the time was "he can do here what he did to Golden State, he just has to be given the chance." Because what did he do at any other point in the playoffs that was big except play well in Game 5 & that big shot vs GS?

And devil's advocate has to note MG had the highest +/- of any Spurs player in Game 7 (+6).

Back