Potential May Return - Arizona

Ryno14

Pretty much a regular
Came here to read everyone's thoughts on baseball's potential return in May and was surprised to see there wasn't already a thread or mention of this. The plan would be for everyone to play in the Phoenix area at the 11 stadiums with no fans in attendance for the foreseeable future - with teams returning home if they ever get a go-ahead.

I think they are rushing it for May to be honest.

The reason I say that is their are so many logistics to figure out.

Money talks. I have seen some say that sequestering these guys away from families for a few months but... them woman want that paycheck more than anything.

It seems a lot of the writers/talking heads are trying their hardest to make sure this does NOT happen. Every talking point is negative it seems.

Heat would be an issue in a few months for day games.

What happens with a rash of injuries?

And, married or not, you know these guys are going to get some strange.

The funny part if they want to make them sit in the stands 6 feet apart. Why? They aren't there if they are not healthy. That is a bit extreme.

I get it is going to be tough to get it going in all cities across the country at the same time. But, don't cram it in too soon trying to get as many games as possible in.

Personally I don't want them to play games without fans. I'd rather them wait until they have the green light for fans to attend. And this goes for all sports. Just my opinion.

Who cares about the fans? Especially in baseball? Makes no sense to me to deprive viewers (and bettors!) just so people can attend the games. Its all about getting to see and bet on the players

How can you cap the mindset of a player that is quarantined alone in a hotel room away from their families and only gets to travel back and forth to play a game in an empty stadium?

And I fully expect to be in the minority here. Again, it's just my personal preference.

Makes no sense for the small market owners that rely on gate receipts to make money. A team like the Brewers would lose big money without the home game revenue. Its a great deal for the players who will still receive their bloated salaries.

Makes no sense for the small market owners that rely on gate receipts to make money. A team like the Brewers would lose big money without the home game revenue. Its a great deal for the players who will still receive their bloated salaries.

Any idea how much each MLB team makes from the MLB.com and national TV deals? Once you throw in their regional TV deal money, even in a small market, it is more than enough to cover payroll.

How can you cap the mindset of a player that is quarantined alone in a hotel room away from their families and only gets to travel back and forth to play a game in an empty stadium?

Not talking about handicapping/betting these games....I just want to watch a ball game not to mention my fantasy teams/DFS.

MLB would be retarded not to give cheap or free access to all games on mlb.tv and actually try to grow the game with a captive audience.

That's how you know it will never happen.

I think they are rushing it for May to be honest.

The reason I say that is their are so many logistics to figure out.

Money talks. I have seen some say that sequestering these guys away from families for a few months but... them woman want that paycheck more than anything.

It seems a lot of the writers/talking heads are trying their hardest to make sure this does NOT happen. Every talking point is negative it seems.

Heat would be an issue in a few months for day games.

What happens with a rash of injuries?

And, married or not, you know these guys are going to get some strange.

The funny part if they want to make them sit in the stands 6 feet apart. Why? They aren't there if they are not healthy. That is a bit extreme.

I get it is going to be tough to get it going in all cities across the country at the same time. But, don't cram it in too soon trying to get as many games as possible in.

expanded rosters

7 innings are some proposals I'm hearing

I'm with hub, I want fans there. That's part of what makes sports. Mlb would be easier with no fans. But football, that would suck.

Back