Put me on the court and I'm trouble..

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date
A

abcs

(3 - 0 +6 units)
Was waiting on that Heat line, but the greek was late. Lost all value + the whole world is on it now. Miami has some nice young pieces I wouldn't be surprised to see them win.
Tonight lets head up to the North West. Portland doesn't have much talent, but they have a lot of even talent.. in their first 11.

Coach Nate McMillan said he plans to play 11 guys tonight.
Starting five: Jarrett Jack, Steve Blake, Travis Outlaw, LaMarcus Aldridge and Joel Przybilla.
Second unit: Sergio Rodriguez, Martell Webster, James Jones, Channing Frye and Raef LaFrentz.
And McMillan said Taurean Green, the rookie out of the University of Florida who has been extremely impressive in training camp, also will see time.

Notes from McMillan's pregame meeting with reporters:
*Jones (sore knee) and Aldridge (hip pointer and sore knee) will not be limited by injuries.

*McMillan said he does not have a preset playing rotation and does not plan to limit any particular player's minutes.
*McMillan said he was eager to see his young team play and even mentioned that he was just as excited as the fans to see what kind of group he has. And even though preseason games typically mean very little, McMillan seems to be putting some stock into his team's seven upcoming exhibition matchups.
"For this team, it would be good to win games," McMillan said. "It's not a veteran team that will play itself into shape. It's not the end of the world if we don't win, but it would be a confidence builder for these guys if we do win some games."
*One of the team's biggest position battles is taking place at small forward. And although Outlaw will start tonight, that does not mean he's secured the starting job for the season. McMillan said he plans to insert Outlaw, Webster and Jones in the starting lineup at different times throughout the preseason.
Speaking of Outlaw, McMillan plans to play him at small and power forward -- just as he did last season -- and envisions Outlaw seeing the majority of his power forward minutes when Przybilla is on the floor at center.
*One of the more intriguing things to keep an eye on is how often Aldridge and Frye see the floor together. The duo could complement each other offensively and their athleticism could pose matchup problems for opponents. Of course, there's defense, too ...
Portland Trailblazers -3(-110) at the greek Risking 2 units

Not overly confident in this one!

Gl, bud.

The whole world is on NO, but theres a good middle for people who got the line early.

Goodluck, I may go to the game tonight if everything works out. I'll probably put a small number on it as well.

Its a shame Oden is hurt, howeva if they suck this year they can get a pg maybe derrick rose.

Rose
Webster
Roy
Aldridge
Oden

With outlaw off the pine.. By the way what in the world is goin on with D Miles. What a clown!

Ok maybe I'm a sucker but didn't Indy just score like 130+ points? Why in Gods name are the books releasing a total that is 186? I think J Oneal is out.. I know Foye and Telfair are, but these teams should just run and gun. A lot of young athletic players

Hova ( BAR Style ) 186 (-110) At the greek to win 2 units

What the fuck.. I just checked my pending wagers and that over isn't there :moose:I guess the line changed when i hit submit and i didnt notice..

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK:hang:So its a no play

I think it goes well over 200.. but I dont want it anymore. I am pissed!

:gun:
48156.jpg

Ok maybe I'm a sucker but didn't Indy just score like 130+ points? Why in Gods name are the books releasing a total that is 186? I think J Oneal is out.. I know Foye and Telfair are, but these teams should just run and gun. A lot of young athletic players

check your wager i bet it cancelled

thegreek cancelled my Pacers OVer 186 bet... check your wagers

check your wager i bet it cancelled

thegreek cancelled my Pacers OVer 186 bet... check your wagers

:15_10_5: I think mine was a user error. If they canceled your bet after releasing the line at 186 thats Bullshit!

:15_10_5: I think mine was a user error. If they canceled your bet after releasing the line at 186 thats Bullshit!

yep I just called up and I was told that its too bad, go fuck yourself.

This is why i never feel bad when they leave up a golf line that has already tee'd off and rail these criminals for a few extra units.

Dear Customer,

This e-mail serves to inform you that your wager taken on the Minnesota vs. Indiana game over has been deleted due to the following reason:

Incorrect line posted as 186, 188, 189.5 ; should have been 194

Please be reminded that The Greek reserves the right to cancel/delete wagers taken on any line/event found to be faulty (see http://www.thegreek.com<wbr>/rulebook.asp).

Our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,
Margaret

fuck these fuckers

lmao.. so they made a mistake with the line 3 separate times? I guess anytime a line changes in their favor they can use this bs excuse.

