Proposed trade... Thoughts please

Tito

The Salty Dog
Ok, so a guy in my 10 team league really wants LeSean...

he is offering borderline rbs along w Dez in a trade. I have balked at those.

I have Demaryius and Colston, and Cruz as my wrs and Reggie bush and Mjd as my other backs...

if I were to ask for Dez and Lamar miller in exchange for LeSean and Colston? I just feeling like I'm losing my only really solid rb.
he also has Alfred Morris who I like...Alfred and tayvon Austin for LeSean and Cruz?

yeah that's a bad deal....McCoy is the best player in the deal....never give up the best player in the deal...in this case, you're giving up 1st and 3rd...not worth it

ehhhh i do not echo everyone's sentiments. i think its a decent trade. i mean you are not winning it, but dez and miller are both going to be solid. i hate colston. never have liked him though. miller should prob be drafted much higher than he has been and mccoy should be going end of 1st. dez is top of 2nd and colston, to me, is mid 4th.

so get another player like a rb3-4, or wr 3 and throw him your worst player and its a decent trade. i love dez.

all this is based on it not being ppr

ehhhh now i see your other RBs and you can not give up mccoy. fuck rolling with bush mjd miller. u need a RB1 somewhere

good call. i should explain my colston hate.

injured, always
not fast at all
big target but graham is their main goal line target and they force feed him the ball down there when on other teams colston would be lined up as such.
lance moore takes a bunch of red zone looks as well.
i see him as a move the chains WR. he gets the call on 3rd and long a lot. good for a WR2.5 but i'd rather draft jordy or similar 2 rounds later.
kenny stills, should have a decent year, i like him in the last round just as much.
never seen colston break a catch for a TD. his YAC has to be awful (did not do my HW here).
he's only good because brees and sean payton are throwing to him. that is something though.
injured always.

last few years he hasn't even been on the field like a WR 1 when he's healthy. they rotate so many packages in and out that he doesn't see the snaps of a WR 1

curious what his targets are though. prob still up there bc of the offense

Tide...i dont get your concern i really dont...

the last 4 seasons he's averaged 80 receptions with 1100+ yards and 8+ TDs...

consistent production year after year

WORST season was i think in 09...and that was still 70 receptions, 1000 yards and 7 TDs....

he manages to put up strong numbers every season

Yeah he is. I just don't see him ever eclipsing that. I think any decent wr in that offense will put up that, and graham only hurts him. Where he's drafted this year is about fair, in the past he's been drafted too high I think. His avg is his ceiling to me. Whereas I could see decker beating his numbers pretty easily. Or jordy. Or somebody like his opposite wr stills, or lance Moore. Maybe I just hate slow wrs.

i mean he's a product of a crazy offense that has plenty to go around... we can agree to disagree but consistent production like those numbers puts him as a high WR2 low WR1 and a guy that a lot of fantasy experts target for his predictability.

Decker stands to lose a lot of work, much more then Thomas IMO w/ the insertion of Welker in Denver...I hate Nelson personally, I don't like many white WRs lol....the play action fake wasn't working for Rogers last season and I see Nelson with a limited amount of targets this season...ESPECIALLY with Finley looking so good in the pre-season again.

Lance Moore is a fine WR and can put up big numbers but I don't think you'll find many people saying that there's much of a chance of him eclipsing Colston's numbers...something that I LOVE about Colston is that he tends to produce EVERY week...he never has the 200 yard 3 TD games...but he seems to get 4-5 catches for 75 yards and .5 TDs per EVERY week. When you need someone to produce in crunch time, he's always there for you...We can disagree but as much as I disagree with your feelings on Colston, I'm blown away at your choice of wide outs that you'd rather roster...especially when Colston and Decker and Nelson all go around the same time in drafts these days.

would not rather roster but would rather draft a couple rounds later minumum and get a diff WR. i'm coming around on colston though, thanks for the insight.

agree with everyone else on not making the deal.

also. colston is a fairly large target w/ reliable hands and isnt afraid of going over the middle. theres a reason why brees likes throwing to him.

I did not make the deal...told him i am keeping Shady. Actually forgot to check in here, so glad to see you guys say what you said. McCoy is my only #1, and I dont really need a WR...

appreciate the feedback

Back