Pro Bowl

nbafan88

Pretty much a regular
Easiest Wager of the year

Over 82.5 -110

I'm not sure if any of the rules changed from last year. Does anyone know? I just remember telling myself last year that this was an auto bet. Then there were rumors of the NFL getting rid of it.

Rule differences

The Pro Bowl has different rules from other NFL games to make the game safer.[10][11]

No motion or shifting by the offense
Offense must have a tight end in all formations
Offense may not have three receivers on the same side
Intentional grounding is legal
Defense must run a 4–3 at all times
No press coverage except inside the five-yard line
No blitz
Not allowed to rush a punt, PAT or FG attempt
No calls can be challenged
In case of a tie after regulation, multiple 15-minute OT periods will be played (with each team receiving 3 time outs per 2 OTs), and teams receive one possession to score unless one of them scores a touchdown or safety on its first possession. True sudden death rules apply thereafter if both teams have had their initial possession and the game remains tied.

With the debacle of the last few years about nobody playing defense or tackling, I wonder if the players got talked to by Gooddell to perform better. I don't think it'll really matter as they probably don't give a shit but something to keep an eye on.

Best prop I found! FREE MONEY!!

Will Manti Te'o girlfriend be found and interviewed during the 2013 NFL Pro Bowl?
No -830
Yes- N/A

I had the over in this the last time it went under LOL

i think it has hit like 4 out of the last 5 years....i had over the last time it went under lol

Sigh, back down to 82.

Nobody gives a rats ass about this game. Worst all star game of all the major sports. Just get rid of it.

I have done a complete 180 on this. With all the talk about the commish wanting more competitive play this total is probably insane. I really don't want to expose myself to a middle so I'm just going to stick it out. I am usually very good at holding back from locking in wagers early but this was premature. Oh well.

my book still offering 85, and i'm starting to see 79.5 at places, ended up playing the under, and hopefully it starts slow and i'll middle

who said that? I just dont see that as being possible

if you look at sites like pregame, they show it getting less than the nba games

who said that? I just dont see that as being possible

if you look at sites like pregame, they show it getting less than the nba games
i said who said in the post.

he had a direct quote from the sports book....seems a little more accurate than percentage sites

I just heard the Pro Bowl TV ratings topped any single game of last year's World Series. Can't say I'm surprised, but it's still kind of bizarre to me. I want to meet one of these animals who tunes into the Pro Bowl.

The Pro Bowl is the biggest disgrace in all of sports. That includes Big Time Wrestling. At least we know that's all an act. I'm embarrassed for the NFL.

I honestly haven't watched a second of it since like 1980. The concept was exciting to an 11-year-old, but I imagine some 12-year-old let me in on the secret that the Pro Bowl sucks. Can't believe they still play it.

I fully agree. Its not like other all-star games for one reason and that is because football is a violent sport that could end a players career on any given play. You cannot have a competitive football without that risk. And you cannot blame any player for not going all out. Its just the way it is

It would be awesome if they could make it into a pro bowl weekend or something like that sorta like the NBA and MLB does... idk what contests they could do but i'm pretty sure it would loved by the fans...

I should be betting the over if they're going to go ahead and play it though, lol. Does it ever lose?

I fully agree. Its not like other all-star games for one reason and that is because football is a violent sport that could end a players career on any given play. You cannot have a competitive football without that risk. And you cannot blame any player for not going all out. Its just the way it is

It would be awesome if they could make it into a pro bowl weekend or something like that sorta like the NBA and MLB does... idk what contests they could do but i'm pretty sure it would loved by the fans...

I'm thinking: "best helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless receiver" - they could be judged like the dunk contest and you just send convicted child sex offenders out in pads - send them over the middle and have the All-Pro's light em up. Best hit wins the $25K and the trophy!

Haha.

Im actually being serious though. The NFL could make a bunch of contests if they actually wanted to go that route. Someone has had to have thought of this in the past.

Back