Predict The Lines For Opening Night (10/30)

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
Should be something fun...It also will give us some good insight if one of the actual lines is way off than what the majority thinks. The more responses we help us!

The Games:

Blazers @ Spurs (TNT)

Rockets @ Lakers (TNT)

Jazz @ Warriors

My predictions:

Spurs -10.5

Rockets -2.5

Jazz -1

Should be something fun...It also will give us some good insight if one of the actual lines is way off than what the majority thinks. The more responses we help us!

The Games:

Blazers @ Spurs (TNT)

Rockets @ Lakers (TNT)

Jazz @ Warriors

My predictions:

Spurs -10.5

Rockets -2.5

Jazz -1

if rockerts and jazz are -2.5 and -1 respectively those will be very public.

i think -10.5 on sa like you said. -4 rockets. -2.5 jazz

Houston would defintly be a play for me. Love that team this year

homer: i'm leaning GS on a situational spot. All you think about when you get knocked out of playoffs is what you coulda/shoulda done, and can't wait til the next They get it in one day. Plus, Utah is a bit out of sync. Boozer just 1 preseason game since recovery, even Deron Williams said he's uncomfortable with the time they've had together

homer: i'm leaning GS on a situational spot. All you think about when you get knocked out of playoffs is what you coulda/shoulda done, and can't wait til the next They get it in one day. Plus, Utah is a bit out of sync. Boozer just 1 preseason game since recovery, even Deron Williams said he's uncomfortable with the time they've had together

Boozer has played in 4 preseason games now. He'll have 3 weeks of practice with the team once the game tips off come Tuesday. DWill also said he was ready to go after the Lakers game. Jazz starters looked impressive against the Lakers starters in the 1st qtr. The Warriors got beat last year because they couldn't rebound the ball. Nothing has changed to make me think they'll be able to get any boards on opening night. If you want an angle to play the Warriors it'd probably be that the Jazz will have a week between their last pre-season game and the season opener.

Spurs -12.5
Rockets -3.5
Warriors PK

Boozer has played in 4 preseason games now. He'll have 3 weeks of practice with the team once the game tips off come Tuesday. DWill also said he was ready to go after the Lakers game. Jazz starters looked impressive against the Lakers starters in the 1st qtr. The Warriors got beat last year because they couldn't rebound the ball. Nothing has changed to make me think they'll be able to get any boards on opening night. If you want an angle to play the Warriors it'd probably be that the Jazz will have a week between their last pre-season game and the season opener.

Good stuff J Picks

Always a good situation avenging a playoff los but the reboundinh...oh brother

tough game

Maybe I'm just hoping the books don't make the Jazz the favorite. Interested to see that #.

It won't matter, the books are going to get a ton of GS money in this game. Bottom line like you said, the Warriors can't rebound and Nellie's decision to go with the midget lineup is going to spell problems for them against a team like the Jazz.

I think SAS will be bet into the -13/-14 range, but I think they open it at -11'

We both agree that HOU opens -3.5; think that line hangs steady.

Good stuff J Picks

Always a good situation avenging a playoff los but the reboundinh...oh brother

tough game

I originally thought the Warriors would be a good play myself when I saw the schedule, but then I couldn't help but to think about the playoffs last year. Some many people thought that the Warriors were so hot they couldn't be beat. Is there really going to be any more motivation for them to win game 1 of the regular season moreso than game 1,2,5,or 6 of last years Semis?

I'm a fan of playing the playoff loss situation but it gets ruined when it's the first game of the year. Every team is up and ready for that game.

I'll be looking for a total below 206 or so. Expecting a 112-105 Jazz victory. The Warriors do have the benefit that Monta Ellis is back playing and that should certainly help them. He played 33 minutes tonight and was 6-11 from the field. 8 TO's weren't pretty as I'm sure he's pretty rusty. Main problem for them is that the departed JRich actually led the Warriors in rebounding 2 of the 5 playoff games last year. I don't see Ellis becoming the same rebounder so the disadvantage only grows bigger.

It won't matter, the books are going to get a ton of GS money in this game. Bottom line like you said, the Warriors can't rebound and Nellie's decision to go with the midget lineup is going to spell problems for them against a team like the Jazz.

