Putting the undefeated record on the line.....

• Thread starter Thread starter PooPooStinks
  • Start date Start date
P

PooPooStinks

4-0 for the 2007 year for +6 Units!!!!
Going with the big namers tonight as I see them keeping the streak alive....And the poop man having a big big big night:shake: !!!!!

Kobe OVER 30pts @-120 (Pinny)
2 Units
Kobe owns the Kings. In fact in 4 meetings last season he only failed to break the 30 point plateua 1 time. Now add in the fact that he is on the late night TNT nationally televised game and Gilbert Arenas (who he ripped a few weeks ago after a loss to the Wiz) was named Eastern Conf. Player of the Month challenge Kobe's own Western Conf. Player of the Month award and I think Kobe decides to show just who still is the best player on the planet. Add in the fact that the Lakers have just finished an extended road trip and have not played in 07 with the new "old" ball and I think everything adds up to a big night for Kobe. He is rested which should help a lot, in fact this is the most rest he has had between games this season. Don't get squimesh if Kobe comes out a tad slow (although he could come out on fire) but I feel as the game goes on and the comfortable feel of the leather ball comes back expect Kobe to begin to take over and put up a lot of shots tonight.

Dirk OVER 24.5pts @-119 (Pinny)
2 Units
Plain and simple logic here.
a) I expect this game to be low scoring with Dirk having to carry the load offensively.
b) Pacers absolutely have no answer for Dirk. That is why he has owned them for several years now. Jackson and Harrington are too small (he will post them up and get to the line) and O'Neal is too slow to guard him on the perimeter.
c) Look over the past 4 seasons at Dirks point production against the Pacers :)

Mike Bibby OVER 5.5assists @-166 (Pinny)
4 Units
:smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe:
Should be the easiest winner in props we will have all season. There does seem to be an ankle issue with Bibby but he played in the Kings last game vs. NYK and he played well.
Don't worry about the injury as if Bibby plays he will be fine, if he is injured he won't play IMO. In other words I don't think we have to worry about Bibby coming out to start the game and then deciding 5 minutes in he can't go like a football player might.
I could go into a million reasons why this is such a strong play, but just trust me when I tell you that there is absolutely no reason why this play won't be a winner by the mid 3rd quarter!!!!!:shake:

Good luck and we are going to :spank: our books tonight!!!!!

Poop

Still undefeated hey, I should of jumped ship yesterday lol.
Kobe and Bibby look really good!!
Dirk should be right in the ball park.

Good Luck Stink

MX_259 said:
Still undefeated hey, I should of jumped ship yesterday lol.
Kobe and Bibby look really good!!
Dirk should be right in the ball park.

Good Luck Stink

What do you mean when you say "I should of jumped ship yesterday"???
I don't think I understand what you are meaning.

Good Luck

MR.RIP said:
Is this guy full of himself or what?

:smiley_acbe:

Looks like the streak is gonna end with Dirk tonight.
I knew something was wrong when Avery took him out with 8 minutes to go in 2nd quarter and didn't put him back in until there was 1 minute to go in a game Dallas was losing.
Then he comes out in 3rd quarter and doesn't even take a shot!!!
I was wondering what was going on and then the announcers of the game just let on that Dirk has come down with another sinus infection or something (guy has been sick for like 2 weeks now) and wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him the rest of the way. :moose:

Maybe we will get lucky and Dirk will come out and decide to play the 4th and somehow put up 13 late points to pull out a miracle!!!!

Ray said:
You seems to fail math in school.

How is that exactly????
He has 12 points, if he puts up 13 in the fourth the last time I checked 12+13=25

The play was OVER 24.5

Am I missing something????
Or were you just trying to be cute and made an ass out of yourself???
Just wondering

Go and check your records.. You bet 1.5u on a -173 line and you counted as 1.5u won..In fact, you do this on all your bets.

Ray said:
Go and check your records.. You bet 1.5u on a -173 line and you counted as 1.5u won..In fact, you do this on all your bets.

Ray,
Have you ever bet on sports before???
Let me explain real slowly here so you can understand....
If you have any questions make sure and raise your hand and I will stop and try to clarify how this works ok...

For example:
Lets pretend I make a play for 1.5 units and the line is -173 and for educational sake lets pretend my units are valued at $100 per unit.

In this case I would lay $173 x 1.5 (units) which would equal= $259.50 to win $150.

So if the bet wins it is a +1.5 Units and if it loses it would be a -2.595 Units. Understand???

