post misleading final scores please

• Thread starter Thread starter dopples
  • Start date Start date
Sparty 28 Tulsa 7. Sparty had one defensive touchdown, a safety, and three field goals on drives of 4, -8, and 4 yards, respectively. So yea it would be misleading to think that Sparty offense did anything against Tulsa

Boise 36, FSU 31. This may look like a hard fought game, but FSU jumped out 31-13, then, when they realized Boise was not going to give up but was going to keep hitting them in the mouth, they said no mas.

Fell apart in true Willie Taggert fashion--dumb penalties, half hearted effort, errors even high school players wouldn't make, and when the going got rough FSU players didn't want to tangle with the tough guys from Boise.

And the most telling item is that when the going got rough in the second half FSU guys started cramping up right and left and not one single Boise player had problems with cramps

Nebraska 35 S Bama 21. Huskers scored on a pic 6 and a punt return. Their D is atrocious again. Their QB is about as clueless as it comes. Nebraska tackling and taking the right angle is closer to high school. Play calling was laughable.
S. Bama was more stout on both LOS. They just dont have the depth for 4 qrtrs. They should be competitive in their conference. Nebraska is bad guys. You can almost see it on Frosts face. His UFC team would smoke his current team.

S bama outgained nebraska, which is somewhat deceiving in itself due to non-offensive scores. But Nebraska couldn't block them

Sorry Bar.....but Micshitgan fumbling 2 times in own territory, giving away 14 points, to kill my testers and parlays....

Not to mention the drops in the EZ and not being able to get in from the MTSU 2 yard line 4x.

Boise 36, FSU 31. This may look like a hard fought game, but FSU jumped out 31-13, then, when they realized Boise was not going to give up but was going to keep hitting them in the mouth, they said no mas.

Fell apart in true Willie Taggert fashion--dumb penalties, half hearted effort, errors even high school players wouldn't make, and when the going got rough FSU players didn't want to tangle with the tough guys from Boise.

And the most telling item is that when the going got rough in the second half FSU guys started cramping up right and left and not one single Boise player had problems with cramps
The only thing deceiving is the halftime score. Boise was gashing us the entire 1H. Our scores were quick or off Boise errors.

2H defense did what they could. I've heard how we were cramping and it is true. Not because we didn't practice in this weather. Obviously, we did. However, TOP was 40-20 Boise. We had 6 3-&-outs in the 2H. This is not on the players. Cramping is on the offense, Briles in particular. Barnett did nothing to help. The freshman QB picked our zones apart. I could complete passes against what he was seeing. When, and it was very little, we played man, our D-line was putting him on his back. The kid is gritty and will be a good one (Kellen Moore good). But, we let this one get by us. Need to use more clock by running. Our RBs are solid. Labron only got one carry and it was impressive. I'm curious to know if Akers is a rhythm back. I'd like to think he is, but have not had a chance to see. Our offense over the past couple of years has been anemic at best. The O-line showed significant improvement, but then again, it could not get worse.

Verdict- watch halftime lines in Nole games. If TOP is skewed to the opposition, opponent TT overs may be a sound investment.

Nebraska 35 S Bama 21. Huskers scored on a pic 6 and a punt return. Their D is atrocious again. Their QB is about as clueless as it comes. Nebraska tackling and taking the right angle is closer to high school. Play calling was laughable.
S. Bama was more stout on both LOS. They just dont have the depth for 4 qrtrs. They should be competitive in their conference. Nebraska is bad guys. You can almost see it on Frosts face. His UFC team would smoke his current team.

have a friend who bleeds cornhusker red and he said the same he hates the qb

BC-Va Tech

VT turned it over five times to BC's 1. Each team fumbled twice, VT lost both of theirs while BC recovered each of theirs.

One VT fumble led to a 3 play, 17 yard TD drive for BC. Two of VTs INTs were throw in the end zone, taking points off the board.

BC-Va Tech

VT turned it over five times to BC's 1. Each team fumbled twice, VT lost both of theirs while BC recovered each of theirs.

One VT fumble led to a 3 play, 17 yard TD drive for BC. Two of VTs INTs were throw in the end zone, taking points off the board.
[/QUOTE

Was just going to say this. If these 2 played again VT would win by DD.

