Preakness

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
#1 AMERICAN PHARAOH - Simply put, the fastest horse in the race, facing weaker field than he did in the Derby. He got knocked around a lot in the Derby and this is his 3rd race in 5 weeks. If he runs his race and is fresh, it's over.

#2 DORTMUND - as consistent as they come and puts up similar sheet numbers each time. Having said that, he has easy trips of late and the same sheet number again today is just not fast enough to win, although he easily can hit the ticket. Usable underneath on tickets but not in love with him.

#3 MR Z - Has shown some steady improvement and was really compromised in the Derby with a bad trip. Could improve today but just don't think he is fast enough to have a strong say at the finish line.

#4 DANZIG MOON - Paired up his Bluegrass number with a similar number in the Derby. Solid horse but just don't think he will improve again. Legitimate chance to hit ticket. Don't see him winning.

#5 TALE OF VERVE - If he finishes the race before 6:30PM local time, I will be surprised. No chance.

#6 BODHISATTVA - Showing steady improvement but not fast enough to beat some of the top ones. 3rd or 4th at best.

#7 DIVINING ROD - Improved earlier this year with the additional of lasix and last out was a decent figure but he would have to improve a lot in hear to fight it out on the win end. Bottom of the ticket finish at best.

#8 FIRING LINE - 2nd fastest horse in race and one with the best chance at beating Pharaoh. Ran a strong figure in the Derby and he will have a say in this.

It's not an exciting betting race. Pharaoh is the likeliest winner as long as he doesn't show signs of wear from the Derby. I don't see any other possible winner other than Firing Line. I will play both in an exacta box and triples with 1,8 and 1,8 with 2,4 and 6 for 3rd and will save with small tickets with 1,8 with 2,4,6 in middle and 1 and 8 for 3rd.

Back