Now I'll give you a practice question and lets all see if your math is any better than your spelling.
If you make a play on a -150 play and it is a 2 unit play, how many units would you lose if the play lost? How many units would you win if the play won?

Good Luck

"You seems to fail math in school." Oxymoron??? Or no oxy?

2 Units :down: -2.38 Units

Dirk didn't have a bad game (ended with 20) but after scoring 12 through the early part of the 2nd quarter he then went on not to score until the 4th quarter. Something about a nagging sinus infection but it is no excuse. The play was a loser, plain and simple...

What scares me is that Kobe has decided not to shoot tonight. Only attempting 1 field goal attempt through the 1st quarter. Maybe the streak of winning nights is over:hairout:

Maybe we can still turn things around though....
We shall see!!!!!

Yah..may be my math is bad. Can you explain me a little about how you calculated this ?

Mark Blount OVER 11 POINTS @-145 (PINNY)
4 Units
Thumbs%20Down.gif

Thanks Mark Blount for going 1-8 from the field and missing 5 tip-ins/3 footers/dunks. You get us 6 points from the free throw line as you get there for 8 attempts and we don't get to the 11 number??? If you would have guaranteed me that we would get to the stripe 8 times I would have borrowed money to bet on this play. What a :moose: job once again. Thanks so much Mark for starting my Christmas season off right. 1 for farking 8 huh??? Azzhole.

"Wrong Rim" Ricky OVER 15 Points @-108 (Pinny)
1.5 Units
Thumbs%20Down.gif

Pathetic piece of diahrea pick this was, just like the player it was based on. Ditto as above 1-8 from the field and how about not 1 freaking free throw you wasted piece of shart no talent bastard. Never and I mean ever ever ever ever again will I ever put one red nickel on any "Wrong Rim" Ricky props again. I apologize for this pathetic excuse of a play. I thought Davis was ready to start being professional and showing up on a nightly basis but I was way way off. Guy is a freaking slasher and doesn't get to the line one time??? It shows he was just going through the motions.

SORRY ALL, THIS WAS DISGUSTING!!

-6.05 UNITS FOR THE NIGHT:drink:

Happy Holidays...

Poop
<!-- / message -->

Ray said:
Yah..may be my math is bad. Can you explain me a little about how you calculated this ?

Mark Blount OVER 11 POINTS @-145 (PINNY)
4 Units
Thumbs%20Down.gif

Thanks Mark Blount for going 1-8 from the field and missing 5 tip-ins/3 footers/dunks. You get us 6 points from the free throw line as you get there for 8 attempts and we don't get to the 11 number??? If you would have guaranteed me that we would get to the stripe 8 times I would have borrowed money to bet on this play. What a :moose: job once again. Thanks so much Mark for starting my Christmas season off right. 1 for farking 8 huh??? Azzhole.

"Wrong Rim" Ricky OVER 15 Points @-108 (Pinny)
1.5 Units
Thumbs%20Down.gif

Pathetic piece of diahrea pick this was, just like the player it was based on. Ditto as above 1-8 from the field and how about not 1 freaking free throw you wasted piece of shart no talent bastard. Never and I mean ever ever ever ever again will I ever put one red nickel on any "Wrong Rim" Ricky props again. I apologize for this pathetic excuse of a play. I thought Davis was ready to start being professional and showing up on a nightly basis but I was way way off. Guy is a freaking slasher and doesn't get to the line one time??? It shows he was just going through the motions.

SORRY ALL, THIS WAS DISGUSTING!!

-6.05 UNITS FOR THE NIGHT:drink:

Happy Holidays...

Poop
<!-- / message -->

Obviously the total should have been -7.42 Units!!!
I am not ruling out you editing this post to not make yourself look a fool, but if this was not manipulated then somehow a mistake was obviously made unintentionally. I still am not quite sure why out of the blue you all of a sudden pop up and start questioning my record, but on every single post I make, I go back (WIN OR LOSE) and total up my plays for the night whether it be + or -.

How about all the other threads there boss??? You gonna start doing math for every thread made now to make sure noone makes a mistake???
It is obvious that I don't try to mislead anyone as there are numerous posts where I have graded all my wagers for everyone to see.
If you don't like my threads or the way I grade the wagers why don't you just stay out???

Sound Good Mr. Math Patrol?????

Back to the plays at hand....

Could be a very ugly night, but there is still some hope to turn it around.
Kobe put up 18 in 2nd quarter but Bibby can't get a teammate to make a shot and ended the half with only 1 assist. To make matters worse Lakers are up 20 early in 3rd so both Bryant and Bibby could be done very soon unless the Kings start mounting a comeback.