Stanford 17 NWestern 7

The injury to Trent Greens son was huge. And the injury to bowser. They were gonna ride green and bowser over the bust from clemson. Complete fade material is this clemson transfer. You could say stanford had the better qb play in the game but I think NW was on stanford level or better with green and bowser

Missouri Wyoming

Missouri led 14-0. MIZ -3 turnovers, 2 directly led to 10 WYO pts (scoop-score and 1p 0y FG as 2nd qrt expired). 2 of 3 were deep in WYO territory. Third turnover blew MIZ scoring opportunity and let to WYO 11p 80y TD drive. TY for MIZ was 537-389, but WYO had a 6.7-6.0 ypp edge (WYO had 61 and 75y TD runs). Byrant 31-48-423 (career high).

i watched that game to me missouri looked lethargic early and never recovered jmho

I suppose AL could be a little misleading. Without their top two RBs for the 1st quarter, they were shut out. Once they were allowed to enter the game, Duke got boat raced.

Watch the game, had ALA first half,
Ala was shut out in the first quarter for the 2nd time under Saban. The first was the national championship last year.

Announcers were saying that Saban got a little worried after scoreless first quarter, the suspended players were only disciplined for 1 quarter instead of the whole 1st half.....lol

I don’t get these 1st half suspensions, especially for these big programs with their best players.
Most of them won’t play the whole game anyway. Why not just start them and then sit them second half when the game is out of reach?

Purdue lost 31-34, but led 24-7 HT while fumbling at the N39 in the 1st H. PUR would lose 4 more TOs (2 on punt returns; one off PUR helmet and Moore mishandled a ball on the ground) in the 2nd H which led to 13 Wolf Pack pts - TD and 2 FGs (including game winner) off scoring drives totaling just 60y combined. NEV did have two other scoring drives of 11 plays 70+ yards as part of the comeback. PUR had 4 possessions start inside their own 15 including 2 starting inside their own 1 as a result of several NEV QB quick kicks where PUR had not PR back deep. PUR 519-404 TY (6.4-5.2).

Watch the game, had ALA first half,
Ala was shut out in the first quarter for the 2nd time under Saban. The first was the national championship last year.
Not true. After the pick-6, Tua threw a long TD pass on the next possession; then Clemson scored again, all in the first 5:30.

Yeah there has to be another qualifier in that Saban stat. LSU has held them scoreless in the first quarter 3-4 times just during the current losing streak.
Georgia did it twice in the last two seasons.

This would qualify based on yardage and turnover margin, but appears that Eastern Michigan had some solid play and not all the Coastal Carolina TOs were that damaging.

Coastal Carolina outgained EM 378-291 (5.2-5.1), but threw 4 INTs. EM's lone TO was a lost fumble deep in CC territory essentially washing 1 of the CC INTs which also occurred deep in EM territory on successive drives. Still CC -3 TOs. CC led 13-7 HT (kicked 53y FG as time expired, tied school record). EM opened the 3rd qrt with a TD to take lead 14-13, then got a free short field FG off CC's 2nd INT, 17-13. CC's 3rd INT early 4th qrt occurred on 3rd and 38 so not overly damaging as they likely would've punted anyway. With the score 30-23 CC recovered an onside kick, but their deep pass was INT'd at the EM8 with :30 left to end the game. EM QB Glass was perfect 11-11-82y in the 1st H finishing 20-22-188-3-0 and only ran for a net 11y, but had a huge 10y run on 3rd and long keeping a drive alive that gave them the 14-13 lead to open the 3rd qrt.

illinois could have won by 80 if they wanted akron is bad

Akron only got into ILL territory twice all game with their QB Nelson in his 3rd year as a starter. Although new coaching staff and bad OL. I personally was on ILL but I was surprised by the complete domination on both sides of the ball. After all, ILL did beat Kent last year only by 7 and Ball St the year prior just by 3. Clearly this Akron team right now is worse than those two were in the 18 and 17 openers and ILL has alot of positives (finally) on O (run and pass) and D all together in one game for once! Plus alot of impact transfers that made a difference.

Even though tOSU won and covered. They seemed to shut it down after the early onslaught. The buckeyes could have easily scored 70 yesterday.

