Richmond
Creighton
Rhode Island
Wofford
Towson
Wagner

Last edited by a moderator:
Copied from old thread:

Wanted to do a typical 6 man NCAA Tourney draft with the twist being we draft before the season starts. Snake draft 16 teams (changed to 17 in 2020) each and was hoping to draft this when we are all available...this is $100 pool (or $200) and we pay winner at end of tournament.

Scoring is 1 point for every team that makes the NCAA Tourney and 1 point for every win in the tourney (Champion therefore worth 7 points). First 4 game losers do not earn any points. There will be no limitations regarding conferences meaning you can choose all power conference squads if you want or sprinkle in some mid-majors/small conference teams. Tiebreaker #1 being who selects the most teams that make the tourney with tiebreaker #2 being who drafts the team that advances farthest. Tiebreaker #3 if it looks like it will be needed will be Total points scored in the 2 Final 4 games combined when they roll around.

Draft format:
Round 1 1,2,3,4,5,6
Round 2 6,5,4,3,2,1
Round 3 6,5,4,3,2,1
Round 4 1,2,3,4,5,6
Round 5 6,5,4,3,2,1
Round 6 1,2,3,4,5,6
Round 7 6,5,4,3,2,1
Round 8 1,2,3,4,5,6
Round 9 6,5,4,3,2,1
Round 10 1,2,3,4,5,6
Round 11 6,5,4,3,2,1
Round 12 1,2,3,4,5,6
Round 13 6,5,4,3,2,1
Round 14 1,2,3,4,5,6
Round 15 6,5,4,3,2,1
Round 16 1,2,3,4,5,6
Round 17 6,5,4,3,2,1 (added in 2020 contest)

We might have to just make this a 5 man draft and eliminate the team that hasn’t picked in 3 days

@jedi ninja is on the clock and has been.

Need opinions @Grind_4_Mine , @GWarner27 , @PaintCrew , @jimmymo ???

it’s tough for all of us to be around and I’m as guilty as anyone, we all have a lot going on but being that this is a preseason draft hopefully we can bang this out by tomorrow night

Allow @jedi ninja to hold this up and just keep waiting until we know either way what is going on?

Fold that entry and the three teams he did draft are just out of play and we proceed with a 5 man draft?

Set a dead line, then move forward?

I’m not trying to be an A Hole or anything but it’s like cmon man or if ur not going to be around or something at least give someone a heads up. Then it brings up a whole other possible situation. Draft #1 is a group that has been together and doing this pool for years and for most part no problems, we all have been around, know and respect one another and “Buddy system “, trust isn’t issue with squaring up at end and that’s why we have the group we have in pool 1 and no offense to anyone but exactly why I was a little hesitant about getting a 2nd draft together but it’s like if someone isn’t around to draft and doesn’t give anyone a heads up about it , is that same person gonna be around to square up in March or let someone know status of payment or whatever? Maybe I’m way off but just how I feel.

hopefully he's alright, but i'm not in a rush. Would like to make this happen ASAP to fulfill the "preseason" name of it all, but it's not killing me

Skipping him would not be fair, so i think we wait for a little longer until the dead teams rule comes into play as you mentioned

hopefully he's alright, but i'm not in a rush. Would like to make this happen ASAP to fulfill the "preseason" name of it all, but it's not killing me

Skipping him would not be fair, so i think we wait for a little longer until the dead teams rule comes into play as you mentioned
Agree on premise not fair to rush judgment or just eliminate or throw out but we also can’t wait until everyone plays 20 games each to draft or decide either. Part of fun, process, strategy back in day was to do all this on blind before ANY team played a game.

Agree on premise not fair to rush judgment or just eliminate or throw out but we also can’t wait until everyone plays 20 games each to draft or decide either. Part of fun, process, strategy back in day was to do all this on blind before ANY team played a game.

20 games is exaggeration and it's no longer a preseason game when we start on opening day. Next year we should aim to complete before tip off though

looks like he was active today and never checked in. I’d be more than happy to buy his team to get this shit on the road/speed up draft, or if there’s anyone interested in taking over please stand by. I’d say we give Larry until 10:00 am est tomorrow morning since he’s on east coast and move on if still awol.

Defer to consensus.....I am fine if Grind wants to buy.....also fine just moving forward and throwing his selections out completely

Back