We are not out of this just yet....
Kobe no points in 3rd yet but Kings making a run and Bibby has 4 assists a little past midway through 3rd. He just had a pass to Abdur-Raheem hit a long outside shot on but it looks as if they are not crediting Bibby with an assist here as Abdur made a quick little pass-fake before he shot the ball even though he never dribbled or paused while going into a shooting motion...In other words I have seen a lot more questionable assists be given to Nash and others....
Hopefully this will not cost us...

Poop

Shareef is killing us....
He just missed a layup on a fast break that would have given Bibby 5 assists and would have cut the lead to 9...
Now Thomas misses a layup...
WTF KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if Bibby will win this Prop but he is playing out of his mind!!!!

BTW...
I don't think KOBE is wanting to score in odd numbered quarters!!!!!
No points in 1st, 18 in 2nd, 0 in 3rd (thus far)....
Hope we don't get the dreaded :moose: in this one!!!!

The Bibby play was def the right side....
Win or Lose!!!!!!!!!!!!

F YOU Shareef
F YOU Kenny Thomas
F YOU Corliss Williamson

3 straight blown layups all off passes from Bibby in last 3 minutes!!!!

You are nothing but just an attention whore..No wonder you got into P-Box at Covers Period..The more you post the more you are making yourself like a clown.

After 3 we are looking pretty good IMO on both of these although the BIBBY play should be at or about 8 assists right now. Kobe scored a few points at the end of the 3rd and the game is down to a 7 point game.
Sactown is running a lot of pick and rolls with Bibby so if a couple of Kings can make a layup or a wide open 15 footer or 2 we should get this one!!!!!

Ray,
Please don't respond in my threads anymore.
Thanks

Bibby with 5 assists with 4.5 to go in game...
Had one that he wasn't credited with and what do you know....Corliss misses another layup that would have been number 6 for Bibby:hairout:

OMG>>>>>>
Another missed layup by Corliss
Bibby should have 10+ assists right now :hairout:

:hairout: :moose: :hairout: :moose: :hairout: :moose: :hairout:
Got the ole Moose job on the Bibby prop.
Had at least 2 assists not credited to him that I say and had at least 5 missed layups by his teammates!!!!

Had a good chance for OT but Kobe didn't get a call, so the bet is a loser....

To Recap a very brutal night.....

Well hold on....
Lakers should get a 3 off for a chance to tie here...

Oh my....
Now they could win with a 3...
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are going to OT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE still have a chance if a King can make a shot!!!!

Come on Kings make a shot....
2 more missed wide open shots from Bibby...

OH WAIT!!!
THERE IT IS BABY!!!!!!!!:wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka: :wacka wacka:

Corliss actually made a dunk from Bibby and that will do it folks!!!!
After a terrible start and Dirk falling ill again and limiting his minutes and offensive effectiveness we still finish with a winning night!!!!:shake:

Here is the recap for those of you that enjoy checking people's math...:

Kobe OVER 30pts @-120 (Pinny)
2 Units :wacka wacka:

2 Units :down:

Mike Bibby OVER 5.5assists @-166 (Pinny)
4 Units :wacka wacka:

2-1 For the Night For a Total of:
+3.62 Units!!!!!

Brings the 2007 record to:

6-1 For +9.62 Units:cheers:

Good Luck All

I was joking by saying that I should have jumped ship or pimped your bets, (followed you on them because you said you were on a winning streak)

I did take Kobe over the points (30 for 1 unit), yeah the 1st was scoreless, I wasn't worried you know the guy will blossom. He and Garnett are so fun to play on overs because they do so much damage in the fourth quarter, so when it looks like the fourth is beginning and a player will not cover the over, in the fourth quarter you can never really count Kobe or Garnett out.

Good Luck tommorrow.

MX_259 said:
I was joking by saying that I should have jumped ship or pimped your bets, (followed you on them because you said you were on a winning streak)

I did take Kobe over the points (30 for 1 unit), yeah the 1st was scoreless, I wasn't worried you know the guy will blossom. He and Garnett are so fun to play on overs because they do so much damage in the fourth quarter, so when it looks like the fourth is beginning and a player will not cover the over, in the fourth quarter you can never really count Kobe or Garnett out.

Good Luck tommorrow.

I guess I am confused by what you were joking about...
You joked saying "I shoulda jumped ship, etc."
Yet my plays are still on fire????

Good Luck

Thank Goodness Kobe turned it on....

