PRESIDENTS CUP

DJS123

2013 PRESIDENTS CUP

Welcome everyone to this year's Presidents Cup. A very prestigious event that takes place biennially with an American team vs an International team. Team Captains select the top 12 players for each team, essentially bringing together twenty four of the world’s best players. Similar format to the Ryder Cup as we’ll have a series of group and head to head match play matches however their are some key differences in relation to the Ryder Cup.

The Ryder Cup puts Team Europe vs Team U.S.A.. In this event no European players are allowed on the International team. The International team is comprised of players from Canada, Australia, South Africa and Asia. The Americans own a 7-1-1 overall record since the event began in 1994. The one draw came during the 9/11 attacks which cancelled that year’s tournament.

This year the U.S. will be the host as players will go to Jack Nicklaus’ back yard, Muirfield Village in Dublin, Ohio. The annual host of the Memorial Tournament. This is a 7352 yard par 72 that is a challenging test for all players. Matt Kuchar won this year’s event back in May with a four round score of -12/276. A course rating of 76.3 and a slope rating of 149 we can see right away that players will need to bring their A game this week.

We’ll want to look not only at the ‘key stats’ such as GIR, all around ranking, par 4 performance, driving distance, putting etc but also how players have fared in previous match play events such as Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup, WGC Match Play etc. Singles and foursomes history will be relevant.

The U.S. team consists of Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Matt Kuchar, Keegan Bradley, Steve Stricker, Jason Dufner, Hunter Mahan, Brandt Snedeker, Jordan Spieth, Webb Simpson, Bill Haas and Zach Johnson.

The International team consists of Adam Scott, Jason Day, Ernie Els, Charl Schwartzel, Graham DeLaet, Louis Oosthuizen, Hideki Matsuyama, Angel Cabrera, Branden Grace, Brendon De Jonge, Richard Sterne and Marc Leishman.

TO WIN

2 Unit Play

**United States -325 over ‘Rest of the World’

Good spot to lay some lumber, something I rarely do in golf but I think this number will continue to climb towards -400. The International team will need to play absolutely perfectly to pull off the upset. I don't see it happening. Not in Jack's backyard. Should be a good week, I'll have a few more plays up throughout the week.

DJS

Last edited:
Day 1 Matches:

Match 1: Jason Day and Graham DeLaet, International vs. Hunter Mahan and Brandt Snedeker, U.S.

Match 2: Bill Haas and Webb Simpson, U.S. vs. Adam Scott and Hideki Matsuyama, International

Match 3: Louis Oosthuizen and Charl Schwartzel, International vs. Phil Mickelson and Keegan Bradley, U.S.

Match 4: Steve Stricker and Jordan Spieth, U.S. vs. Ernie Els and Brendon de Jonge, International

Match 5: Angel Cabrera and Marc Leishman, International vs. Matt Kuchar and Tiger Woods, International

Match 6: Jason Dufner and Zach Johnson, U.S. vs. Branden Grace and Richard Sterne, International

Wow the world is bigger dogs than I expected in every match. Very tempted by Day/Delaet +140

surprised by the stricker line. also thinking if oostie isnt healthy, that will get ugly quickly.

Did you guys see Keegans shoes?

The jumpmans? Or was that something else?

And I'm glad I grabbed Day/Delaet earlier... line is down to +110 already.

And I agree with you in the Oostie match, Phil and Keegan should get the point. Only concern for me is how close him and Charl are. If they get hot early it could be interesting.

Sorry guys, I should've been more active here. My bad. Keegans been rocking those Jordans for awhile now, they are dope for sure. I stayed away from the Day/DeLaet match but on the Internationals side for tomorrow I think Scott and Matsuyama will roll. Phil & Keegan have been playing a lot of golf together bthe past couple years and went 3-0 in the Ryder Cup last year so I didn't hesitate to lay a little chalk in their match. It will be fun to watch and though I'm sure some of you thought I was an Idiot for laying -325, you find that number anywhere. I have seen it as high as -380 and we're still aways from tee off. I'll have more plays in here throughout the week. BOL.

Just noticed at -400 on Pinnacle. I think it will climb a bit more before tee off. If you were ever going to lay some chalk....This feels like a pretty good spot. I wouldn't "bet the farm" but if you haven't bet it yet I think you lay 8 to win 2.. Just saying.. It might be closer then we expect, I'm not sure. I was going to bet exact scores of US winning by 3,4 & 5 but changed my mind. They could win by 6+ or who knows, it could be a 2pt match. Plus I have enough invested in them just to win but I think they roll. 20-14 final wouldn't shock me.

