Presidents Day: Penguins/Islanders 1:00pm Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter scourge
  • Start date Start date
S

scourge

Just based off their last 3 h2h matchups Over 6.5?

looks like Pitt scores more frequently and NYI likes to play defense though:down:

I may be able to help a little. As a Pens fan I caught most of their game today which was, really, a lot like most of their games recently. The Pens just can't stop winning.

Which is a good thing, on many levels, and now that I say that I'm sure I just jinxed them. But maybe not.

Today was a pretty physical game so I would think you might get some chances for goals tomorrow with the boys sort of tenerized from the contest today.

A couple of things I'd worry about. I assume Fleury is starting tomorrow because Thibault got the start and the win today. That could cut down on your goals as he might just stand on his head.

However, like I said, it's probably not going to be from a lack of chances. You've got a team that played this afternoon that then has to immediately get on a plane and play tomorrow afternoon. You would naturally think they'd be tired, but they've had to do this already this year.

They had a Dallas/Phoenix turnaround like this, and in the second game they scored seven and won by five in a 7-2 game. Now that was right after the All Star break, but this team is very young, they rebound pretty quickly.

I'd prefer a total of six, but like their chances to win SU at even money.

I likely won't bet it, though.

like the price of the Pens in this one and will be playing it, just getting out of all morning meeting so didnt get to post it.

Dont like the over of 6.5 based on one teams scoring alone, Isles not even over 2 in L5 games, with DiPietro keeping them in each one. Getting plus money on a team who hasnt lost in regulations since January 10th is a deal

The problem to me with this over is that it's one of those that looks like it should happen easily. Those always seem to be the ones that somehow never get close.

I agree about this over. should go over easily but you know what they say, if it looks too easy, it usually is. I will play the under.

Another interesting thing about it is that yesterday the Pens/Caps game was a 7.

Without any time to rest the Pens are suddenly a 6.5 when their last two games with the Isles have gone over (if I'm not mistaken)? That's odd to me.

Like I said, if this was a six I might give it a shot, but I'll stay off and just hope the Pens win.

Good luck to those who give it a ride.

think yesterdays total was set on Thibault / past games...

that said, Id personally lean to the under in this one, with the #1's, DiPietro standing on his head etc etc...

They've got a ton of jump in them for a team that just played less than 24 hours ago. It really could be 2-0 right now.

They had a couple of good chances, no real "great" saves by DiPietro, though.

Pens going on a 5 on 3 right now to end the first.

Jordan Saal hit the bar. Recchi missed an open net. Finally, Sid got a pass to Recchi, Pens take the lead back.

2-1 right at the end of the first. Great pace for the total.

Oh, the Penguins are going to take a horrible beat.

The Isles score with :20 to go after Crosby spent about a minute with the puck and did everything but put it in the back of the net.

Back