Ray said:
You are nothing but just an attention whore..No wonder you got into P-Box at Covers Period..The more you post the more you are making yourself like a clown.

Take it easy Ray. Who gives a shit what happened at Covers? I don't see this as being an attention whore. He's being a fan and rooting for his plays. There's nothing wrong with that. He's posting picks and facts to back it up. He's gotta pretty good record, let him gloat.

:10_4_6:

You took me the wrong way dude, just saying I should have started following your plays yesterday, onto today, tommorrow and so on.

But obviously everbody plays their own game and places their own bets, and it's not likely that someone is going to want to follow anothers bet because they could lose.

I guess to simplify it: it's not likely I would follow another bettor, but I joked about it becuase you are "hot" hitting your plays and if I would of followed I would have been winning. Not saying in anyway, shape or form that you are going cold or losing bets, just hey damn, if I would of followed your bet... I could of won some money with you.

I agreed with your picks and played Kobe, sorry if you took it as somewhat of a negitive post it was not meant to be, I will becareful to make sure I am not missunderstood in the future, sorry about any uneccasary emotions/anger.

Good Luck to us tommorrow.

I think it's just a misunderstanding. MX's phrase "Still undefeated hey, I should of jumped ship yesterday lol." had me a little confused as well, as "jump ship" means to leave your job or move from one situation to another, or when extended to betting, to stop following and/or fade. PooPoo, he simply meant he should have jumped on board with your plays.

Nice hit with Bibby tonight, though Williamson was painful to watch.

MX-259:
Hey buddy we are cool.
I hope everyone is making money. It was just confusing but I understand what you meant now.
After that terrible start for Kobe, we got that one pretty easily.
I guess that is the one thing that brings so much value to making prop OVER plays on Superstars scoring...They can get 20 in any given quarter which in most cases is going to lead to a winning wager.

Guys lets all make some money and make January the start of a great 2007 in sports.

Oh and if you see a guy named Mr.Rip on here don't listen to anything he says about me. He is some crazed stalker fan of mine that follows me from site to site. The guy wanted my autograph at the WSOP last year and for some reason I decided to give it to him and he has never left me alone since. :smiley_acbe:

Ray said:

Oh, so your the crazed poker guy that kept sending autographed photos of himself to my house. I didn't every think we would ever get you kicked out of covers. Everybody this is a crazed and sick individual. :down:

West Coast said:
Take it easy Ray. Who gives a shit what happened at Covers? I don't see this as being an attention whore. He's being a fan and rooting for his plays. There's nothing wrong with that. He's posting picks and facts to back it up. He's gotta pretty good record, let him gloat.
if everyone did this shit it would become covers. there are plenty of good posters here who don't gloat over their winnings. I completely disagree with you west coast. sure he can post his picks with facts but he doesnt have to update his thread each time someone misses a basket. all his threads are just begging for you to look at them, each and every day with "Locks, Winners INSIDE". I'm agree he's done well but he wants plenty of attention and we are just feeding it right now by even posting on his thread, sadly enough. just my 2 cents and now you can call me an asshole or whatever you feel like.

renew orleans said:
if everyone did this shit it would become covers. there are plenty of good posters here who don't gloat over their winnings. I completely disagree with you west coast. sure he can post his picks with facts but he doesnt have to update his thread each time someone misses a basket. all his threads are just begging for you to look at them, each and every day with "Locks, Winners INSIDE". I'm agree he's done well but he wants plenty of attention and we are just feeding it right now by even posting on his thread, sadly enough. just my 2 cents and now you can call me an asshole or whatever you feel like.

I disagree with your anaylsis here renew orleans.
You say I gloat over my winnings as if I don't give the same type of attention to my losers. You can go through all my threads and see that at the end of each night I give the same attention/analysis, in an attempt not to "gloat" but to see where I made mistakes (in order to correct them) and where I was on the right track (in order to continue on that path).
You say all my threads are just begging for you to look at them but again are completely false in your statement as I have NEVER EVER said I had a selection that was a "LOCK". Check for yourself. I may have had one that said "Winners Inside" one time or two but that is just positive thinking (something you may need to try). The only time LOCK has ever come from me was during a few football games around the New Year holiday where I was "joking/kidding/reverse jinxing" during in-game conversation about the OTHER team being a LOCK than the team I actually needed for the win. Never have I gave a pick that I said was a LOCK!!!!
As far as your comment about me updating my thread "everytime someone misses a basket", I think that is exactly what this place needs some in-game threads....
One of the best qualities of these forums are the in-game threads IMO. CTG has a few of them in the college football occasionally and I have tried/offered to give in-game updates on a couple of college games that weren't offered nationally but that I had on local television but it seemed there wasn't enough interest.
I know personally I get more info and enjoyment out of the ingame threads than anything else at other sites.
That is all I wanted to convey and wish you luck this season.
And it is really simple if you don't like my threads don't look at them.

