Preseason What Are We Learning

The depth of the Rams 2nd half defense was exploited by 2 long TD runs off the left tackle.
It’s no secret the Rams have about 40 1st year guys on their roster but the only defensive position that will have rookies is at edge rusher. None of the starters were out there except for 2 interior dlinemen.
QB Easton Stick looked really good for the Chargers. He played into the 2nd half before Duggan took over. Duggan settled down once their running game got going. There were some rum options called for him.
Brett Rypien started and looked awful but wasn’t being protected.
Stetson Bennett played the last 3 qrtrs and looked like a 25 yr old rookie as opposed to a 22 yr old rookie. He played well but lots more to learn. He’ll be a decent backup for now.
Pretty typical preseason game 1.

Other than seeing a few teams that picked up pretty solid rookie qb’s that could shine in preseason not much.

Stroud is a auto fade for me, he was under constant pressure but think that the problem, this ain’t college no more, you don’t have time to try and find someone wide open! Not to mention nobody will ever be as open as the studs he threw to at Ohio st were practically every play! No secret as I’ve said this a million times since draft but it eas awful stupid trading back up for this kid when Imo Mills has a way better chance of being a legit nfl qb. If he was given the opportunity that is.

The depth of the Rams 2nd half defense was exploited by 2 long TD runs off the left tackle.
It’s no secret the Rams have about 40 1st year guys on their roster but the only defensive position that will have rookies is at edge rusher. None of the starters were out there except for 2 interior dlinemen.
QB Easton Stick looked really good for the Chargers. He played into the 2nd half before Duggan took over. Duggan settled down once their running game got going. There were some rum options called for him.
Brett Rypien started and looked awful but wasn’t being protected.
Stetson Bennett played the last 3 qrtrs and looked like a 25 yr old rookie as opposed to a 22 yr old rookie. He played well but lots more to learn. He’ll be a decent backup for now.
Pretty typical preseason game 1.

Bennett seems like a guy that could easily carve out a nice career as a 10 year clipboard holder that can win you a few games if starter goes down.

I've learned that it's at least 3 weeks too long. Worse than watching xfl

Where did Easton Stick come from? Either my memory shot or I never heard of the guy! Lol. Guess I need to put a little more respect on sd qb room (after Hebert of course), doesn’t matter for the real games but something to keep in mind next 2 weeks if you guys say he looks good, the numbers not overwhelming so I wouldn’t have ever known.

Where did Easton Stick come from? Either my memory shot or I never heard of the guy! Lol. Guess I need to put a little more respect on sd qb room (after Hebert of course), doesn’t matter for the real games but something to keep in mind next 2 weeks if you guys say he looks good, the numbers not overwhelming so I wouldn’t have ever known.
Think I remember him as a Bison

Next week in general will be much different cause lot of teams will have several days of joint practices leading into the games. Think that makes a huge impact on what to expect in preseason, times have changed and lot of coaches prefer the joint practices to get guys work in. I don’t think that a bad thing at all for dogs, just saying could def impact scoring.

Rams are f'n thin, man. And the comments by the coaches suggest as much. "Youth is no excuse" and acting like they're having a ball "teaching" vs. years past.

Ravens tried to lose their 1st pre-season game and still couldn't - starting their 4th stringer. Pick 6s. Penalties. I expect them to be undefeated again this preseason.

Bennett seems like a guy that could easily carve out a nice career as a 10 year clipboard holder that can win you a few games if starter goes down.
Agree. Unless he gets an opportunity with Stafford going down this season. He might get a couple years to prove himself. Definitely a career as backup would be a good role for him.

Rams are f'n thin, man. And the comments by the coaches suggest as much. "Youth is no excuse" and acting like they're having a ball "teaching" vs. years past.
If the Rams sustain injuries they’ll have to dive into the rookie pool.
However, their oline has 1 rookie starter and their depth consists of 1 rookie. At WR they’re all veterans except Puka who had a TD yesterday. Backup QB is Rypien or Stetson Bennett.
Their dline consists of all veterans and 1 rookie 3rd rounder. Edge Rushing is an issue where it’s a journeyman and all rookies. Safeties & Corners are all veterans with rookie depth. Punter & PK are rookies. Punter had a 54 yard punt with 2 pins inside the 10. Kicker shanked 1 FG but was steady on the others with kickoffs through the endzone.
If this team was coached by Jeff Fisher I’d say we’re getting a top 5 pick next year. With McVay & Stafford, we should be very competitive.

Bank, you live in St Louis but are a 9er fan?

When did I become a niner fan? lol. I’m a fan of Dan (me), I’m pretty much a bandwagon jumper, it really just about the betting for me, I don’t particularly care. My moms a bears fan, that where I’m originally from but we moved here before I was old enough to have teams, most my friends kc fans which makes some sense. Hell, I’m barely a stl cardinals fan, I sure faded them a ton this year, have hardly watched a game, and havnt even been to one, i guess when they good I’m kinda a fan but ultimately I don’t care much! Lol. If I didn’t bet I’m not sure if I’d watch or follow any of it!

When did I become a niner fan? lol. I’m a fan of Dan (me), I’m pretty much a bandwagon jumper, it really just about the betting for me, I don’t particularly care. My moms a bears fan, that where I’m originally from but we moved here before I was old enough to have teams, most my friends kc fans which makes some sense. Hell, I’m barely a stl cardinals fan, I sure faded them a ton this year, have hardly watched a game, and havnt even been to one, i guess when they good I’m kinda a fan but ultimately I don’t care much! Lol. If I didn’t bet I’m not sure if I’d watch or follow any of it!
Lol. For some reason I thought you were a 9er fan. I agree with the last sentence although my affinity for the Rams & Yankees goes back to the 70’s so I’m hooked. Completely lost interest in the NBA after Magic retired. I was just as big a fan of the Lakers but that light switch went off with his retirement.

Lol. For some reason I thought you were a 9er fan. I agree with the last sentence although my affinity for the Rams & Yankees goes back to the 70’s so I’m hooked. Completely lost interest in the NBA after Magic retired. I was just as big a fan of the Lakers but that light switch went off with his retirement.

I was a Jordan and kobe fan! Which made me root for those teams, I claimed being from Chicago back then (lol) but when Jordan was in his prime I was just starting to figure gambling out, started making weekly pick pools and pools for the ncaa tourney, then started taking some kids bets. Not like a book but anytime we talking sports and disagreed on a game I always pushed for a bet! Lol.

I’m a big fan of niners physical brand of football and shanny so I prob have talked incredibly favorable bout them last few years but it was nothing more than that, Purdy arm could fall all the way off, Lance turns into a huge bust, and Darnold the same bum he been rest of his career on their way to a 3-14 record and I wouldn’t care, lol.

Back