After reading mutosufan's thoughts on Ohio St in the offseason B1G thead, I saw #20 Werner (starting LB/NB) get victimized several times by FAU and I don't know how much Wint played, but he was beat on atleast one big FAU play (although it was a good throw and tough catch by TE Bryant, Wint wasn't able to separate the ball and force an incomplete).

There are definitely some studs on the this OSU D, I just wonder if some of their liabilities, although few, might cost them. Arguably it did vs FAU on some of the plays I saw.

After reading mutosufan's thoughts on Ohio St in the offseason B1G thead, I saw #20 Werner (starting LB/NB) get victimized several times by FAU and I don't know how much Wint played, but he was beat on atleast one big FAU play (although it was a good throw and tough catch by TE Bryant, Wint wasn't able to separate the ball and force an incomplete).

There are definitely some studs on the this OSU D, I just wonder if some of their liabilities, although few, might cost them. Arguably it did vs FAU on some of the plays I saw.
Like FSU, there was too much zone. It just felt like tOSU was content and allowing FAU to 1st D them to eat clock. They knew they were going to win. Just not used to seeing them pull up so early. Urban would have run it up for sure. Day showed a little class by pulling up.

Stanford 17 NWestern 7
The injury to Trent Greens son was huge. And the injury to bowser. They were gonna ride green and bowser over the bust from clemson. Complete fade material is this clemson transfer. You could say stanford had the better qb play in the game but I think NW was on stanford level or better with green and bowser

Ugly game that fortunately I didn't watch much of. Obviously Stanford falling on the gift fumble in the EZ for TD with :20 left gave the misleading final score. Two crappy offenses with each team's best QB either not playing or getting knocked out of the game (ultimately they both got knocked out).

Like FSU, there was too much zone. It just felt like tOSU was content and allowing FAU to 1st D them to eat clock. They knew they were going to win. Just not used to seeing them pull up so early. Urban would have run it up for sure. Day showed a little class by pulling up.

Agree on the O. They could've kept their foot on the pedal and FAU never gets off the mat in the least. Just saying (or agreeing with mutosufan's post), that D while overall is good, there are some vulnerable pieces a competent team could exploit (and even FAU was able to exploit to a degree).

Georgia did it twice in the last two seasons.

The stat was that last year against UGA was the only game last year where Alabama was held scoreless in the 1q.

If the crew calling the game had cared to do any research, Saban said at his Wednesday PC that the report of the suspended players being out all 1h was inaccurate. By Thursday there were plenty of people on my twitter feed saying it would be a 1q max suspension

VT lost 5 TOs to BC's 1. Two of the VT TOs led to a 3p 17y and a 2p 28y TD "drives" and 14 pts for BC. BC led 28-14 HT with a 356-239 TY edge, but for the game, VT held a 442-432 TY advantage thanks in large part to a dominating 3rd qrt that saw VT keep the ball for 13 of the 15 minutes and 9 FDs to BC's 0 FDs, yet VT could only cut it to 21-28. BC's O got back on track early 4th and extended their lead to 35-21. VT cut it to 7 pt margin but Dillon ran for 11y on 3rd and 9 to ice it.

Just wanted to throw this in here. Kind of unrelated but not really.

Did you guys notice a lot of weak late hits out of bounds.. I'm talking nudges.. For personal fouls? Felt like I saw one too many or maybe it was just me.

Taggert tries to explain how his team handled the heat worse than a team from high altitude with players who have no experience in southern heat and humidity.

Does a pretty weak job of it too.

Oh please. 108 plays of defense would have any NFL team cramping. What a f’ing moron.

In Ohio's 41-20 win over Rhode Island, with the score 27-13 3rd qrt, RH botched a punt snap setting Ohio up for a 3p 15y TD drive to make it 34-13. RH threw an INT in the EZ after a long drive with 3minutes left in the game.

Central Michigan led 24-7 HT. CM fumbled twice in Albany territory in the 2nd H and Albany got a 52y fumble return TD out of one of those. Final was 38-21, but CM had a 31-13 FD edge and 529-244 TY advantage.

Friend told me total yard numbers from morgan state b bowling green.

620 to 70 Total Yards! 37 - 4 First Downs! BG ran 101 plays. BGSU only won 47-3? BG kicked a FG from the M07, threw INT at the M03 and missed a 50y FG and were also SOD at the M04.

Back