I think SAS will be bet into the -13/-14 range, but I think they open it at -11'

We both agree that HOU opens -3.5; think that line hangs steady.

Tough to lay a big # on opening night with the Spurs ecspecially when it's the front end of a B2B with travel.

Tought to bet against/on the Lakers until Kobe shows his cards. Does he care or doesn't he. I could probably lay a FG but anything above that gets dicey.

Need to see what the # is on the Warriors game before I think anymore about that one.

Tough to lay a big # on opening night with the Spurs ecspecially when it's the front end of a B2B with travel.

Tought to bet against/on the Lakers until Kobe shows his cards. Does he care or doesn't he. I could probably lay a FG but anything above that gets dicey.

Need to see what the # is on the Warriors game before I think anymore about that one.

I will probably be passing on all of those games, was just babbling about how I thought the lines would go after they open up.

That's not rust. If Nelson insists on developing him into a PG, the TO's will always be plentiful and present in his game.

He wasn't even playing PG, at least at the start. He was playing SG alongside Baron. The Warriors will be dangerous at some point this season but I really think it's going to take a bit of time. Very similar to last year.

Kobe Hurts Wrist
spacer.gif

Posted: 10/25/2007 10:32:00 PM
Source: Los Angeles Daily News

Add another name to the roll of the injured.

Kobe Bryant injured his right wrist during the Lakers' 21-point exhibition loss to the Utah Jazz on Tuesday night. He received treatment Wednesday and said he hoped he could play in Friday's exhibition finale against the Sacramento Kings in Las Vegas.

Bryant has spent much of training camp monitoring tendinitis in his left knee, but his wrist injury is the first serious setback he's suffered this month.

"My knee is OK, but my wrist isn't too good," he said.
<!--
-->
Click Here to see the full article.

Seems like we all pretty much have the same ideas:

Spurs will be favored by a decent amount

Houston should be some kind of Road fav (except Rod thinks it could be PK)

Mixed reactions on the late game. I'd be shocked to see GS favored in that game. Jazz will get hit hard.

Sorry I misread your initial post

I'll ride with the consensus here and say Vegas will have the Rox favoured by a few points.

If I can get the Blazers anything above 12, I'll be all over it. First nationally televised game in awhile, assuming everyone is healthy and ready to go. 12 Points is a lot to lay, and these Blazers will scrap the entire 48minutes. Probably my only play opening night.

Whats up Philly? Lakers favored?

I cannot see HOU being favored over the lakers on opening day...You have to take in the kobe factor....the line will open at LAL -2 to -3 and the public will take it and the sharps will pound it back down to about a -2/-1 before game time....making the lakers a dog at home would not be wise on the bookmakers part because public views on a team will affect money coming in on a team...if you look back at last season I think only a few teams were favored @ LAL...spurs,det,suns,dallas....I dont think HOU is in that boat yet...

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=AD1><TD>Tue 10/30</TD><TD>501</TD><TD>Portland Trail Blazers </TD><TD>+13 2.000</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 187 1.893</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>05:05 PM</TD><TD>502</TD><TD>San Antonio Spurs</TD><TD>-13 1.909</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 187 2.020</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Tue 10/30</TD><TD>503</TD><TD>Utah Jazz</TD><TD>+3.5 1.885</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 214.5 1.917</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>07:35 PM</TD><TD>504</TD><TD>Golden State Warriors</TD><TD>-3.5 2.030</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 214.5 1.990</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Tue 10/30</TD><TD>505</TD><TD>Houston Rockets</TD><TD>-4.5 1.870</TD><TD></TD><TD>OVER 193.5 1.935</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>07:35 PM</TD><TD>506</TD><TD>Los Angeles Lakers</TD><TD>+4.5 2.050</TD><TD></TD><TD>UNDER 193.5 1.971</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Just realize the Spurs open up with a b2b .. I am sure they arent happy about this. Memphis could be the play here, wasnt san antonio brutal last year on b2b?

question for you guys with houston, most of you have it around -3, what do you play the line up to? I see -5 right now

Back