Preakness Discussion Thread...

As an individual race its not worth investing much. Small field, big favorite. Baffert is 4 for 4 with Derby winners in the next leg. There are six >100 Bris speed numbers among the eight horses, and Justify has four of them (in four races). Two wins on fast, two wins in slop, no apparent weakness.

Would take a huge early pace from Quip, Tenfold and Diamond King to try to soften Justify up, but Quip and Tenfold aren't really that fast (they faded from the vanguard in the Ark Derby with a very slow pace), and Javy has never ridden Diamond King so I doubt he guns him.

Maybe a cold punch $10 tri of Justify-Lone Sailor-Good Magic, might pay $200. Will be looking at the pick 5 with Justify as a single to see if there's value.

Belmont should be a better opportunity, Hofburg and Vino Rosso will be waiting.

I was thinking Key 7 and 4,5,8 below on 1 tri ticket
I think D Wayne may have the 8 ready

I tell you what too. At my work this week the # 7 keeps popping up everywhere.

Last edited:
Anyone messing with the Black Eyed Susan today? Streaming it at the office throwing some darts.

Going w/ Sara Street #9 to win the Susan. Plenty of bombs on the card could pay out a nice Ex/Tri but I got no clue.

Looking like a quagmire today. All turf races now OFF except for race 9. Pick 4 heading Preakness now down to fields of 9-8-6-8.

Gonna guess we're all pretty sure Justify wins, 1/2 doesn't seem like such crap odds tbh

Gonna guess we're all pretty sure Justify wins, 1/2 doesn't seem like such crap odds tbh
I think in 3 weeks you'll get your chance to bet against Justify. It's a 2 horse race on paper and I think that Good Magic was really poised to run his best race in Louisville and Chad Brown just doesn't run horses back in 2 weeks but he also doesn't think Good Magic is going to get the 12 furlongs in New York so he runs him back here. I'll use Justify with Quip, Bravazo and Tenfold

I think in 3 weeks you'll get your chance to bet against Justify. It's a 2 horse race on paper and I think that Good Magic was really poised to run his best race in Louisville and Chad Brown just doesn't run horses back in 2 weeks but he also doesn't think Good Magic is going to get the 12 furlongs in New York so he runs him back here. I'll use Justify with Quip, Bravazo and Tenfold
He's a triple crown horse, I'm not fading him at all

I think Sporting Chance has a legitimate chance to jump in to some trifectas and make some noise.

I like Justify, Magic and Chance on top.

Also, it’s certainly easy to say Justify should win, but Quip has attractive odds for a horse that can win this race.

Even if I lose, I won't feel stupid outthinking this down the stretch

Should be a crush

So I am gonna play the exacta same trifecta finish in The Derby in the Preakness.
$10 Tri 7,6,5
The Derby Super was 7,6,5,15,10
Let's play $5 7,6,5,1 today

Why Not?

Well. If 7 loses..........
Have a back up plan.
I'm playing a 1,2,3,4 ex and Tri box. Fingers crossed

have Trifectas with 75/2578/12358 and similar superfecta with 10x $ on the trifecta vs superfecta

None of those horses that came strong at the end will even be in the picture in three weeks

Back