I wouldn't play that over anyways, it's preseason so anything can happen. But this Wolves team is averaging 83 points/game, and without Foye or Telfair to run this point, I think their offense will continue to struggle. And if O'neal is out for the pacers, they are out their best offensive player.

Have you heard anything on whether Roy will be playing, on Wed. the paper said he would be playing today, but I've heard some other conflicting words on it.

Its a shame Oden is hurt, howeva if they suck this year they can get a pg maybe derrick rose.

Rose
Webster
Roy
Aldridge
Oden

With outlaw off the pine.. By the way what in the world is goin on with D Miles. What a clown!

I've been trying to tell my friends about DRose, if their is someone above us, then he'll make sure the Blazers get Rose next year. Assuming Oden bounces back, we'd have the nicest young lineup ever. It's unforunate that we are more then likely going to lose of our "main 3" in the next few years because of the cap, but nobody in Oregon has that on their minds.

Miles is a basketcase dude, His first two years here he was my favorite player, this guy has so much potential it's disgusting, his jumper was finally starting to come along too. I remember a game a couple years back now, we were playing the Spurs and they through Bowen; then Horry, then Duncan at him and he picked 'em about with a different technique each time. His game is so versatile with his size and speed, but he simply doesn't care. He's the type of player that knows he's gifted and is using those gifts to make money, not the type that is gifted and wants to be the best they can be. And it's a shame, because he could be so good if he wanted to. When he went down last year, I honestly didn't think he would try and comeback to the NBA, I figured he'd take his millions and disappear into the sunset. But he's been rehabbing pretty hard I guess lately, early on it was reported he put on like 50lbs while on the shelf, but I guess he's looking good, and is coming along nicely. But he's still a ways backed up. I don't want us to waste our time with him, and cut into Outlaw and Websters growth, cause hopefully they are our future, and Miles is simply waiting out the contract

Got the same email..
Dear Customer,

This e-mail serves to inform you that your wager taken on the Minnesota vs. Indiana game over has been deleted due to the following reason:

Incorrect line posted as 186, 188, 189.5 ; should have been 194

Please be reminded that The Greek reserves the right to cancel/delete wagers taken on any line/event found to be faulty (see http://www.thegreek.com/rulebook.asp).

Our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,
Margaret
support@thegreek.com

Waited on this line a little too long. Ive been playing this game out in my head with the current rosters, and I just don't see how the Bulls can score. Tyrus Thomas and Noah are liabilities on the offensive end. The bulls best scorer is out.

Lets go Raptors -3 (-110) Risking 2 units @ the Greek

:cheers:

Adding 2.2 more units on the Blazers. I just like the younger fresher team. Kings are playing the second end of a back to back. They aren't that deep, one of their players is about to get locked up. I expect to see a lot of shakur, oriene greene, quincy doobey, and the rest of the scrub bench the queens have. The blazers by double digits tonight 'an_horse'

Final Card..
Portland Trailblazers -3(-110) at the greek Risking 4.2 units
Raptors -3 (-110) Risking 2 units @ the Greek

:cheers:

I'm liking Portland more and more as well. Gotta like old bad teams (Sac). IMO they'll be good fades all yr.. esp on b2bs. Only issue is that they've been playin their starters 30+ minutes this preseason, and only played them around 20-15 yesterday.. maybe to rest them up?

Not sure homie. COuldnt find any info on sacs team for tonight. ITs more of a play on portland.. I think they want wins more than most teams.

lean on the total? I'm leaning Sac, but if their starters aren't in, I'm not sure if I can trust that bench scoring

Im starting to get a tad bit nervous. They were up 20 with 8 minutes to go

Wow i was sweating like a priest at a 5th grade sleepover.:nervous:

(4 - 0 +7.8 units)

Congrats to those who tailed me.. 'an_horse' Lets cash that Blazers ticket now!

Looks like this would have cashed due to overtime.. :36_11_6:

Outlaw is killin it off the bench, glad to see him having a nice game finally. It's not over yet, but it's over, congrats abcs. You are destroying the preseason, congrats

Thanks life, just glad to be able to post in the nba forum..:cheers:

Anyway about what i expected here. Figured theyd pull away late. Good start. Tomorrow I will be busy watching football, but I will be on the Grizz all the way to -9 or so (unless i read some news that changes my pick). Should have been 3 - 0 today but I'll take 2 - 0.

(5 - 0 +11.7 units)

damn, auto-tail alert. Good shit. You play reg season too?
Regular season is auto fade. I am good at preseason because it involves doing homework and finding who is in and out. If you want to tail anyone in the regular season its the great bar

Back