Postseason Fantasy Football

Smokedawg

Eagles Fan
Anyone doing this postseason fantasy football on nfl.com?

Im in league with a bunch of guys for some cash...

Basically the premise of the game is you set a line up valued at no more than 300 salary cap points but you only get 8 roster moves the entire postseason

So last week my team was:

Peyton
Turner
Westbrook
Fitzgerald
Mason
Celek
Vinatieri
Ravens

Now Im not gonna waste any moves on guys that are still playing this week, so I have to change out Peyton, Turner and Vinatieri

My strategy last week was to avoid getting more than 2 guys on the same team just so i didnt have all my eggs in one basket...

After this week Ill be left with 5 moves...

Im thinking I have to get DeAngelo Williams and Ill probably take John Kasay because Im most confident in Carolina winning, so hopefully I wont have to change my kicker again next week...

The question is where do i go at QB?

McNabb, Roethlisberger or Dellhomme?

I can go Kurt Warner or Philip Rivers but that would mean not having DeAngelo Williams...

well I would put Rothlesberger as a no. Pitts offense is terrible with Big Ben. Plus it's his first game back. Delhome you can use the same logic as Kasey. The other 3 are all solid options to put up some numbers (maybe not rivers) but are likely to be out after this week.

No question, delhomme.

Goign up against one of the weakest secondaries in the NFL that plays even worse out east. Giving up 220 a game through the air and those numbers are skewed- it includes having a ridiculously easy schedule being in the NFC wast and playing the mighty 9ers, hawks, and rams twice.

Throw them in the NFC south or AFC North and see what happens.

But anyways, delhomme should have a huge day. Carolina has a very balanced offense and should be able to keep arizona guessing/throw them off balance. They have too many weapons.
Zona has struggled giving because of giving up the big play all year and I expect steve smith to have a huge day as well.

You think Delhomme gets the numbers though?

Im kinda thinking they score on the ground

I think they use the pass to setup the run.....

Carolina is a team that will use their OL and power-run game to wear you down in the 2H, but I think they come out throwing and look for a couple of home-run balls early to stretch the zona defense and open it up for the run.

Secondary has been horrible at giving up the deep ball all year and carolina knows it...

Total is set high for a reason.

Panthers will rack up a shit ton of total yards both through the air and ground.

Zona rarely forces INT's either so you're safe in that category. Would expect delhomme to throw for 250+ // 2Td easy.... and probably no INT's

eehh delhome aint gonna get u the cash anyway. even though Car wins do you really want him next week? no. so i'd throw him out. althought maybe this is about surviving without using moves early then hopefully your opponent won't have any moves left and have the wrong players in the SB. no experiemce with this, sounds like fun. GL

Been playing NFL playoff fantasy since the early nineties - I've always believed I invented it :)

But we do it differently. 6-person draft, everyone drafts 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR/TE, 2 K, 2 D, so you draft 12 players, must have a balanced split between AFC/NFC (6 & 6). Once a player is knocked out, you lose him and you don't replace him. So yes, it's good to have good fantasy scorers, but it may be better to draft players that advance and play more games. (i.e. few games out of Flacco probably better than one and done from Peyton) ... Some accurate handicapping of the playoff tournament is required for success, because you don't replace your players when they get knocked out. Also leads to drafters weighing the virtues of Mewelde Moore vs. Ronnie Brown.

ok so one more game...

Im leading, up 20 points

I have Fitzgerald and Parker and 3 more moves I can make

the guy in second has:

Roethlisberger, Fitzgerald, Ward, Heath Miller + 3 more moves

I know one of his moves is gonna be Parker, so question is, do I go Roethlisberger, Ward and Miller and hope the other two guys he picks (2 of the following 3: Edge James, Jeff Reed, Pitt Def) dont score 20 points?

Or do I take like Warner and Holmes and someone else and go for the kill?

very tough. i think he'll prob go Holmes since he thinks u might try to lock up his team. might even swap to warner too. i'd just go with the best possible that u can get disreguarding his team, since he could swap everyone up to differ from you

i can pretty much gaurentee he wont go holmes or switch to warner as that would eat up his moves and then we'd be even again

hed be throwing away whatever advantage he may or may not have

theres 8 roster spots

he only has 4 filled

and has 3 moves yet to make

so he can fill 7 out of the 8 spots...it wouldnt make sense to sacrifice a guy for the sake of changing someone whos gonna be playing

so take ben over warner? and ward over holmes?

I kinda like both warner and holmes better...but he has ben and ward

i'd like to see ward in warmups if at all possible, when do u have to lock it in?

holmes > ward anyway but ward is that redzone target if he's healthy. i like ben over warner.

scoring is 10 yards = 1 pt
TD = 6 pts
FGs = 3pts
XP = 1pt
50+ FGs = 5 pts
no penalty for missed FG

Def scoring:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="bg2"><td>Touchdown</td><td align="right">6 points</td></tr> <tr class="bg2"><td>Safety</td><td align="right">2 points</td></tr> <tr class="bg2"><td>Interception</td><td align="right">2 point</td></tr> <tr class="bg2"><td>Fumble Recovery</td><td align="right">2 points</td></tr> <tr class="bg2"><td>Sack</td><td align="right">1 points</td></tr> <tr class="bg2"><td>Points Allowed</td><td align="right">0-6 = 8 points
7-13 = 6 points
14-20 = 4 points
21-27 = 2 points
28+ = 0 points</td></tr> <tr class="bg2"><td>Yards Allowed</td><td align="right">0-49 = 12 points
50-99 = 10 points
100-149 = 8 points
150-199 = 6 points
200-249 = 4 points
250-299 = 2 points
300+ = 0 points</td></tr></tbody></table>

Ended up going with Miller...shoulda went with the Steelers Defense...but it didnt matter...i won

nice little chunk of change in my pocket...takes the bitter taste of the regular fantasy season out of my mouth too!!

money;

Back