This will be a great event. It will be plenty interesting, match ups to bet every day, we get to see Spieth play in a prestigious event as a rookie, Tiger, Phil etc.. And yeah, I've bet on Sunshine Tour, Japanese Tour etc.. Golf is more about making money. Next week is the start of the new season! 2013/14 begins next week! I'm looking forward to it!

Nice DaRaiders, good work. U.S. is leading all their matches at the moment, still early on but a good sign for the chalk play. Should be another good week. Best of Luck fellas.

Thanks you too. I know I already bet this at +140, but BOL has Day/DeLaet live +300. Despite the current weather delay, I'll bite again small. Pretty big odds for only 1 down I feel.

Play is expected to resume at 4pm est(35 mins).
TL4, that is a good price but I would think the delay favors Mahan/Sneds. I'm staying away, obv not laying -400 on them since I need the US to do well anyway. Draw might be worth a look if you have the option. I'm seeing +400 on bet365 for match to be halved. I might sprinkle that. Best of Luck to all.

Yeah I got busy and missed the +400 but just took it small at +350. I would prefer the US just get the point but a draw seem possible and still a decent price.

Yeah good job TL4, your 2 bets beat my one.. I kept saying I was staying away, should've listened to myself lol.. Need Duff & DJ to close out that match to go 1-1-1 on day 1, seems fitting.

*ZJ & the Duff Man hang on for an easy convicing win. Phil and Keegan sucked and pushed Scott & Matsuyama play. No harm done.

Not interesting huh guys? 2.5-2.5 going down to 18 for the last point of the day.. Probably couldn't have been more interesting.

Yup. I'll bite. Day/DeLaet PK is a play for me.

Also played Haas/Mahan -145 over Els/De Jonge also a play for me. De Jonge won't play as good as today. Els should play better. Shouldnt matter though.

I'm not playing any of the matches as of yet but I do have a BIG PLAY for tomorrow!!

3 Unit Play

***Day 2 Winner-USA -150 (Risk 4.5 to Win 3)

Right on my man, I'm expecting a less interesting day today lol.. You would think at least 4-2, I thought the Internationals had more bounces go their way yesterday and they still lost by a full point. If the US gets a couple bounces they should win convincingly. That line now north of -180 so we got the best of it.. Almost seems like trap somehow like too easy but we'll see. Go 'Merica!

Looks like De Jonge is picking up where he left off yesterday. And Phil and Keegan have lots of momentum right now. Not looking great for me so far. But at least the US is winning!

Stricker and Spieth are now 2up, I couldn't believe the price for that match.. I was never laying >2/1 but thought they couldn't lose either so couldn't take the other side! -180 I would've considered but I was seeing -215/-220. Go USA!

I love the Matsuyama Scott pairing. Might be one of my favorites in any cup. So strong in every aspect, except experience.

The Stricker Spieth is an interesting one also. I think Spieth Johnson would have been solid also.

The final match of the early session will be sooooooooooooooooooo sick. OK quick gym sesh then ill be back.

Going to play some singles matches small. Not too many appealing matches

Matsuyama +105 over Mahan
Day -125 over Snedeker
Haas +120 over Scott
Johnson -120 over Grace
Kuchar -140 over Leishman
Simpson -150 over Oosthuizen

Best of luck

Sorry guys, laptop was in the shop all weekend, I just got it back this morning. I had a small winning week with the Presidents Cup but dropped 8.4u in LPGA. I hope everyone had a good week despite all the weather and delays. I'm looking forward to this weeks 2013/14 season opening Frys .com Open event. Finally a full field PGA tournament, it's been awhile since we've had one of those! I'll have a preview and a top play future up later today. All the best.

DJS

It's not a popular one for sure but I still like the format. The weather was really annoying. Thursday afternoon I checked the weather and it said 20% chance of rain for Friday lol!! Brutal weather.. Ryder Cup next year should be good!

It's not a popular one for sure but I still like the format. The weather was really annoying. Thursday afternoon I checked the weather and it said 20% chance of rain for Friday lol!! Brutal weather.. Ryder Cup next year should be good!
I really feel for the Village venue...I live within 50 miles of Columbus and we have gotten no rain except briefly overnight last night the last seven days.....that place is cursed weather wise.

Yeah crazy weather. The International format is okay, they only lost by 3 points which is a little surprising. I was going to actually bet the US to win by 3, 4 & 5 points but chickened out partly because I thought it go be a blowout and could've been tight. I think the weather helped the International team but still was a bit closer than I thought.

Back