Good Luck
Poop

Poop, feel free to start an in-game thread and give updates. Just because people aren't posting doesn't mean they aren't reading it. At the end of the night, we'll move it to the in-game forum.

If you're looking for in-game threads in general, then look there because that's where they are sometimes found.

Now, as for this other stuff.....

this is why we locked up the LOCK threads. It isn't that YOU are causing the problem exactly or that YOU have done anything wrong. It's that the style of self-promotion or come look at my thread titles sometimes gets this sort of reaction from folks. I'm not calling you an attention whore, and I'm not closing this thread as a punishment.

I'm closing it because we don't want this sort of drama in the forums...and the previous closings were to avoid this stuff to begin with.

:shake:

Couple Things

- Relax, it's about making money. Before you get upset with someone make sure you understand what they are saying.

- Mr. Rip, posts like yours will get you kicked off of this site faster than you can blink. Your only warning.

- Don't call anyone out personally (ie you failed math/english at school/full of himself)

- If you have a problem with someone's record, PM them. I don't want to see another person called out about a record. People make honest mistakes. It happens. At the same time we don't want people promoting inflated records. If you notice something that is "out of whack" and can't work with that poster to fix it, contact one of us partners/super moderators and we'll deal with it.

- PooPoo does have a point that if you don't like what someone has to say you don't need to read it. There's a few people's threads you'll never see me in, just like some people won't read/comment in my stuff. We asked poopoo to avoid the "lock" type stuff and the self promotion as we've been down this path before.

- If a person wants to do an ingame in there own thread or keep things updated, there's no harm in that. If they want to start a new thread for an ingame in either that sports forum or in the ingame forum that's fine. Eventually all ingame threads are moved to the ingame forum (at the completion of games).

I'm going to unlock this thread, if anyone has anything to say that is productive or would like something cleared up please go ahead. If you're looking to cause trouble or further make this thread into something that already makes me sick, I don't care who you are, you're be gone for some amount of time.

haha i like this poo guy. I think its a little funny that he starts freaking out midway through the first half, already crying about mooses etc. Oh well.. Keep up the good work

abcs said:
haha i like this poo guy. I think its a little funny that he starts freaking out midway through the first half, already crying about mooses etc. Oh well.. Keep up the good work

- Here's another example of a backhanded, trying to cause trouble, type of comment that is not tolerated on CTG

If I didn't already ban abcs once for a week for doing this type of thing and knowing he's kidding with this comment or I'd ban him again. (cough cough)

crack that whip...give that ass a slap

too much drama. best part about Fondy's post above is to "relax." this ain't covers, and will never be covers.
jsut chill and enjoy...and try to make a little money doing it.

Fondy,
Thanks for coming to bat for me.
I never bash anyone and usually stick to my threads so that I don't annoy anyone with my ingame pulling of my hair out.
FYI: MR.RIP is a personal friend of mine. I know you couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't be able to know that but our barbs are in jest (much like Killa & billivy) and are totally harmless.
I never did understand what the big deal was with my in-game updates (esp. in my own threads).
This Ray guy (Mod) really seems to have a sour attitude. I have looked back at several of his posts/replies in an assortment of threads and he makes plenty of the "backhanded, trying to cause trouble, type of comment that is not tolerated on CTG" that you were warning abcs about.
I'm sure he must be somewhat of a friend of yours as he is a Mod I guess but completely out of the blue he comes in my thread and begins questioning my integrity by claiming that I don't count my wins and losses correctly. Then curses at me.
I just wonder if that is the type of behavior a mod on this site is expected to exhibit???
I ask you to go back and examine his first few comments in this thread. What good could have come about from his comments?
As far as the ingames I just try to have fun with "sweating" the games out. As I have said several times already...If people don't like the ingames or the way I do them in my own thread then why do they waste their time in my thread???
I don't always do ingames as sometimes I am not available but when I do have the opportunity I will continue to post updates periodically in my threads when I decide to.

Good Luck in 07

Poop

I think PooPoo is funny too, hes just a little rowdy, and I like that...'an_horse'

Keep that poo poo poopin

Back