Prop Grading Question - 3 Unanswered Scores in Carolina/NO Game

hornsfan2

Anybody here help me with their understanding of how most/all books are grading this prop for that game? I had a no and a yes bet on it and both books are grading the plays as a loss. One book clearly has the rules spelled out as below:

-Score 3 Unanswered Times - Forecast whether either team will score 3 consecutive times during the game. A Score excludes any PATs (point after touchdown or 2 point conversions).

From the NFL's website it clearly states it as a 2 point conversion: "S.Anthony defensive two point conversion."- http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20151...meinfo|contentId:0ap3000000596725&tab=analyze

Therefore, my thought is that the book listed above has graded this incorrectly and the "Yes" should have hit for this game.

The other book does not have a clear rules section and I am trying to talk to my agent to understand their stance. The score in question obviously came off of the blocked PAT and run back for 2 points. Is there consensus or does anybody have a better understanding of how most books in Vegas and offshore are grading that prop? For reference, Pinnacle's rules on it are below as well:

"For will either team score 2, 3, 4, or 5 unanswered times propositions, extra points and two point conversions do not count."

Thanks for your help.

IMO, if the rules state that two point conversions don't count, then the score should not count for the other team either.

It sounds like they don't count XPs or, in this case, 2 pt conversions for the offense only. Meaning, they don't count the 2 pt conversion for the offense after the TD, because it's just "finishing" off the TD they just scored. If/when a team blocks an XP or 2 pt conversion, and returns it for 2 points, it does count as a 'score' for the defensive team.

Pretty interesting, as that game was the first time we've seen a defensive team take back the try for 2 points, but that how it seems they are grading it. It certainly seems that books will have to re-write their rules, as they are only not counting the 2 pt conversion for the offense, and that when a defensive team gets the 2 pt conversion return, it is deemed as a score.

It sounds like they don't count XPs or, in this case, 2 pt conversions for the offense only. Meaning, they don't count the 2 pt conversion for the offense after the TD, because it's just "finishing" off the TD they just scored. If/when a team blocks an XP or 2 pt conversion, and returns it for 2 points, it does count as a 'score' for the defensive team.

Pretty interesting, as that game was the first time we've seen a defensive team take back the try for 2 points, but that how it seems they are grading it. It certainly seems that books will have to re-write their rules, as they are only not counting the 2 pt conversion for the offense, and that when a defensive team gets the 2 pt conversion return, it is deemed as a score.

thanks for the feedback. that is definitely how one book is grading it, but the other book is obviously not looking at it that way as that means the "no" would have paid. trying to get this resolved today and get the official language of the book who graded the "yes" a loss. thanks again

That's a shitty beat man. Those books sound like NFL refs, no two call anything alike.

thanks for the feedback. that is definitely how one book is grading it, but the other book is obviously not looking at it that way as that means the "no" would have paid. trying to get this resolved today and get the official language of the book who graded the "yes" a loss. thanks again

So you bet both the 'yes' and 'no' with 2 different books, and the book you bet 'yes' with is grading it a loss, as well as the book you bet 'no' with grading it as a loss?

That's hilarious if that's how it's going down...not hilarious towards you, just funny that 2 different books are grading it the opposite, with both of them being the benefactor on the play.

i think it should be graded as no. as mentioned the defensive team conversion counts as a new score while the offensive one counts as a continuation of their score. but best of luck.

agree with OM's take. just wondering, why would you have different sides bet at different books on the same play?

posts 2 and 3 cover it. The 2-point conversion is NOT a score for the defense. I can guarantee here's how it went down, if you bet it down here: Some Tico who has no clue of the rules goes to NFL.com and sees the team logo pop up 3 times in a row and grades it when looking at the scores. He prolly never looks one time at the names, the teams, or anything pertinent. The one place who graded it correctly saw that the NO 2-point defensive conversion was NOT an official score (as per almost every set of rules I've ever seen or helped write) and graded it the right way, but against you.

If you really want to go for the middle, show both agents that the other places graded it against you, lmao. In all seriousness, GL at least trying to go 1-1.

In response to dwoww, i'm guessing this guy is prolly fairly sharp and was just betting numbers. Maybe he scalped it or bet into a 30-cent line and got almost the best of it at both places, or was fulfilling some sort of rollover or action requirement (though if it's a credit account, those things are semi-far fetched these days).

Back