Preseason What Have We Learned

the Steelers are crazy if they start trubisky ahead of Pickett!! Unfortunately I think they will do exactly that. Best thing that could happen to Steelers and their fans would be trubisky coming out today and throwing 2-3 awful picks and fail to lead any scoring drives, that bout only chance pickett has of starting and who knows if that enough??

There 4-5 teams that be crazy not to offer niners a 5th round pick for Jimmy g, only explanation is they want to lose for the chance to draft one next years amazing qb crop. Otherwise I don’t get it, giants have enough weapons i think they could compete in the nfc least with Jimmy g. The delusion that one these coaches gonna fix Danny dimes has to end!!

Are jets really ginnna roll with Flacco till their bust of a qb gets back? Ugh.

Not sure he would matter much to falcons chances but he obviously a better qb than mariota or Ridder.

Seattle would be really dumb to roll w Lock like we all don’t already know how awful he is! Doubt niners would trade him to seattle tho.

Browns gonna waste this season wit Brisset for 11 games? Waste of a solid roster.

Lions could for sure be decent w Jimmy.

Washington seriously wants wentz to be their qb? He has shown to be totally worthless turnover machine who not only loses ya games but loses the locker room in no time!!

What these teams doing? Atl clearly playing for a top draft pick. Jets still think they have a qb but they wrong. Who knows wtf giants doing? Lions believe in Goff? I think they trying to win.

There 4-5 teams that be crazy not to offer niners a 5th round pick for Jimmy g, only explanation is they want to lose for the chance to draft one next years amazing qb crop. Otherwise I don’t get it, giants have enough weapons i think they could compete in the nfc least with Jimmy g. The delusion that one these coaches gonna fix Danny dimes has to end!!

Are jets really ginnna roll with Flacco till their bust of a qb gets back? Ugh.

Not sure he would matter much to falcons chances but he obviously a better qb than mariota or Ridder.

Seattle would be really dumb to roll w Lock like we all don’t already know how awful he is! Doubt niners would trade him to seattle tho.

Browns gonna waste this season wit Brisset for 11 games? Waste of a solid roster.

Lions could for sure be decent w Jimmy.

Washington seriously wants wentz to be their qb? He has shown to be totally worthless turnover machine who not only loses ya games but loses the locker room in no time!!

What these teams doing? Atl clearly playing for a top draft pick. Jets still think they have a qb but they wrong. Who knows wtf giants doing? Lions believe in Goff? I think they trying to win.
Why would Miners sign Jimmy to $137 mil just for a 5th rounder? Think these goes very deep and he likely ends up in Cleveland...the Jimmy to Seattle people seem to be secluded from the concept that trading a key player within the division is pretty much taboo

Why would Miners sign Jimmy to $137 mil just for a 5th rounder? Think these goes very deep and he likely ends up in Cleveland...the Jimmy to Seattle people seem to be secluded from the concept that trading a key player within the division is pretty much taboo

Yea I don’t see any chance niners would trade Jimmy to seattle, if they did they would be flexing some crazy ass confidence! I’d imagine they have to cut him for Jimmy to end up in Seattle. Or maybe if they came with a 2nd it would be enough but that not happening, they probably don’t have any early picks, traded them all away for safeties and shit!

I don’t understand the question about why niners would sign him to 127mil? I dunno, I don’t think they would??

In case you were wondering, here's who played skill position starters and who didn't in the preseason. Full dress rehearsal means starting QB, RB and WR were all on the field together:

NFC EAST
Dallas and Philly played no starting QBs, RBs or WRs. Giants played their QB only in game 2. Washington did a full dress rehearsal in game 2.

NFC NORTH
Minny and Green Bay did not play starting QBs, RBs or WRs. Detroit played their WRs in game 3. Chicago did a full dress rehearsal in game 3.

NFC SOUTH
Tampa and New Orleans played their QBs and RBs in game 3, but star WRs did not play. Carolina played their QB in game 3. Atlanta played their QB and WRs in game 2.

NFC WEST
LA and Arizona did not play starting QBs, RBs or WRs. San Fran did full dress rehearsal in game 3. Seattle played starting QB only.

AFC EAST
All four teams did full dress rehearsals, with Buffalo doing theirs in game 2, while the other three did theirs in game 3.

AFC NORTH
Cincy and Baltimore did not play starting QBs, RBs or WRs. Pittsburgh did full dress rehearsal in Game 3. Cleveland started their QB in game 3.

AFC SOUTH
Jacksonville did full dress rehearsal in game 2. Houston played QB and RBs but not their star WR in game 3. Indy played QB and WRs but not their star RB in game 3. Tennessee only played their WRs in game 3.

AFC WEST
Denver, Las Vegas and LA did not play their QBs, RBs or WRs. Kansas City did a full dress rehearsal in game 2.

Summarizing by week 1 matchup (Yes - dress rehearsal, No - did not play at all) - I don't know if this matters but I do recall the Packers coming out flat week 1 last year.

Bills (yes) - Rams (no)
Saints (QB/RB) - Falcons (QB/WR)
Niners (yes) - Bears (yes)
Steelers (yes) - Bengals (no)
Eagles (no) - Lions (WR)
Patriots (yes) - Dolphins (yes)
Ravens (no) - Jets (yes)
Jags (yes) - Commanders (yes)
Browns (QB) - Panthers (QB)
Colts (QB/WR) - Texans (QB/RB)
Giants (QB) - Titans (WR)
Packers (no) - Vikings (no)
Chiefs (yes) - Cards (no)
Raiders (no) - Chargers (no)
Bucs (QB/RB) - Cowboys (no)
Broncos (no) - Seattle (QB)

Maybe the least interested I’ve ever been in the preseason. Not sure how I was so interested all these years but it was unbearable to watch.
This sport is all about QB play or its not a good product.

Reactions: KJ
Summarizing by week 1 matchup (Yes - dress rehearsal, No - did not play at all) - I don't know if this matters but I do recall the Packers coming out flat week 1 last year.

Bills (yes) - Rams (no)
Saints (QB/RB) - Falcons (QB/WR)
Niners (yes) - Bears (yes)
Steelers (yes) - Bengals (no)
Eagles (no) - Lions (WR)
Patriots (yes) - Dolphins (yes)
Ravens (no) - Jets (yes)
Jags (yes) - Commanders (yes)
Browns (QB) - Panthers (QB)
Colts (QB/WR) - Texans (QB/RB)
Giants (QB) - Titans (WR)
Packers (no) - Vikings (no)
Chiefs (yes) - Cards (no)
Raiders (no) - Chargers (no)
Bucs (QB/RB) - Cowboys (no)
Broncos (no) - Seattle (QB)
Preseason along with 2 weeks between games there’s no carryover. Everyone is 0-0 and super pumped for the season. Bills might have some distractions with what happened to their punter but that’s about all.

I feel like I’ve tried to fade rams before cause I expected them to be rusty without any preseason reps and it did not work out! They get their work in behind the scene and in the joint practices where Donald beats other teams w helmets! (He looked ready to play to me!). They know what they doing and it doesn’t take them long to get going in the 1st game. If I’m gonna play it I’ll take points w the champs at home. I recall bills looking god awful in week 1 last year as Steelers upset them at home.

Back